Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Why do the "shpments" in Dailies Have Misc Materials

Sparky_Sorc
Sparky_Sorc
✭✭✭
I do 60 writs everyday and have for some time now. All 10 crafters are cp160 and all masters in all trades. So why am I getting Shipments of Iron Ingots ?

Best Answer

• Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some craters complained that they could no longer farm specific levels of mats in one tamriel, so now we get the junk cluttering up the inventory. I really don't get it. Every alt I've ever made has always supplied all their own equipment materials, they are still doing it now, it's not as if there isn't enough loot to level up the crafting, or enough spare skill points to drop a handful in weapons and armour. Up to level 50, provided you do all the quests and get all the skyshards it will almost be raining skill points :D
    Answer ✓
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since One Tamriel hit, there's no other way to get lower tier materials, ZoS' solution to this was to put random lower tier materials in crafting writ rewards.
    Edited by Saoirse_Siobhan on October 8, 2016 4:11PM
    PC/EU DC
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What TheWhiteDarkness said.
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then lower level materials should be available from NPC vendors the way potency enchantments are.

Getting this may have a reason but it feels like an insult. Give this sort of stuff to crafters in the teens doing writs...

Smithing%20Insult_zpsxb6rolya.png