Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Are all crafted equipment items supposed to be able to be dyed?

Kraynic
Kraynic
✭✭
I made a Malacath motif shield, and it doesn't show the bars to color in at the dye station. Is this a bug, or are there more items like this? Is there a list somewhere that tells which can be dyed and which cannot?

Best Answers

• predareaper
    predareaper
    ✭✭
    This is either you not being on the shield bar when interacting with the dye station or a bug, all crafted items except for weapons can be dyed.
    Answer ✓
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the only equipable items you can't dye are weapons. Also, the dye station palette is linked to your account. This means you can only dye items you equip and make active. I not sure about the new dye packs from the crown store.
    Megaservers: PC NA (sometimes) / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (mostly)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Shared My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    ESO Calendarmancer - Retired
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
    Answer ✓
  • Kraynic
    Kraynic
    ✭✭
    I definitely was on the shield bar. The shield showed, but there were no dye bars to color in next to it. I was able to change colors on a orc motif shield just fine.
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a bug.
    Megaservers: PC NA (sometimes) / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (mostly)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Shared My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    ESO Calendarmancer - Retired
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a bug on that style.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not alone. I have a Pariah shield that does not offer dye bars. I hope ZOS fixes that - while minor, it's something to enhance your gameplay when you don't have the biggest thing you can hold being pure silver and clashing in color.