The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

A question regarding harveted mat level and "passive level"

gard
gard
✭✭✭✭✭
The patch notes talk about harvested mat level being determined by a crafting line's "passive level"

Is "passive level" supposed to mean the level of that skill line (e.g. Blacksmithing level 50)?
Or is it supposed to mean the amount of points you've invested in the first passive (which for for blacksmithing would metalworking)

My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
-- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the amount of points you've invested into the first passive such as metalworking (hence, passive level)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great, thanks for the clarification.
    Followup question:
    If I harvest a survey on a different character than my crafter, are the mats determined by the survey, or the passive level of the toon doing the harvesting? I suppose I could just try one, but I don't want to waste any precious mats.

My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The survey nodes will match your passive level of the character you actually harvest it on.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord