Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Tamriel One Zone question

CombatPrayer
CombatPrayer
✭✭✭✭
If my cp360 toon goes into silver and gold zones, are there going to be tons of low level toons or did they keep that so we get some place to still enjoy that level of solitude and true single player type of feeling?
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are no more Silver and Gold zones with One Tamriel. There is one version of each zone shared by everyone.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Every zone will be open to a mix of low- and high-level players. We can expect our gold zones to be more populated than they currently are.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no place in Tamriel that you can hide from the low levels. :smiley: It is still possible to hide in Coldharbour from any lowbie that does not have an active guild with people in Coldharbour.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Suter1972
    Suter1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    way to go making the newbies feel welcome.

I'll get my coat

ironically, I find its the high level players that are spamming AOE's in populated areas. Must be the boredom of being so fantastic.
    Edited by Suter1972 on September 14, 2016 1:50PM
    Was - Breton DC ( GIRL - Guy In Real Life toon) Magika Templar Healer/ 5-8 trait Crafter - currently CP290 and learning now starting again on xbox…...

xbox suter1972 - Character name - Hota Woskeef

Xbox EU ESO+ Mature (40+) UK casual gamer
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suter1972 wrote: »

I'll get my coat

ironically, I find its the high level players that are spamming AOE's in populated areas. Must be the boredom of being so fantastic.

Most people pay little attention to character level. With One Tamriel, it is really irrelevant, as far as over world goes. The OP is mainly concerned about how many players are around in order to preserve the "alone" feeling that you don't normally get in an MMO.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • CombatPrayer
    CombatPrayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    It has nothing to do with lowbies. I have no problem with them. I do dislike loosing those zones that were quiet and losing the ability to farm some things I need because there are going to be so many people there.

I feel like having gotten that far in the game, when LOTS of lower level new players quit, and for even progressing into silver and gold when most don't even bother with that, it's nice to have those zones quiet for immersion. Anyone that goes that far into the game is most likely a person who likes the single player aspect and even more likely enjoys having those zones less populated to give that TES, skyrim/oblivion feel and immersion. By them removing those few (probably one or two) instances that players have to go to those zones they show they don't even understand or care about their users wants and likes because I doubt I am alone in that aspect. Probably that was the one thing I liked most about this game to be totally honest. They should leave silver and gold alone. Personally I like the game when it feels like a ghost town. It's the only time I feel like I'm actually in a TES game at all.
    Edited by CombatPrayer on September 14, 2016 2:41PM
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is no place in Tamriel that you can hide from the low levels. :smiley: It is still possible to hide in Coldharbour from any lowbie that does not have an active guild with people in Coldharbour.

There is such place and it is called vMA :wink:

EDIT: But yeah... vMA is not actually a part of Tamriel...
    Edited by Tyrion87 on September 14, 2016 2:43PM
  • CombatPrayer
    CombatPrayer
    ✭✭✭✭

I'll get my coat

Wow, you really are off in your assumption. And it's more revealing about you than me. I want the zones to remain absent of lower levels only because there are far far more new players at low levels running through the maps and that really doesn't allow for any kind of immersion when I see dozens of players everywhere I go. And the simple fact is that probably one quarter to half the new players seem to quit if stats from all my guilds apply across the board. Whereas long term players who made it to silver and gold and choose to go into those zone, I feel, have earned the right to have some solitude and immersion. Hell, I would be please if the game had an instance for all of us, but that would not be viable. But as it stands now, they probably only need like one or two instances of silver and gold to give us that immersion, and doing away with those maybe total four instances and taking away that immersion we get will likely cost more in loss of player satisfaction than it will in money.

Note I did say specifically about single player and immersion feeling. So you didn't even read the whole the whole sentence. Good god.
    Edited by CombatPrayer on September 14, 2016 2:50PM
  • Suter1972
    Suter1972
    ✭✭✭✭

I'll get my coat

Wow, you really are off in your assumption. And it's more revealing about you than me. I want the zones to remain absent of lower levels only because there are far far more new players at low levels running through the maps and that really doesn't allow for any kind of immersion when I see dozens of players everywhere I go. And the simple fact is that probably one quarter to half the new players seem to quit if stats from all my guilds apply across the board. Whereas long term players who made it to silver and gold and choose to go into those zone, I feel, have earned the right to have some solitude and immersion. Hell, I would be please if the game had an instance for all of us, but that would not be viable. But as it stands now, they probably only need like one or two instances of silver and gold to give us that immersion, and doing away with those maybe total four instances and taking away that immersion we get will likely cost more in loss of player satisfaction than it will in money.

