Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Need advice for vma

Niqhtmaredemon
So I was wondering currently I have 285 cp magic sorc is my main I have a stamplar and a Stam dk what would be the best time to start trying vma to have a chance to beat it and what build should I go for.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say give it a shot now, but know it will be a struggle. I tried it the first time around your level and it showed me how horrible I was. But that was a good thing, because I got a lot better. With your current roster I'd say try it on your sorc. Since he's your main I'd imagine your very comfortable using him, and with the wards and self healing it seems like a good choice (I don't have a mag sorc so I can't say from experience).

If you can't beat the stage 1 boss before the adds overwhelm you than you need to do more damage. If that's the case then come back with more CPs and/or better gear. I'd also recommend watching some guides on YouTube. Deltia has a very good series of videos on vMA broken in to a stage per video to give you a clue of what you're in for. If you get stuck refer to the videos or just come back here and me or someone else would be glad to give you a hand.

I haven't beaten it yet, but I've gotten far enough to know that your build doesn't have to be the best. I've gotten to the final boss in crafted gear. vMA is more about knowing which targets take priority and knowing where they spawn. What gear do you have now?
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Niqhtmaredemon
    5 piece Julianos 4 piece magnus 3 piece willpower dual sword destro or destro resto depending
  • Bowser
    Bowser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far I've only been able to complete VMA on my magicka sorc. This is what works for me, and I hope it helps.

Lightning Staff
    1) Liquid Lightning
    2) Elemental Blockade
    3) Hardened Ward
    4) Crystal Fragments
    5) Inner Light

Inferno Staff
    1) Elemental Drain
    2) Power Surge
    3) Crushing Shock
    4) Streak
    5) Inner Light

Overload
    1) Liquid Lightning
    2) Power Surge
    3) Hardened Ward
    4) Streak
    5) Inner Light

* Lightning staff is the main bar, inferno staff has the utility, and overload uses the key abilities from each.
    * Build up ultimate during the trash rounds then burn the boss down with overload light attacks.
    * Mixing liquid lightning, storm blockade, and aoe heavy attacks together solve most problems.
    * Surge and hard ward need to be up at all times, and max out the Bastion champion passive.
    * Streak is great for mobility and has a short aoe stun.
    * Interrupts with crushing shock are critical, so get good at bar swapping and turning off overload.
    * The SorcererHelper addon is great for knowing when to cast crystal frags and liquid lightning + elemental blockade.
    @King-Koopa
    World First DK Tank Execute on Rakkhat HM
    Play how you want - no meta allowed!
  • Niqhtmaredemon
    Thx but unfortunately I can't use add ons I'm on Xbox lol I gotten pretty good at my timing tho
  • darthsithis
    darthsithis
    ✭✭✭
    I used to do the cookie cutter build, but changed things up today and made the leaderboards! So instead of julianos and willpower, try this-

Kena 2x
    Aether jewelry w/ spell power enchants
    5x elegant clothes
    2x torugs pact.

Good luck, it's intense and frustrating at first, but soon you'll be farming it:) it's very satisfying when you get there!
    Message me if you want to do trials/dungeons, or need a trading guild! Flawless conqueror magsorc with a bad sense of armor fashion.
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are looking for a stamplar run the Andy S is #1. It's not really teaching anything but y ou learn his rotation and gear are actually very effective.

“Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey mate,

Flawless, sorc here. ( not gloating just saying)

My first clear was 270 CP Sorc it was HARD. Like really HARD.

I ran julianos, will power, skoria, Kena destro flame, sharpen staff gold,

You question to answer is simple you run it on your SORC but without knowing how good or bad of a player you are.
    I would save yourself the trouble personally.

I may talk out my ass a little, but I would consider myself a "better than average player" clearing at 270 CP was the hardest thing I've personally done on a video game.

The issues with clearing is not DPS, it's the ability to take a hit and survive.

Let me explain.

Round 5, ICE damage over time if you had CP you would take significantly less damage.
    This is true also to round 7,8, and don't forget round 9 the "D-Droths"

I cleared it without elegant, but had I used it would of made my clear x2 easier (easily).

At that CP run julianos get skoria if you don't have it aquire elegant set (crit weapons) or wait for sharpen in ONE Tamriel as they will be BOE and everywhere.

I wish you best of luck.

PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bowser wrote: »
    So far I've only been able to complete VMA on my magicka sorc. This is what works for me, and I hope it helps.

Lightning Staff
    1) Liquid Lightning
    2) Elemental Blockade
    3) Hardened Ward
    4) Crystal Fragments
    5) Inner Light

Inferno Staff
    1) Elemental Drain
    2) Power Surge
    3) Crushing Shock
    4) Streak
    5) Inner Light

Overload
    1) Liquid Lightning
    2) Power Surge
    3) Hardened Ward
    4) Streak
    5) Inner Light

* Lightning staff is the main bar, inferno staff has the utility, and overload uses the key abilities from each.
    * Build up ultimate during the trash rounds then burn the boss down with overload light attacks.
    * Mixing liquid lightning, storm blockade, and aoe heavy attacks together solve most problems.
    * Surge and hard ward need to be up at all times, and max out the Bastion champion passive.
    * Streak is great for mobility and has a short aoe stun.
    * Interrupts with crushing shock are critical, so get good at bar swapping and turning off overload.
    * The SorcererHelper addon is great for knowing when to cast crystal frags and liquid lightning + elemental blockade.

I do see what he is saying here, and quite a solid way to go, apart from Streak personally ( but that's me ) - harder for starters.
    I would STRONGLY sdvise if you do decide to go with what I said above that you only put 50-75 points in bastion and rest in hardy, elemental defender ( and whatever the other one is to help mitigate the damage ).

It's more worth while to you on that kind of CP. (Trust me I know)
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648