The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Black hole in the sky ever since one tamriel

MercTheMage
MercTheMage
✭✭✭✭
Ever since the update, I've been experiencing an odd graphical anomaly.
When I tilt my camera up at the sky, there's this kinda black spot. I've only noticed this in Maelstrom, Crypt of Hearts, and Reapers March, only when it's night, or like in crypt of hearts where it's always nighttime. This does not occur on the pts, and it's never happened before the update, also, on the pts, crypt of hearts has a cloudy sky, on live, it's just clear with the black hole, so idk if the black is maybe used to create a gradient effect in the clouds and they're just not rendering over it or something.
I went to CoH with a friend, texted her a screenshot, she gets it in her game too.
Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone have a fix or something?

The screenshots are in different locations since they were taken on different occasions and didn't feel like doing the entire dungeon for a screenshot, but it happens in any of the courtyard areas where you can see the sky

CoH on the pts
codg7zan0dhj.jpg

CoH on live
avkv7j3hhmre.jpg

Reapers March
dd90ich0oa3m.jpg
You just going to stand there like a lemon?
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's where the crown crates will drop from.
  • MercTheMage
    MercTheMage
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dude, don't even get me started on the crown shitboxes
  • MercTheMage
    MercTheMage
    ✭✭✭✭
    Opened a ton of them on the pts and all I got was a single soulgem, crappy pots, crappy food and crappy poisons
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This probably has something to do with certain visual effects not animating properly.

Here is a thread that discusses the problem, as well as some potential fixes you can try.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3420650/