Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Something is missing at Chalman Keep

Joy_Division
Joy_Division
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Sunday night 9/26.

Screenshot_20160925_211630_zpsln1coohs.png
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm honestly confused...
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Joy_Division I'm trying to figure out what's missing. All I've learned from this picture is that your name is Danny. xD
  • Morostyle
    Morostyle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sunday Night, no lag?
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see the Ice Cream truck that caters for all the DC that throw themselves at Chal west wall.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're EP and defended this enough times from the DC potatoes from the mine, you should notice part of Chalman Keep is not there :P
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is 300 people under keep they're in hide?
    Edited by Juhasow on September 27, 2016 12:50PM
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're EP and defended this enough times from the DC potatoes from the mine, you should notice part of Chalman Keep is not there :P

Are you talking about the Postern House? I believe one is usually there. I can't zoom in more to see if it something minor on the phone. :(
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psilent wrote: »

Are you talking about the Postern House? I believe one is usually there. I can't zoom in more to see if it something minor on the phone. :(

Yep. It should be right in the middle of the picture. It was just gone. Wasn't destroyed. Couldn't repair it. The door worked, but the house just wasn't there. It was a weird sight since I've been on those ramparts hundreds and hundreds of times and never seen the walls at 100% and no Postern house.
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes bits of keeps are added and taken away! I've stood outside one and watched as extra 'wings' miraculously appeared out of nowhere...
    The postern house roof bit bit can be destroyed, maybe that's what happened in the siege???
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    moonio wrote: »
    Sometimes bits of keeps are added and taken away! I've stood outside one and watched as extra 'wings' miraculously appeared out of nowhere...
    The postern house roof bit bit can be destroyed, maybe that's what happened in the siege???

Wasn't destroyed that was what so weird. The DC weren;t even serious about seiging (they were trying to farm at the mine). The wall was at 99% and had the scaffolding to repiar it. Repaired the wall, but no matter where I went did not get a prompt to "repair" the Postern. For a minute I was genuinely curious is ZoS sneakily removed it to make more room for counter siege in the next patch (the motivation for the reduced footprint), but then remembered there was no maintenance patch.

It was just a weird sight because that thing always got in the way of siege (especially oils) I wanted to place above the door since DC zergs love to congregate under the door :smiley:
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Psilent wrote: »

Yep. It should be right in the middle of the picture. It was just gone. Wasn't destroyed. Couldn't repair it. The door worked, but the house just wasn't there. It was a weird sight since I've been on those ramparts hundreds and hundreds of times and never seen the walls at 100% and no Postern house.

I could be wrong, but I think it has to do with the level of the keep/ressources. The postern "house" is only there if you've held the mine long enough I believe. It also affects the corners of a keep. If DC have been holding that mine for a long while, it could be the reason why your postern is gone.

Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem is that there's still EP inside of DC's main home keep.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Zouni
    Zouni
    ✭✭✭
    Similiar thing happens at BRK, sometimes the outer legde ( where you can place siege) of the corner tower is there and other times it is not. The side which faces the lumber mill.
    Nyxtes - NB
    Nyxta - Sorc
    Mastrofonoss - DK
    Gr Blue - Temp
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure the keep needs to upgrade for the postern house structure to appear, much like the corner protrusions.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Uhhh. Guys, you do know that you only get postern houses and the turret ledges if the keep's level 2 or higher on the Masonry chart? Remember how the keeps upgrade and need constant repairs to get to 305K HP walls? That's part of it.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    aha.. keeps are mysterious things, walls breaking again after you fix them, bits disappearing etc. and what are all the upward floating and glowing blue things around them?
    Some are really badly kept too, especially around AD, with broken masonry and vegetation growing in the paving stones.. tut tut..
    Is there a keep/resource levelling guide somewhere... it has always been some kind of dark magic that determines what a keep looks like imo
  • ataggs
    ataggs
    ✭✭✭✭
    What if Chalman disappears off of the map just a little bit at a time, then what????
      Confirmed Casual
    • Templar DC- Zee Taggs
    • Templar EP- Zoola
    • Templar AD- Old Zoola
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ataggs wrote: »
    What if Chalman disappears off of the map just a little bit at a time, then what????

Eventually DC is stuck sitting on a hill wondering what to do next.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • _Chaos
    _Chaos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ataggs wrote: »

Eventually DC is stuck sitting on a hill wondering what to do next.

pee'd a bit when I read this :D
    'Chaos
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Should be a feature. Those things server no purpose.
  • Johnniet85
    Johnniet85
    ✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »
    The problem is that there's still EP inside of DC's main home keep.

lol
    EP: 'Confound lvl50 stam NB
    EP: Confond lvl50 mag NB
    EP: Counfound's Orc Asm lvl50 stam sorc
    EP: Mother of Dragonns lvl50 mag sorc
  • Meilinka
    Meilinka
    ✭✭✭
    Well at least you didn't have a broken not broken wall? xD

wntqw.jpg
  • JaJaLuka
    JaJaLuka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sunday night 9/26.

Doesn't the keep downgrade if they take the resource, so the gatehouse disappears with it? (on that side of the resource)
    Edited by JaJaLuka on September 28, 2016 10:35AM
    Krojick, DC Sorc PC NA
    Milámber, EP Sorc PC NA
    Brunack, EP DK PC NA
    General Mark Shephard, EP Temp PC NA (Worst temp NA XD )
    Krojick Nightblade, DC NB PC NA
    Others...
  • JaJaLuka
    JaJaLuka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »
    @Joy_Division I'm trying to figure out what's missing. All I've learned from this picture is that your name is Danny. xD

... And even then you still haven't learned anything, that's the name of the person she's looking at.
    Krojick, DC Sorc PC NA
    Milámber, EP Sorc PC NA
    Brunack, EP DK PC NA
    General Mark Shephard, EP Temp PC NA (Worst temp NA XD )
    Krojick Nightblade, DC NB PC NA
    Others...
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uhhh. Guys, you do know that you only get postern houses and the turret ledges if the keep's level 2 or higher on the Masonry chart? Remember how the keeps upgrade and need constant repairs to get to 305K HP walls? That's part of it.

I don't know about that. i've never seen Chalman without a postern house till that day......
    Invictus
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sunday night 9/26.

The whole side was sieged down, and then repaired the wall but no one repaired the postern house.
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    svartorn wrote: »
    Sunday night 9/26.

The whole side was sieged down, and then repaired the wall but no one repaired the postern house.

but there was no option to repair the postern..... fear not though! the postern is now back in all of it's glory!.

article_post_width_2022223-praise_the_sun.jpg
    Edited by Lucky28 on September 28, 2016 7:21PM
    Invictus
  • s_jscorpiorwb17_ESO
    Dont the different resource levels add towers to the keeps.