Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Best Templar Healing Sets - post Update 12

Aaru
Aaru
✭✭
Any uber healers have advice on the best crafted set for an end-game Templar Healer?

What do you find to be the best dropped healer set since update 12?
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spell power cure is still the meta for pve healers drops from WGT. Pair with worm cult or gossamer etc. Alcast has a you tube video on must haves.

Pvp is still kagnoracs hope crafted and transmutation just buy it.

Pve and pvp healing is completely different.

Anything with spell damage more magic spell critical will be good for healing.

Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For PvE healer, the must haves are still spell power cure 5 pieces + Infallible Aether 5 + 1 kena, since more spell damage = more heals. If you don't have Infallible Aether, which drops from trials and is awesome so go get it, Worm Cult is nice to have. Gossamer isn't that viable imo since the dodge chance only procs when you actually restore some health to your allies, instead of procing whenever you do a heal regardless of the target's health, like spell power cure does. So 10% chance for only 6 seconds seems a bit low imo.

If you don't want to invest time into farming aether or worm, which is now BoP from Vaults of Madness, you can use the healing monster sets, I guess, but they all have some issues that make them less than optimal.
    _Bogdan the Nightflame: while the healing totem spawn chance has been increased, it's still 3%, which is laughable.
    _Chokethorn: the healing tooltip is nice, but the plant that spawns and actually heals has far less health than even the dwemer sphere from the Engine Guardian set. Meaning that it dies instantly from mobs, boss' aoe, or w/e.
    _Troll King: gives health regen when you heal someone - useless.
    _The Engine Guardian I set, can't remember its name. Rkundaz, something like that: summons a dwemer sphere that restores health and stamina to your allies. That is actually a nice set, but you have the shards skill as well as repentance to give back stamina to your allies, so most of the time, stamina is not an issue. Now, if only it restored magicka...

The new 5 pieces overland sets aren't worth it.
    _The Lamia one gives a 7k heal when you activate an ultimate - far more useless bonus than spell power cure or aether, which actually give group buffs.
    _Light Speaker gives a damage bonus to your restoration staff abilities (*facepalming quietly*)

For PvP, the best is still transmutation + heavy seducer/kagrenac or reactive/black rose if you want to be slightly more cancerous.
    If you're playing in organised raids, you can even keep light armor with worm or smth.

EDIT: Just noticed that you said "crafted" set. Sorry man, but for healers, everything should be farmed or bought or traded :/
    You can always go 5 seducer/5 kagrenac + 3 magnus, but you won't have any group buffs to give, making the DPS wayy less than it could be. Considering they increased the health of every boss in every dungeon, if your DDs are already mediocre, without the extra damage/ debuffs you can provide, your runs will most likely suck.
    Edited by covenant_merchant on October 10, 2016 8:24AM
  • Caipiroska
    kasa-obake wrote: »
    For PvE healer, the must haves are still spell power cure 5 pieces + Infallible Aether 5 + 1 kena, since more spell damage = more heals. If you don't have Infallible Aether, which drops from trials and is awesome so go get it, Worm Cult is nice to have. Gossamer isn't that viable imo since the dodge chance only procs when you actually restore some health to your allies, instead of procing whenever you do a heal regardless of the target's health, like spell power cure does. So 10% chance for only 6 seconds seems a bit low imo.

If you don't want to invest time into farming aether or worm, which is now BoP from Vaults of Madness, you can use the healing monster sets, I guess, but they all have some issues that make them less than optimal.
    _Bogdan the Nightflame: while the healing totem spawn chance has been increased, it's still 3%, which is laughable.
    _Chokethorn: the healing tooltip is nice, but the plant that spawns and actually heals has far less health than even the dwemer sphere from the Engine Guardian set. Meaning that it dies instantly from mobs, boss' aoe, or w/e.
    _The Engine Guardian I set, can't remember its name. Rkundaz, something like that: summons a dwemer sphere that restores health and stamina to your allies. That is actually a nice set, but you have the shards skill as well as repentance to give back stamina to your allies, so most of the time, stamina is not an issue. Now, if only it restored magicka...

_The Lamia one gives a 7k heal when you activate an ultimate - far more useless bonus than spell power cure or aether, which actually give group buffs.
    _Light Speaker gives a damage bonus to your restoration staff abilities (*facepalming quietly*)

For PvP, the best is still transmutation + heavy seducer/kagrenac or reactive/black rose if you want to be slightly more cancerous.
    If you're playing in organised raids, you can even keep light armor with worm or smth.

