Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

All these motif styles, Crown exclusive motifs, no proper preview of the gear before creating...Why?

Mutagem
Mutagem
✭✭✭
What gives? Game has been out 2 1/2 years and I have to google what a set actually looks like before crafting it. Or is there some addon I'm not aware of that does this? I mean come on lol
Mutagem - AD Stamina Nightblade - Prefect
Mutagentleman - AD Magicka Templar - Palatine
Mutageneticist - AD Magicka Sorcerer - Corporal
  • sdtlc
    sdtlc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just cause, i tend to hold a set in guildbank so it can be previewed
    Die Qualität verhält sich nicht zwingend proportional zur Masse...

Meisterangler vor dem perfekten Rogen...
    +Kaiserstadt, Wrothgar, Hew's Fluch, Goldküste, Vvardenfell, Stadt der Uhrwerke, Sommersend, Artaeum, Trübmoor, Elsweyr (nördliches & südliches), Graumoor, Reik, Dunkelforst

[PC][DC]Zunft der Helden[PvX]
    Feierabendgilde mit Ambitionen
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do realise that the Grim Harlequin motif is previewed directly from the Crown Store, in light medium and heavy variants.

That said, I agree that crafting previewing should have been a thing long, long ago, so you could actually see how the item your're making is going to look on your character, before making it.
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    You do realise that the Grim Harlequin motif is previewed directly from the Crown Store, in light medium and heavy variants.

That said, I agree that crafting previewing should have been a thing long, long ago, so you could actually see how the item your're making is going to look on your character, before making it.

Totally agree, so many times I've crafted then changed my mind once I've put it on, waste of Mats
  • Ruthven
    Ruthven
    ✭✭✭
    What? You guys don't like that itty little icon sized preview when of the thing you are about to craft? :)

Absolutely agree. There has to be a WAY better preview of what it looks like in-game.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This question has been asked repeatedly for the past few years. Still yet to get a proper answer.
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the way, they released a crown store exclusive dye too.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Wait what the [Snip]

[Edited for Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_JohanaB on October 14, 2016 12:21PM
  • Mutagem
    Mutagem
    ✭✭✭
    It's just annoying....the game focuses highly on cosmetic styles for a lot of players.....there's probably close to 40 or more diffreent styles to craft from, So set it up already jeez, it's 2016 lol
  • jeremiah911
    jeremiah911
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't agree more. A lot of trash MMO's have this option...why not a great game like ESO?
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yes a item preview should have been there from the start!!
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For any motif in the Crown Store you can preview the light, medium, and heavy variants on your character.

Mouse over the actual motif book and you will get a magnifying glass, left click. Now look just under your character and you will see < 1 > 1 is the light armor preview, clicking the arrows will take you to medium and heavy.

I also wish this feature was available at the crafting stations themselves but for now at least you can preview some of the motifs via the crown store. (and right now there are A LOT on the Crown Store).

Personally, if I am not sure about a style I usually craft it at a lower level (cp150 for instance) and try it on and dye it etc. This isn't going to work for the rarer style stones though:( I often mix and match different styles so modelling it makes sure I like the set together and that it will dye nicely.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »

not as a robe tho only jerkin
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How would we be able to sell ESO as a different kind of MMO if it had all the useful features, normal MMOs have?
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait what the [Snip]

[Edited for Profanity]

On top of their weekly costumes dyes, they added some for the rest of the month/duration of the event.
    It uses thalmor black ( a rather ugly black/grey avaible as archivement ) and the new hundred pumpkin orange, a complety new dye.
    It also cost 200 crowns instead of the usual 50-100.
    Edited by Teridaxus on October 14, 2016 2:02PM
  • S'yn
    S'yn
    ✭✭✭
    An armor/weapon preview, or dressing room, would be a most welcome change. I am certain this feature would be overwhelmingly accepted as a positive addition by the community. All the tech is there, just needs to be built out. It's not like any of us can wear a style that isn't in the game...
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Like someone mentioned, we have been pleading with ZOS to come out with armor crafting previews since the game was released and it keeps falling on deaf ears. So here goes another attempt (getting out megaphone):

HELLO @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert - CAN WE PLEASE GET CRAFTING PREVIEWS!!
  • shadowwraith666
    shadowwraith666
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they can add a preview option for costumes/skins in the collections menu then they can add one to the crown store/crafting stations as well.

It really makes no sense to have the option AFTER you have bought the costume/skin, have it available so we can preview them BEFORE we part with our cash, other mmo's already provide this feature for apparel/equipment/ships etc even F2P ones!
    • Vicktor Bloodtail - L42 Argonian Magblade, Werewolf - EP
    • Xarxes - L31 Dunmer Sorc, Vampire - EP
    • Lichtspear - L21 Argonian Temp - EP
    • Rajka Fireclaw - L21 Khajit DK - AD

PS4 EU
    Spill some blood for me dear brother
    Vicente Valtiere, Dark Brotherhood, Oblivion
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mutagem wrote: »
    What gives? Game has been out 2 1/2 years and I have to google what a set actually looks like before crafting it. Or is there some addon I'm not aware of that does this? I mean come on lol

Definitely a quality of life addition that is very needed.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Mutagem
    Mutagem
    ✭✭✭
    NEEED PREVIEWSSSSS BRUHHHH