Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Being a crafter AND doing late game content?

arabgoodies
arabgoodies
Soul Shriven
Hey guys,

I am a templar healer and I basically have my crafting skills as a first priority in terms of skill points. I know there's a lot of skill points in the game but it's really stripping me of the skill points I need for combat.

My question is can I be a crafter and at the same time have enough skill points left be a good late game healer? I just started doing pledges (im around cp80 right now) and I eventually wanna do trials and stuff like that.

Thanks.

Best Answer

• mrs_gibbs
    mrs_gibbs
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. I'm a max level crafter of everything, and I still have skill points.

Hunt skyshards, finish the main quests, level up, group dungeons, public dungeons, etc. All these things give you skill points.

Plenty to go around. :)
    Answer ✓
  • Caipiroska
    Hey guys,

I am a templar healer and I basically have my crafting skills as a first priority in terms of skill points. I know there's a lot of skill points in the game but it's really stripping me of the skill points I need for combat.

My question is can I be a crafter and at the same time have enough skill points left be a good late game healer? I just started doing pledges (im around cp80 right now) and I eventually wanna do trials and stuff like that.

Thanks.

like the good man said, YES.

I'm templar healer and i'm master crafter in everything. I can be templar magicka too (i actually play maelstrom)

And i still have like 50 skyshards to find and like 10 skill points to use
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you can.

Currently I have 30 skill points unused -.-

After leveling up all my class/some weapon skill trees, I reset all my skill points and only spent them on the abilities I was going to use.

I have all the passives from all professions except the very last from alchemy which I think it is useless. I have only 1 point in "keen eye" because at this point I can easily recognize the materials :smile: I also have class skills, weapon skills, DLC/race/world/guild passives. I do not PVP though, I only have the spell that makes my run faster (which is a must for me!!)

But to get there you need to collect all the skyshards (I have 0 from Cyrodiil btw), I have done all quests with skill point, all public dungeons etc!
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yup. Im a master crafter on everything, I have all the abilities I need, plus I got about 30 extra skill points to play with that I probably won't use
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It had to be pretty selective on what I chose for skills as I was leveling up but later in the game you'll have enough to do everything you want/need. For example, i've maxed all craft skills, taken all the passives, am able to switch roles as needed (dps or healer), taken PvP/Undaunted/DB/TG skills and still have many left over.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Master Crafter who is fully invested in all Skill Points in Crafting other than Keen Eye and Snakeblood, is also one of my deadliest. However, it was not until she was around your level before she could do that.

One thing you have to do is focus your weapon skills, and it helps if you only use one weapon (she sports Destros on both Bars) But, I have enough skill points to spec out another weapon if I wanted to.

BTW, it takes 122 skill points, plus what you would use in Keen Eye, to fully invest in Crafting in all lines.

And, since all the zones are unlocked, go get those skyshards, that will help you a ton.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main is also my Master Crafter. I have all of the crafting points except for the ones that makes research take less time since I am done with that part. She is a Stamina DK, DW and Bow. She does pretty good.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • DPG76
    DPG76
    ✭✭✭
    Can be tough in the beginning , your best bet to get the sp asap is skyshard hunting .
    here's for getting the questline for those that reward sp
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Cadwell's_Almanac

Don't forget the dungeon group events and pvp as well

best of luck !
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes but it's tight. The only crafting profession I don't have maxed out is provisioning. I also have skill points in both light and heavy armour, destro/resto, most class skills, vampire, alliance war and some in passives from the latest skill lines that I deem useful to me (legerdamain, TG, DB etc). I have 6 skill points spare right now out of about 290. I have 9 traits in everything except metal weapons so I should get some back from the passives that reduce research times, that will help.

Edit: I would outsource crafting to an alt but I'd never be able to accumulate the motifs that I know on my main :(
    Edited by FriedEggSandwich on October 13, 2016 12:36AM
    PC | EU
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main has unlocked almost every relevant skill in his tree...he's a crafter, enchanter, alchemist, all fighting skills, all stam skills, most passives.

This requires a LOT of grinding. For newer players who can plan a bit in advance, I usually recommend moving alchemy, enchant and provision off to another character. For those who hate quest grinding, which is required to max a character as both a fighter and crafter, I recommend moving blacksmith, cloth and wood to an alt as well.