EDIT: Just noticed that you said "crafted" set. Sorry man, but for healers, everything should be farmed or bought or traded :/
    You can always go 5 seducer/5 kagrenac + 3 magnus, but you won't have any group buffs to give, making the DPS wayy less than it could be. Considering they increased the health of every boss in every dungeon, if your DDs are already mediocre, without the extra damage/ debuffs you can provide, your runs will most likely suck.

is it good to have all light sets? 7 pieces?

what about spell power cure + healer set ? ( + maelstrom resto y destro)
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caipiroska wrote: »

Healer set is pretty bad. The 8% is nothing and you get more healing from using another set with some damage. Healer is straight out not even worth it.

Like Kasa said, SPC + IA/Worm/Hircine(trials) is the go-to for a PvE-healer, but if you don't have the sets:
    Kagrenac's/seducer is nice. You should try and get 5/1/1, 5 light, 1 med, 1 heavy: For the undaunted passives!

Master's Restoration staff is great.

Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • mertusta
    mertusta
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 Spell cure + 5 Worm or 5 Aether (depends on the situation) + 1 Master Resto Staff. BiS Healer gear atm. All of them are drop. Do not go with crafted. Also current meta is improving group's dps or providing them something useful. There is no such thing for crafted sets.
  • Caipiroska
    mertusta wrote: »
    5 Spell cure + 5 Worm or 5 Aether (depends on the situation) + 1 Master Resto Staff. BiS Healer gear atm. All of them are drop. Do not go with crafted. Also current meta is improving group's dps or providing them something useful. There is no such thing for crafted sets.

I don't have master because i don't play trials yet, I only can use maelstrom staff.
    And using 5 spc + 5 worm/aerther i wouldnt have 5/1/1 pieces beacuse they are all light, is that ok ?

Caipiroska wrote: »

Healer set is pretty bad. The 8% is nothing and you get more healing from using another set with some damage. Healer is straight out not even worth it.

Like Kasa said, SPC + IA/Worm/Hircine(trials) is the go-to for a PvE-healer, but if you don't have the sets:
    Kagrenac's/seducer is nice. You should try and get 5/1/1, 5 light, 1 med, 1 heavy: For the undaunted passives!

Master's Restoration staff is great.

But i can't get 5/1/1 if i'm using spell power cure + another light set dropped.

The only way to do that is crafting 5 pieces of 1 set and completing with spell power cure (2 rings + necklase impossible to find for me )

• Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Myself, I use basically two diferent sets:

Group dungeons:
    SPC and Combat Physician (the free damage shield every 6 seconds is very useful now that the mobs and bosses are hitting harder and also gives a windows for heals if the fight is too hot), Maelstorm and DSA resto staffs; (If the party is solid I change to dual torug parct swords or destruction staff for some side damage).

Trials
    SPC and Worms cult, Maelstorm and DSA resto staffs.
    Edited by Milvan on October 11, 2016 4:13PM
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • mertusta
    mertusta
    ✭✭✭✭
    5-1-1 is not that much important for you. Benefits from those sets are much much better than 5-1-1 combination.
    Maelstrom is fine also if you have no master yet. But I suggest you to get one :) It drops from dragonstar arena btw.
  • Wolfhammer
    Wolfhammer
    ✭✭✭
    For PvE healer, the must haves are still spell power cure 5 pieces + Infallible Aether 5 + 1 kena,

SNIP*

@kasa-obake
    I'm a noob so can you explain briefly what the breakdown of that is please? Where do you get spell power cure for instance?
    etc..

Thanks.
    Wolfhammer - Templar serving the Alith guild on EU
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfhammer wrote: »
    For PvE healer, the must haves are still spell power cure 5 pieces + Infallible Aether 5 + 1 kena,

SNIP*

@kasa-obake
    I'm a noob so can you explain briefly what the breakdown of that is please? Where do you get spell power cure for instance?
    etc..

Thanks.

Spell Power Cure is obtained from drops in White Gold Tower dungeon. Normal drops blue items, Vet drops purple items. It is a grind.

Molag Kena hat drops from defeating Molag Kena in the same White Gold Tower. The shoulder drops from the Urgalarg Chief-bane undaunted chest (you need to complete daily Undauted pledges to get keys).

Infallible Aether drops from trials at Hel Ra Citadel, Sanctum Ophidia and Aetherian Archive. Also a grind.

Those sets are awesome, but are very hard to get. They demand a huge amount of time because the farming places are very hard so you need a good groups.
    Edited by Dasovaruilos on October 13, 2016 12:07PM