The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Death Recap Missing

BoudiccaStormborn
BoudiccaStormborn
✭✭✭
Since yesterday's patch, my death recap has been missing. Instead, there is what appears to be a gamepad prompt. I'm not sure - I've never used a gamepad with the PC. I checked in settings to ensure that gamepad mode was not somehow enabled as I know of one other person who has had odd issues since yesterday's patch (a friend whose CP were reset).

3qztw9xyxr8q.png

PC/NA
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have Recaps enabled, so I don't see this. But it gives me an idea.

Try disabling and re-enabling them to see if this goes away. I doubt it, but see what happens.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Flowersquisher
    Flowersquisher
    ✭✭✭
    i have not seen that symbol before, but try clicking on it. It has worked for me in the past
  • BoudiccaStormborn
    BoudiccaStormborn
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I don't have Recaps enabled, so I don't see this. But it gives me an idea.

Try disabling and re-enabling them to see if this goes away. I doubt it, but see what happens.

@Nestor I'll try that the next time I die.
    i have not seen that symbol before, but try clicking on it. It has worked for me in the past

@Flowersquisher I did occur to me today that I should have tried clicking it with my mouse. But if Nestor's idea doesn't work, I will try clicking it.
  • BoudiccaStormborn
    BoudiccaStormborn
    ✭✭✭
    @Nestor That did not work, unfortunately.

@Flowersquisher You were right: I was able to mouse click on it! Now, should I happen to venture into normal dungeons again before they figure out what has gone wrong there, I'll know exactly how much damage I took when I died. :)
  • Flowersquisher
    Flowersquisher
    ✭✭✭
    Im happy this worked for you. Lol, i spent quite some time thinking it was an addon that was blocking my recap, until one day....
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has happened on the quest tracker before too (both of which use the same toggle; T on keyboard, and d-pad right on console). I think it's just a visual error - pressing T should still work.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • BoudiccaStormborn
    BoudiccaStormborn
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    This has happened on the quest tracker before too (both of which use the same toggle; T on keyboard, and d-pad right on console). I think it's just a visual error - pressing T should still work.

T does not bring it up.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    T does not bring it up.
    Hmm, how strange. Have you changed your quest tracker keybind to something else?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • BoudiccaStormborn
    BoudiccaStormborn
    ✭✭✭
    T does not bring it up.
    Hmm, how strange. Have you changed your quest tracker keybind to something else?

I did remove T from cycling through quests.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    T does not bring it up.
    Ah that might be it then. I think Death Recap and Cycle Quest Tracker use the same keybind.
  • BoudiccaStormborn
    BoudiccaStormborn
    ✭✭✭
    T does not bring it up.
    Ah that might be it then. I think Death Recap and Cycle Quest Tracker use the same keybind.

Probably!

I wonder if it's showing the gamepad option because it doesn't have a key bound to it. Now there's a thought.