The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Abilities not firing

Magus
Magus
✭✭✭✭✭
So I ventured away from PVEland last night and got a few hours of PVP in. Glad the group bug is partially fixed - only one group disband when someone went offline and someone rezzed at a wayshrine.

What I noticed was I was hitting keys and the ability never fired off. This happened with weapon swaps and every ability - it wasn't consistent but happened frequently. Compared to lag where you hit the key and there's a 2-4 second delay when it's bad but it still fires. No, this was hit the key and nothing happened ever. It was particularly frustrating to hit purge after getting hit by a siege and then thinking I was purged but wasn't.

Did anybody else notice this?
Duraeon / Maoh
Former Emperor of Haderus, Trueflame, and Azura's Star
PC/NA
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    this is supposed to be fixed already!!

still not fixed????
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    this is supposed to be fixed already!!

still not fixed????

They did a partial fix, working on the other part. As a work around, if someone goes offline in your group - kick them from group and re-invite them when they log back in to be safe. 1 disband in 3-4 hours wasn't bad. Everyone come back to PVP now
    Duraeon / Maoh
    PC/NA
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magus wrote: »
    So I ventured away from PVEland last night and got a few hours of PVP in. Glad the group bug is partially fixed - only one group disband when someone went offline and someone rezzed at a wayshrine.

What I noticed was I was hitting keys and the ability never fired off. This happened with weapon swaps and every ability - it wasn't consistent but happened frequently. Compared to lag where you hit the key and there's a 2-4 second delay when it's bad but it still fires. No, this was hit the key and nothing happened ever. It was particularly frustrating to hit purge after getting hit by a siege and then thinking I was purged but wasn't.

Yep I've noticed that too, trying to whip people who had 5% hp left and nothing fired, happened quite frequently yesterday night, but the server wasn't lagging
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »

Yep I've noticed that too, trying to whip people who had 5% hp left and nothing fired, happened quite frequently yesterday night, but the server wasn't lagging

It's great when it happens right after you've had oil poured on you.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »
    Etaniel wrote: »

It's great when it happens right after you've had oil poured on you.

Sounds realistic to me, you should be shrieking in pain, not pressing buttons.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This happens a lot for me on NA/Ps4. Mainly when someone get to low health. Reverse Slice doesn't work. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the targeting. Haven't quite put my finger on it yet
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is still happening . Also noticed a lot of light attacks not hitting in PvE .
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep it also happens in dueling outside of cyrodiil. I haven't noticed it during PVE. I'm guessing maybe they added some new server side checks to combat cheating that has this side weird effect. But good to know, I'm not the only one experiencing it.

288097.jpg
    Duraeon / Maoh
    PC/NA
  • Deedleqwerty
    Deedleqwerty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had to give up Critical Rush altogether because of this particular bug. Hated having my character running around with her arms and sword in the air, unable to do anything until I weapon-swapped. This particular misfire happened to my main character about 75% of the time.

Like I said. I gave up CR, switched to Executioner, then finally back to Dual Wield.

Deedle
    ~Deedleqwerty [PS4] / NA / EU
    CP 1980 NA / CP 1400 EU
    Aldmeri Dominion - Wardevils
    See you in Cyrodiil
  • leowkwok
    leowkwok
    This is happening to me too, sword stuck in mid swing during Critical Rush, abilities lagging so bad that it sometimes doesn't even activate. I'm riding my horse and all of a sudden I get warped back to where I was 5 seconds ago. And it all started literally right after the One Tamriel update..................
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah that's not exactly what I was describing. The gap closer bug with crit rush where you get stuck in the animation has been around for months. You can weapon swap or hit block to get out the animation though, or press all the keys you want to first and then it will unload them all at once. That has been termed a "macro slice"

What I am talking about is something new where you need to hit the key more than once for an ability to fire. Like you will need to hit it twice because it doesn't fire the first time. That's something new that I observed. I'll try to pay attention to circumstances around it for bug testing.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    PC/NA