Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown Crafting Motif: Grim Harlequin

randolphbenoit
randolphbenoit
✭✭✭✭
Ok is this a motif that can be found in the game during the Witches festival? or Crowns only? Motifs always been gained both ways I hate to see motifs be crown only. Any info be helpful.
the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    From what I understand, you can earn the motif during the Witches Festival... the same with the Hollow Jack motif.

I definitely want to get that Hollow Jack motif. The heavy chest and heavy legs would look awesome with a Valkyn Skoria helm and shoulders!
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I know Hollow jack Motif can be gained from the event I hope the Grim Harlequin also can be gained. Hope there enough time in the event to find both
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that, @Aerin

Perhaps it can only be purchased. :(

I must've been confused by this:

Do you like dark humor, grim but funny? We've got a stylish motif for you! As Chamberlain Haskill explains, “My Lord Sheogorath has directed me to compile a guide for those seeking to create 'Grim Harlequin' arms and armor, so that the Mad God's mortal servants may have a way to make all their equipment look the same.

But, you're right... it doesn't say anything about earning it.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's from Sheogorath, of course you can't earn it in game fair and square like the others.

I would have hoped we could at least trade massive quantities of in-game cheese to obtain it, though.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there an achievement for this?..
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How is this acceptable.
    Collecting motifs is a huge part of this game.
    shame shame shame (nun holding a bell)
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the article announcing the Whitches Festival they clearly say it can be found in game.

EDIT: Nevermind. Sorry, my bad. The article refers to Hollowjack. I guess I read it too quickly. Sorry for the confusion.
    Edited by JasonSilverSpring on October 12, 2016 2:48PM
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the article announcing the Whitches Festival they clearly say it can be found in game.

Quote me a sentance, because I dont see it.

If that's not true, this is disgusting.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hollowjack, not Grim Harlequin
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

they are only talking about Hollowjack there, not Grim Harlequin
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »

S'what I thought.

Making us pay for Harlequin? we'd seen this coming but this is confirmation.

Welp, that's a motif I'll never obtain.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Article actually says:

"While the Undead polymorph is active, killing boss monsters will give you the chance to loot Plunder Skulls. Opening a Plunder Skull will reveal special Witches Festival goodies, including masks (equipped in your hat slot), special holiday Provisioning recipes, the Hollowjack crafting motif, and more!"

Doesn't say anything about Grim Harlequin motif that I can find. People who insist that it does need to provide some proof.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

S'what I thought.

There's always that possibility of this motif being an early access, and that it'll be possible to obtain it in a future DLC.
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Up next will have to be the crown crate exclusive motifs!...

split into pages :wink:
    Edited by FireCowCommando on October 12, 2016 12:11PM
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

S'what I thought.

There's always that possibility of this motif being an early access, and that it'll be possible to obtain it in a future DLC.

Pardon, but that is optimism to the point of foolishness.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Up next will have to be the crown crate exclusive motifs!...

split into pages :wink:

It would be funny if it weren't so sad.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

S'what I thought.

No it's a bit of logic

Frostcaster (Stalhrim) is prob going to be Crown Store as well (indicated from PTS icon)

But there are no (immediate) plans for the Solstheim zone...

Ergo: chance for that motif to be dropped eventually when ZOS does release Solstheim

Same could be said about Grim Harlequin: possible Shivering Isle or Uncle Sheo Questline
  • Skayaq
    Skayaq
    ✭✭✭✭✭

S'what I thought.

No it's a bit of logic

Frostcaster (Stalhrim) is prob going to be Crown Store as well (indicated from PTS icon)

But there are no (immediate) plans for the Solstheim zone...

Ergo: chance for that motif to be dropped eventually when ZOS does release Solstheim

Same could be said about Grim Harlequin: possible Shivering Isle or Uncle Sheo Questline

We already have a Sheo quest line
    Kazari-Dar, Khajiit Nightblade..........Jarkyr Storm-Blade, Nord Sorcerer .......... Dunric Amedain, Breton Templar

Araniwen, Altmer Sorcerer..................Llirasa Andralu, Dunmer Templar...................Marzug gro-Borgaz, Orc Warden

Calinchel, Bosmer Warden...................Jahrel-Xei, Argonian Nightblade....................Cienri Maraeud, Breton Sorcerer

Inara Savicci, Imperial Templar...................Garoric Attilus, Imperial Dragonknight............ Maevina Tallian, Imperial Nightblade

Ravanni-Ko, Khajiit Dragonknight..........Faevyn Ice-Heart, Nord Warden..........Nazran al-Taneth, Redguard Dragonknight
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That proves nothing! It is probably just a typo!
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If it's 5000 crowns I'm going to be so disgusted!
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's 5000 crowns I'm going to be so disgusted!

Better keep some buckets ready then :s
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind it being Crown Store only - it's only cosmetic and have no impact while playing anyway.

But we badly need the option to change style on existing equipment, it's getting silly recrafting and improving stuff to legendary all the time.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So question.

You're running a Trials set of armour, but you LOVE the look of the HollowJack chest and legs, how can you put that on to the set you are running? Is there any way to do this, or does it mean you have to have a "hand crafted" set sporting this motif?
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P3ZZL3 wrote: »
    So question.

You're running a Trials set of armour, but you LOVE the look of the HollowJack chest and legs, how can you put that on to the set you are running? Is there any way to do this, or does it mean you have to have a "hand crafted" set sporting this motif?

No, but you can do 5x TBS crafted, 3x Gold jewelry, 1x Head, 1x Shoulder as Trial set. Hide helmet and try to ignore the shoulders.

But it would nice to be the ability to change existing pieces to styles we own, and I hope we get it someday.
    I wouldn't even mind if it was a huge gold sink or crown store thingy.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Showcase of Grim Harlequin motif.

It's in the Crown Store showcase, will be available for a limited time along with the Witches Festival.

It's pretty much a Crown Store exclusive, yeah. And Frostcaster/Stalhrim will also be crown store exclusive, judging from the title it had on the PTS (i.e. crown store motif).

Here we have it, the first move to crown store exclusives not otherwise obtainable in the game. It starts with motifs "hey, it's only cosmetics!", and you'll be a fool if you think it stops there.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm just going to type this now, you may all flame me as you wish. It is up on the crown store during the event, yes? What if, like the jubilee cake voucher (which was on the store a limited time), it was...

Free?
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

they are only talking about Hollowjack there, not Grim Harlequin

My bad, I will edit my post. I could have swore I read the Grim Harlequin. I guess my mind wanted it to say that.
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Showcase of Grim Harlequin motif.

It's in the Crown Store showcase, will be available for a limited time along with the Witches Festival.

It's pretty much a Crown Store exclusive, yeah. And Frostcaster/Stalhrim will also be crown store exclusive, judging from the title it had on the PTS (i.e. crown store motif).

Here we have it, the first move to crown store exclusives not otherwise obtainable in the game. It starts with motifs "hey, it's only cosmetics!", and you'll be a fool if you think it stops there.

There have been crown store exclusive mounts for how long? May want to loosen the tin foil hat. How many people have bought mounts, costumes, polymorphs, pets that are exclusive to crown store?