Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

*Furniture Crafting* in housing update

Kemono
Kemono
✭✭✭
So -latest news bring info that Zenimax kinda officially announced Furniture Crafting

jump to 4:25
https://youtu.be/5PCFl5-DvSY?t=262

WARNING >>> pure SPECULATIONS below

this section is hidden, cos it looks that this datamining is just some very old beta crafting build for ESO
Its quite possible that Furniture craft was ALLREADY data mined, just go check this link

big thanks @KriHavok
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/270043/data-mining-icons-items-showcase-v2-4-update-10/p1

Interesting is esp section with "proffesions"

Forrester:
7DCMG4N.png

Outfitter:
DSO2CyJ.png

Runecrafer
rhsDoAx.png

Smith:
f1pdqHS.png

So i guess this going to be all new crafts, separate from all old profesion, so we need to train them all just from the start - cos all those 9 traits furniture is going to look really good (and first tier furniture is going to be in a soul shriven (or poor folks) style ;D )
In link included before, we can see a lot of new herbs, metals, even gems that i guess going to be exclusive for furniture crafting.
This means that furniture could probably not use any of old material at all

So profesiion could work like this:
Forrester: all wood furniture -benches, beds, tables, chairs etc
Outfitter: all clothing furnitures - pillows, sofas, drapes, some finer details
Smith: all metal furniture, candelabrs, weapon racks, armor stands etc
Runecrafer: maybe stonework and smaller "shiny" accesories, like jewel stands, jewelry boxes, lights sources

i also think that this craft would obviously still use all old motifs (and posible motif stones) so player could still choose to crft like khajit chair or daedric "Sanguine" 4-person bed.
Lets say furniture style is open to player when he get a achievement for that style (or in other words when he know style in 100% - so ALL pages)
^ this could be much better then other alternative -that new pages for each style appear, and crafters will be forced to even more "craft style grind"
like +4 pages to all styles minimum (and its almost 50 craft styles now)

So what you, my fellow crafters think about this new craft option
These is speculation thread, so please share your hopes and dreams B)

Edited by Kemono on October 7, 2016 8:41PM
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Listening to the interview now, couldn't believe it when he said furniture crafting! ZoS actually listened to us! I can't even! :D
    PC/EU DC
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Furniture crafting before jewellery crafting. Someone needs a kick in the head.
    Edited by Banana on October 8, 2016 3:02AM
  • Kemono
    Kemono
    ✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    A table but not some jewellery. Someone needs a kick in the head.

bruh, im not even sure what you are talking about.
    You dont like me or Zenimax designers ?
    This is just speculation - furniture crafting could possibly look completly diffrent then what was data mined and posted in here.

for "jewelry" crafting> i seriously want (and deserve) for my house to look like this (just with less corpses >:) )
    you -feel free to put ONLY tables in your house
    The-Elder-Scrolls-Online-Thieves-Guild-DLC.jpg
    eso10-1024x531.png

Here, this is something on your level, should be easier too understand
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG8cbZL44VM
    Edited by Kemono on October 7, 2016 12:43PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure Outfitter, Forester, Runecrafter, and Smith were pre-beta professions that never got removed.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im gonna make so much
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Kemono
    Kemono
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Outfitter, Forester, Runecrafter, and Smith were pre-beta professions that never got removed.

Thanks for bringing this up.
    it looks that you are right
    i found this page - its not in english BUt it show more or less same ingredients like in datamining thread AND it was posted in march 2013 - so indeed it looks that this are old profesion from early beta (i was in late betas and crafting was "almost" the same like tooday)
    http://teso-esp.com/showthread.php/1129-Información-sobre-el-Crafting

So infos i posted in first post are more or less outdated, and NOT VALID

yet -some question still need a answer (sooner or later)

is furniture crafting going to be based on old crafting profesion or not
    Is furniture crafting going to use old materials or not?
    is furniture crafting going to be skill line? Cos crafters are skill point starved even now :'(
    Edited by Kemono on October 7, 2016 8:40PM
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im going to need to hire a interior decorator now haha nice
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If these are all new skills we need to level up, can we have a crafting themed costume that unlocks after maxing out each skill? This would be a good opportunity to do it!
    Carpenter costume
    Smithing costume (different to the original one that was in the crown store)
    Etc.
    Or maybe just one costume like Artisan costume?
    PC/EU DC
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Listening to the interview now, couldn't believe it when he said furniture crafting! ZoS actually listened to us! I can't even! :D

I withhold judgement until I actually see details about this.

There are too many details missing. I expect this to be 'convenienced' to generate revenue. That means locked behind some sort of insane mind-numbing grind, which we can gladly bypass in the Crown Store for an amount, TBD. (Start talking to your loan officer now!) Yay for Cash Shop effect!

It would be perfectly in character to simply talk about all the great features and neglect to mention the fine print.
    Edited by Elsonso on October 8, 2016 4:10PM
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great News and speculations! I think it's clear that there are multiple aproaches to housing. I still was suprised to hear you can get some House after quest! Propably after buying a dlc.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    question is,will stuff made with rubedo ash always be red? Furniture dyes are a must.
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it stays like @ZOS_MattFiror said in the clip it will be awesome. No ties to the Crown Store.
    You better start saving your gold. LOL
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hagermanj wrote: »
    If it stays like @ZOS_MattFiror said in the clip it will be awesome. No ties to the Crown Store.
    You better start saving your gold. LOL

Like I said above, we hav not seen the "fine print" for this deal, yet. I would not stop counting my Crowns, just yet.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wanna bet some kind of plans/blueprints/motifs will be required? And they will either drop from a specific boss somewhere once every other month when Secundus is full, or some will be offered in the crown store.....