Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

veteran maelstrom arena questions?

ng2084b14_ESO
I have some questions regarding veteran maelstrom arena:

Do I need to do all stages at one sitting?

Can I do one stage and wait for few hours or day to do next? Will the progress be saved?

I am magicka sorcerer do you advice me to use 2 pets or just don't use pets at all?

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No you don't and yes progress will be saved. You can't get on leaderboards if you don't do it all in one sitting, but if it's your first time I'm pretty sure that won't matter to you yet.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Syrani
    Syrani
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you leave the arena for like 5 minutes (I think it's 5 min), the stage you are on resets back to the first round of that stage, but you will not have to do the earlier stages again for that run unless you abandon the quest.

Also, you can log out and back in, or quit out and come back and still be on the same round of the same stage as long as you are back in before 5 minutes is up. I have to do this several times every run due to gradual FPS drops and increasing lag, but be aware, I have heard that if you get booted out of the game and are working on a flawless (no death) run, it may not grant you the Flawless title. I am not sure if logging out/quitting out would also cause this or not, but if you have a no death run going, it's probably best not to log or quit out.

I can't answer your question about sorc pets. Sorry :(

PS. I have found that as long as I am back in 5 minutes and my stage has not reset, I still get a score. If my stage has reset, it will not give me a score.
    Edited by Syrani on October 4, 2016 2:47AM
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a magicka sorc there is no need to use pets, although they may well be viable if you want to try to use them. I slot 2 toggles; bound aegis and inner light, so only use 3 active skills per bar. Bar 1 is crushing shock (force pulse is better when you know what really needs interrupting), crystal frags and hardened ward. Bar 2 is liquid lightening, power surge and hardened ward again. Overload bar is identical to bar 2.

Assuming you keep dps up, including constant dots from liquid lightening/woe, then power surge is all the healing you need. I choose to double bar hardened ward but it's not necessary, just more comfortable. If you're confident with having it on your back bar only then you can replace it with wall of elements on bar 1, and this is advisable if you want a place on the leaderboards. I haven't got this far yet, my highest score is 510k, to improve on this I will need to lose hardened ward from front bar in favour of woe.
    PC | EU
  • darthsithis
    darthsithis
    ✭✭✭
    My first time is used the clanfear until the last boss and he ranked the adds the whole time lol. Your ward protects him and he heals you. It's kinda great to start with haha.

Ditch him on the ice stage and the last boss fight tho.

I used the exact same setup as fried egg above this post, but ditched aegis and only put inner light on my staff and overload bars.

I do this setup:
    2x kena
    5x elegance clothing
    3x aether jewelry
    Maelstrom inferno nirnhoned (just used a rando vicious death staff till I got it)
    2x torugs one sharpened one nirnhoned

All purple clothing and I made the leaderboards this week lol, just make the weapons gold is all that really matters.

Destro-
    Frag, pulse (use crushing until u know what to bash) hardened ward, inner light, wall of elements

Meteor for the passives only, never use it unless absolutely necessary!

Dw-
    Execute (endless fury), liquid lightning, ward, surge, and boundless storm (crucial dps and armor buff!)

Overload-
    Execute, force pulse (disengages ulti and swaps to destro bar without having to hit the ultimate buttons- better than leaving overload and then weapon swapping! It's crazy!) ward, inner light, dark exchange.

Good luck my friend, message me for my gamer tag and I'll send you lots of pots and soul gems and help you with mechanics :)
    Edited by darthsithis on October 11, 2016 3:49PM
    Message me if you want to do trials/dungeons, or need a trading guild! Flawless conqueror magsorc with a bad sense of armor fashion.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To answer the question:
    If you want to get on the leaderboards you need to do it in one sitting
    Your progress is save per stage, so lets say you´re at last stage on the last round and decides to ragequit and come back next day, you will be on last stage but on the first round.

But I can´t answer on the sorcquestion since I don´t play sorc :)
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My first time is used the clanfear until the last boss and he ranked the adds the whole time lol. Your ward protects him and he heals you. It's kinda great to start with haha.

Ditch him on the ice stage and the last boss fight tho.

I used the exact same setup as fried egg above this post, but ditched aegis and only put inner light on my staff and overload bars.

I do this setup:
    2x kena
    5x elegance clothing
    3x aether jewelry
    Maelstrom inferno nirnhoned (just used a rando vicious death staff till I got it)
    2x torugs one sharpened one nirnhoned

All purple clothing and I made the leaderboards this week lol, just make the weapons gold is all that really matters.

Destro-
    Frag, pulse (use crushing until u know what to bash) hardened ward, inner light, wall of elements

Meteor for the passives only, never use it unless absolutely necessary!

Dw-
    Execute (endless fury), liquid lightning, ward, surge, and boundless storm (crucial dps and armor buff!)

Overload-
    Execute, force pulse (disengages ulti and swaps to destro bar without having to hit the ultimate buttons- better than leaving overload and then weapon swapping! It's crazy!) ward, inner light, dark exchange.

Good luck my friend, message me for my gamer tag and I'll send you lots of pots and soul gems and help you with mechanics :)

That's a nifty little trick. I'll have to remember that one!
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a flawless sorc, and a leader board sorc.

Do not use pets. You may think it's worth using but it's just something more to worry about.

In no reason should you use it, you have ability to quickly get away with boundless storm. You don't need to, have something tank, return heal (pet upon death) or return magicka.

You have access to be a tank, harden ward - sorc self healing
    Healer ( self heals ) power surge boundless storm
    Magicka regen food ( for a first time clear it's best ) you can hit that harden ward till your finger drops off you shouldn't need to worry about magicka.

Play defensively this will also teach you how to achieve flawless later on.

Run harden ward on all 3 bars run inner light on front and overload bar keep the dots up at all times ensure power surge is on at all times.

The arena is 30% spawn knowledge, when is coming out on what wave and when to hit the critcal sigils on mobs which cause you strife.

For exmaple: If you know you are having a problem with mini boss, ranger & mage grab the defensive sigil to kill the 2 adds off automatically.

Simple things like that will lead you to victory, on a magicka sorc it's a faceroll for most (good) players with knowledge about staying out the "red" is good and keeping dots and buffs on is also "good" then you'll 100% clear it.

I wish you luck my friend.

Luke
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648