Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Old Crafted Sets Need Some Love

Panda_iMunch
Panda_iMunch
✭✭✭✭
Lets take inventory for the sets most used:

For PvP, you got Hunding's Rage, Julianos, Eternal Hunt, and Clever Alchemist.
For PvE, you got Hunding's Rage, Julianos, Night Mother, and Twice Born Star.

While these are the most common, others are most certainly used, but to a WAY lesser extent.

Other sets are used, but some are not even considerable to be useful. Most sets are not even used for their full 5 sets, which is not necessarily terrible, but it does suggest that sets bonus is either too weak (see pics) or only good under certain conditions in battle.

This is why a lot of people just use a couple of pieces to gain a permanent edge in stats as opposed to using sets to their full creative potential. This has also lead to a degree of stagnation in gear combination. For example, most of the stamina characters I've leveled up have all used Hunding's since launch.

In the end, this can come off as limiting to players who enjoy crafting and take pride in their swagger and weapons. It's either I take this set and build and roll with it or risk being clubbed like a seal. The damage difference with the Ashen vs. Red Mountain is quite a lot and presents a clear choice instead of offering unique edge that can be used in different ways. While I know it is beyond my status to ask for a multitude of unique sets, it would offer up a whole lot of flexibility to builds and play-styles in general that would really work towards the ever lasting idea of choice this series is known for!
Yeetus that fetus

Youtube: Pandalius (Panda)
Twitch: Pandalius
Beam: Pandalius
Twitter: Pandalius
  • Methariorn
    Methariorn
    ✭✭✭
    I quote this: it's quite pointless having a tons of sets when you are "forced" by the metagame to pick up 6-7 of them.
    Methariorn sorc EU server AD
    Acciughina NB EU server AD
    Aiacos Templar EU server AD
    Sevoltan DK EU server AD
  •  Panda_iMunch
    Panda_iMunch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Methariorn wrote: »
    I quote this: it's quite pointless having a tons of sets when you are "forced" by the metagame to pick up 6-7 of them.

That's what it feels like and realistically what it is for anything competitive, but even if these sets couldn't get close to match the numbers of the droped sets, a lot of them don't even have the great of a utility in most scenarios.

At least have some diversity in the sets that can involve crafting otherwise it makes crafting seems linear and restrictive.
    Yeetus that fetus

•  Panda_iMunch
    Panda_iMunch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Update: Crafted sets are probably even in a worse place now that T1 has come out.

Hard to really justify using crafted sets when 90% of the new drop sets out perform crafted sets in PvE. Twice born and Night Mother are the only things decent for trials.

Which is sad to see as that means crafting has hardly any use in both PvP and PvE and generally can be ignored. Heck, I've even stopped deconing stuff as I have more supplies than I can ever use.

R.I.Pepperoni crafting
    Yeetus that fetus