The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mostly solo player looking to join guild(s) with helpful players who don't stress me out

Dahveed
Dahveed
✭✭✭✭✭

(N.B. Je suis bilingue aussi, ca peut etre une guilde francophone aussi. Merci. :) )

Hi everyone.

I'm a solo player without a guild who really likes the story and quest aspect of this game. However I also enjoy a challenge and a sense of progression.

I am doing a lot of group stuff lately by myself, and once in a while I can find players to help me. The dungeon finder is interesting but I find it boring and kind of ruins my immersion. My biggest gripe when I play with most other players in groups is that the 4-man dungeons especially become complete faceroll mode since most other player have optimized their builds and gear so completely that they just destroy everything in their path...

The last dungeon finder I participated in, for example, the first boss was dead before I even finished speaking to the quest-giver. I listen to all dialogue, read the notes, explore the caves/dungeons and like to absorb the atmosphere of the place. I'm not a hard-core roleplayer or anything but I do like to be a participant in the story as it unfolds.

I used to have a friend who played this game but has since quit, and we both had the same style. It was fun trying to 2-man dungeons back when he played. We would often die but it was great when we'd eventually complete. We were both patient and we understood eachother's style, we allowed ourselves to finish speaking to NPCs and read notes without the "GOGOGOGOGOGOOOOO"
attitude prevalent in most MMOs.

But he has since quit so I am often stuck. I tried soloing some of the Imperial City stuff but just get pwnd by the bosses, no chance at all. It would be nice to have 1 or 2 like-minded people, but alas I can't convince any real life friends to play ESO.

Hopefully I can find a guild with relaxed people who like playing the game just casually but who like to be challenged, i.e. 2-man or 3-man dungeons that are higher level, and don't mind dying several times and waiting for others to explore, read, talk, etc.

Thanks.
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Check out http://www.alitheso.com/ for a friendly guild where you can be as relaxed or as ambitious as you wish to :)

We are an English speaking guild with a very international membership, including French speaking members
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dahveed, you sound like my kind of player. My ingame name is @cyberjanet, please contact me. I will try @dahveed and see what I get. (Once I can log in, of course.)
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • Dahveed
    Dahveed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MipMip wrote: »
    Check out http://www.alitheso.com/ for a friendly guild where you can be as relaxed or as ambitious as you wish to :)

We are an English speaking guild with a very international membership, including French speaking members

I tried this, and after having to fill out an online report about myself (!!!), I was rejected because I wasn't "social" enough and didn't say enough about myself... after spending a half hour filling out a damned online form.

Sorry friend but your guild is exactly what I do NOT want to join. I play video games for fun, not to fill out paperwork and adhere to social schedules.
    Edited by Dahveed on September 9, 2016 12:35AM
  • Dahveed
    Dahveed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cyberjanet wrote: »
    Dahveed, you sound like my kind of player. My ingame name is @cyberjanet, please contact me. I will try @dahveed and see what I get. (Once I can log in, of course.)

I'm pretty sure my online tag is "@TheRealDahveed", but I'm going to try right now to send you an in-game message.
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unlimited is a good guild for that kind of exploring. I'll try to send you an invite the next time I am on. I'm @Ysne58.
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sent you an invite.
  • Dahveed
    Dahveed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ysne58 wrote: »
    I sent you an invite.

Where do I go to find this invite? I just logged in and didn't see anything in notifications, mail, guilds, etc.

My handle online is @TheRealDahveed - on the European megaserver.

• Goldwine
    Goldwine
    Soul Shriven
    Hi Davheed,

I really like what I'm reading in your post! I'm in the Aldmeri Dominion, currently starting the game but looking for companions with the kind of mindset you have.

I'm @Goldwine ;-)
    Edited by Goldwine on October 8, 2016 11:02AM
  • theragnahackseb17_ESO
    Nice post. I have posted on this forum section before, mentioning that I started a guild for a purpose of playing together in a group and doing content slowly (stealing from every wardrobe, reading all stuff, checking every corner, etc...) but there was 0 interest, so i deleted the guild. I basicaly wanted to meet new players that had the same interest as me, and that is taking our time while having fun together. I like questing and exploring in ESO, but i also want to play and experience all the contens with someone, since this game is also an MMO

My highest lvl character is only 25, and I dont mind starting from beggining.

If you are interested, mail me ingame : @RagnaHacks
  • cibernoah
    cibernoah
    Soul Shriven
    Not sure you've already found a guild. You can contact @cibernoah in game and I'll send you an invite to Souls of Oblivion, a casual, mature, relaxed guild :)