Note I did say specifically about single player and immersion feeling. So you didn't even read the whole the whole sentence. Good god.

ok, lets drop the 'good gods' etc and keep it respectful??

I can read thanks. Im a mature professional person in my work / real life.

irrespective of all the waffle in your post, the line that stands out from your OP is "are there going to be tons of low level toons or did they keep that so we get some place to still enjoy that level of solitude"

To me, that singles out 'low level toons' and are they going to spoil your fun of wanting a single player experience in an MMO? am I wrong?

also, you 'assume' that a low level toon is a new player..... not always the case.

But having read your bigger post, it just reinforces my assumption. You feel that because you have played for a long time, you should have some kind of exclusivity to zones where you can be immersed by yourself.

As I said….. way to make new players feel welcome.

Edited by Suter1972 on September 14, 2016 3:08PM
    Was - Breton DC ( GIRL - Guy In Real Life toon) Magika Templar Healer/ 5-8 trait Crafter - currently CP290 and learning now starting again on xbox…...

xbox suter1972 - Character name - Hota Woskeef

Xbox EU ESO+ Mature (40+) UK casual gamer
  • CombatPrayer
    CombatPrayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want my immersion zones to stay immersed. I don't see low level toons there. So yes, I singled them out. There are no low levels. There are maybe five to ten silver gold level toons in the whole zone at any given time. I want that to continue so that I can have my immersion. I made it that far and yes I want to continue to enjoy that solitude. In case you haven't noticed, low level toons are the bulk of what is in the game on any given day. I don't have anything against them. I have three right now I am building. But I like those post game zones to be quite and free other players and since it's the only ones that seem to be in my zones in bulk are low levels, yeah I said low level toons. I'm not here to be a welcoming committee. You can do that if you please. I am here to ask if something I very much enjoy about my game is now going to be gone.

And yes I absolutely feel I should be allowed my zones to myself for my immersion because it's a TES game. They are at their core, immersion games. And this game given the MASSIVE amount of single player content appears to want to mimic that. So therefore they should not take away the few places a player can genuinely enjoy that immersion.I am 100% sure I am not alone in that feeling.
    Edited by CombatPrayer on September 14, 2016 3:32PM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may not be alone in wanting this but I've seen far more people who are excited that those zones will be more populated than people being disappointed.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'll get my coat

ok, lets drop the 'good gods' etc and keep it respectful??

I can read thanks. Im a mature professional person in my work / real life.

irrespective of all the waffle in your post, the line that stands out from your OP is "are there going to be tons of low level toons or did they keep that so we get some place to still enjoy that level of solitude"

To me, that singles out 'low level toons' and are they going to spoil your fun of wanting a single player experience in an MMO? am I wrong?

also, you 'assume' that a low level toon is a new player..... not always the case.

But having read your bigger post, it just reinforces my assumption. You feel that because you have played for a long time, you should have some kind of exclusivity to zones where you can be immersed by yourself.

As I said….. way to make new players feel welcome.

If you read the rest, he wants the zones empty, not only high level players.

Low levels quest more. Once you get to 50, you don't to silver or gold zones. That's his point.
    Edited by Brrrofski on September 16, 2016 2:38PM
  • BlanketFort
    BlanketFort
    ✭✭✭✭
    @autumnsongbird I know it's an old post (well, almost a month) BUT I just HAVE to ask..

If you want the single player experience, why play ESO? I don't mean to be rude, at all, it just baffles me. It is an MMO, after all, and that means there will be other players around, regardless of their level.

On the other hand, i also understand what you mean. It is fun walking around ghost zones and breathing in the un-populated air, but I've long come to accept that the status-quo is eventually going to change. If I had wanted a true single player experience, I'd go play games that have exactly that in mind and we're appropriately designed.

Whatever the core of the game be, it still ends with "Online". There will be other players around. Do they want that level of solo immersion, too? Probably. However, these players will have to face the reality. It is not The Elders Scrolls VI.
    Also, if it's that kind of Immersion ZOS was aiming for with ESO, then they wouldn't have released 1T. They know very well how the zones would look like in regards to population.

Again, not bashing on those who want immersion (i have a feeling that it is subjective, anyway). I think ESO caters to a lot of varying players and their goals. It's just that I think it's the wrong game to demand a whole zone for oneself.
    Edited by BlanketFort on October 10, 2016 2:12PM