Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Do you charge people when you craft something for them?

devilsTear
devilsTear
✭✭✭
I've been wondering what other people are doing.. I usually do it for free if they supply mats or for friends and guildies but what do you guys do? Also I bought the grim harlequin motif but since it doesn't have style stones and I depend on mimic stones what should I ask if someone wants a full set? I'm not gonna use my rl money to get stones for people.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mats only. I take any tips offered though.
  • Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mats only for me too. I never charge and I would use whatever stones come with the Harlequin thing for people.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeh probably 100k-300k per piece, at a minimum, if mimic stones are the only way. After all it takes actual dollars to get those.

V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they give me mats, then it's free. Unless its a complicated order with multiple motifs and multiple crafted set, then I request some coin. How much depends on how many places I have to go and how many motifs I have to make (which increases the chance I will have to make something twice)

Then again, if they give me one of those 4 motif, 3 crafted set, improve this blue, the others to purple and this thing to Gold, I politely tell them they need to learn to craft. I am not a Haberdashery on Carnaby Road or Bond Street.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    Okay cool, it's a shame the harlequin stones are crown store only but I guess I'll make some gold of of it then.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    devilsTear wrote: »
    I've been wondering what other people are doing.. I usually do it for free if they supply mats or for friends and guildies but what do you guys do? Also I bought the grim harlequin motif but since it doesn't have style stones and I depend on mimic stones what should I ask if someone wants a full set? I'm not gonna use my rl money to get stones for people.

i have never charged and refused payments.

if i dont have mats they provide them.

A couple times, i also threw in a 5 pc drop-set i had that went well with what they needed but those were cases where it was pretty clear they needed it.

Like with v-bite and wolf-bites, i just say pay-it-forward.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't charge, just take the mats and craft what they need. 80% of the time they offer me a donation for my time anyway, which is not necessary, but a nice gesture.

I then ask them to double it.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    devilsTear wrote: »
    Okay cool, it's a shame the harlequin stones are crown store only but I guess I'll make some gold of of it then.

Yeh don't let anyone convince you to craft those for free.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)