Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

One Tamriel crafting set are useless

charley222
charley222
✭✭✭✭
hello everyone
i like this patch a lot but , One Tamriel set are a lot stronger of most crafting set . let hope next patch having new crafting set recipe , thank you
the wall of the covenant
  • strikeback1247
    strikeback1247
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBS is still great for both stam and mag, however I do agree that like 95% of the crafting sets are way worse than the dropped sets. They need some updating ZoS!
    P.A.W.S. - Positively Against Wild Sasquatches - NO TO BIGFOOT!
  • charley222
    charley222
    ✭✭✭✭
    TBS is still great for both stam and mag, however I do agree that like 95% of the crafting sets are way worse than the dropped sets. They need some updating ZoS!

i expect some player , will try to bring TBS but still this only set is easy beat , tell me what you looking for ? and i will find something better easy , is not 95% but 100% :) , 100% agree They need some update and new set :)
    Edited by charley222 on October 15, 2016 3:24PM
    the wall of the covenant
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    85% of the crafted sets are underwhelming when you compare to most sets that are out there as reward/loot/drops. They rly, rly need to do something about that.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I definitely get the feeling this is the case. The lack of Jewelry crafting is certainly part of this as well, particularly noticeable that we can not upgrade jewels.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Twice born
    Hunding's
    Nightmother's
    Julianos
    All are good dps pve sets still

Tava's
    Still good tanking set

Eternal hunt
    Alchemist
    Kagernacs
    Seducer
    All are good pvp sets still

Those sets will still be widely used.

The main thing that's changed is whether or not to run maelstrom weapons, agility/willpower jewellery and monster sets.

Those sets I mentioned will still be best in slot for a lot of situations.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Copy pasting my comment from another thread on the same topic:

Julianos, Twice-born Star, Hunding's Rage, Night Mother's Gaze, Kagrenac's Hope, Seducer, Tava's Favor, Hist Bark, Eternal Hunt are all better choices than most of the new item sets.
    For PvE DPS in trials there's only 1 contender to Twice-born Star and that is Mother's Sorrow for magicka and Leviathan for stamina. The better group support you have the better Twice-born Star becomes. (that health bonus is quite important in hard modes btw).
    For solo or 4-man groups in PvE DPS Julianos and Night Mother's Gaze are far better than ANY of the new sets.
    For PvE tanking, you should have a lot of sets, but Tava's Favor and Hist Bark are a must have for any tank who respects himself. (obviously you'd have different sets for every situation though)
    For PvP for light armor magicka builds there is 1 contender to Seducer and that is the Worm's Raiment set that now grants a magicka recovery bonus instead of a healing taken bonus. For heavy armor PvP magicka builds there's nothing better than Kagrenac's Hope. For starting out on stamina PvP, Hundings Rage is still very good. Eternal Hunt is still good too.

Most of those new sets are complimentary to already existing sets, i.e. the penetration sets are no good on their own. I don't see how any of the crafting sets are underpowered. Each crafted set has a purpose. But these are still the go-to sets for most builds.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    IMO for end game play a few of the crafted sets are still viable especially if you figure in some circumstantial aspects here and there - situational demands. of course the jewel thing makes drop--sets a must have... and a must have is something the crafted sets do not have ATM.

But for the developmental stages when the character is levelling 1-50 and even for those cases where you are playing thru cp10-140, the combination of the jewelry thing, prolific rate of drop-sets and the fact that each new drop is leveled to you while the crafted gear has to be remade entirely makes crafted sets much less useful in that period - more filler than focus.

So, to me "useless" is way too far.

But definitely it has to be questioned whether the no-longer-must-have crafted is giving you the sense that "crafted shines over drops" that i think many feel was an aspect of ESO crafting that was good.

Put another way, if you want to focus on end-game gear - how many cases do you see playable worthwhile builds using drop pieces of potions, enchants or food/drink at all? How man times are the crafted varieties of these pretty much considered musts?

Compare that with crafted equipment vs drop-sets?
    Do more quality builds than not have one or more drop-sets involved - at least say a 5pc and a monster or a maelstrom?
    What ratio of "two active craft sets builds" vs "two active drop set builds" do you see in play at that level?

In most cases, it seems like there are at most one crafted set active in a given build (the only two-fers exceptions being swappers like alchemist where the "second set" triggers its proc then is swapped out) and then 1-2 sets of drops make up the bulk of the pieces in play.

That is a stark contrast to the "use in play" between crafted consumables and dropped consumables.

it was before 1T to be sure but now with jewels for them all (but not crafted) more drop-sets, more of them dropping more quickly/reliably and always levelled to your level on pickup - its worse.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• charley222
    charley222
    ✭✭✭✭
    Copy pasting my comment from another thread on the same topic:

Julianos, Twice-born Star, Hunding's Rage, Night Mother's Gaze, Kagrenac's Hope, Seducer, Tava's Favor, Hist Bark, Eternal Hunt are all better choices than most of the new item sets.
    For PvE DPS in trials there's only 1 contender to Twice-born Star and that is Mother's Sorrow for magicka and Leviathan for stamina. The better group support you have the better Twice-born Star becomes. (that health bonus is quite important in hard modes btw).
    For solo or 4-man groups in PvE DPS Julianos and Night Mother's Gaze are far better than ANY of the new sets.
    For PvE tanking, you should have a lot of sets, but Tava's Favor and Hist Bark are a must have for any tank who respects himself. (obviously you'd have different sets for every situation though)
    For PvP for light armor magicka builds there is 1 contender to Seducer and that is the Worm's Raiment set that now grants a magicka recovery bonus instead of a healing taken bonus. For heavy armor PvP magicka builds there's nothing better than Kagrenac's Hope. For starting out on stamina PvP, Hundings Rage is still very good. Eternal Hunt is still good too.

Most of those new sets are complimentary to already existing sets, i.e. the penetration sets are no good on their own. I don't see how any of the crafting sets are underpowered. Each crafted set has a purpose. But these are still the go-to sets for most builds.
    you mention a lot of old set , but that mean anything , try to explain why they are the best ? ,
    overall new set have far better stats , and better option and have the jewelry option , something crafting set dont have ,
    btw you say still good and still very good , but in the end of the day , not the best mean inferior vs new set , i guess 95% of the player now farming new set :) , on my character i got 2 new set , and is far better of before :) and everything from crafting are good but inferior mean useless for me thank you :)
    Edited by charley222 on October 15, 2016 5:31PM
    the wall of the covenant
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think you can look at crafted sets in their own right anymore.
    So many drop sets compliment crafted sets exceptionally well.
    Its almost like ZOS has compound drop+craft combos in mind with 1T.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • charley222
    charley222
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »
    I dont think you can look at crafted sets in their own right anymore.
    So many drop sets compliment crafted sets exceptionally well.
    Its almost like ZOS has compound drop+craft combos in mind with 1T.

any example ?
    always player saying this , they have any example ;) to back up what they are saying
    thank you
    the wall of the covenant
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a guy who wears nothing but Pelinal with a drop set, I agree crafted armor needs a lot of retuning
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB