Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Crafting Statistics - Refining

helediron
helediron
✭✭✭✭✭
Here are refining results in Shadow of the Hist DLC. Golden drop rate is 5%. It has been that way last two years, contrary to numerous threads.

Screenshot%202016-08-19%2018.08.45.png
On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is a meta-table of refinements starting from February 2015.

Screenshot%202016-08-19%2018.18.39A.jpg
    Edited by helediron on August 19, 2016 3:21PM
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reserved
  • damtotb16_ESO
    damtotb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    Here are refining results in Shadow of the Hist DLC. Golden drop rate is 5%. It has been that way last two years, contrary to numerous threads.

According to my observation gold drop rate is around 3% when refining large amount of mats
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

According to my observation gold drop rate is around 3% when refining large amount of mats
    I suggest you write down and publish actual numbers. I document batches only when they are over 5000 mats. anything below is unreliable.

• Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Harvested and refined 500+ voidstone and got 0 tempering alloy. I notice that the price of tempering alloy is surging too - it was about 7-8000 a few months ago (on EU PC) and is now 11000+.
    Edited by Bam_Bam on August 21, 2016 10:30AM
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brilliant data.

However: if you refine 7010 raw mats (taking blacksmithing as an example from your first table) and obtain 35 tempering alloys, the rate is 0.5%.

That's 1 for 200 raw mats, which corresponds to my experience.
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arthg wrote: »
    Brilliant data.

However: if you refine 7010 raw mats (taking blacksmithing as an example from your first table) and obtain 35 tempering alloys, the rate is 0.5%.

The percentage is chance per refine. One refine takes ten mats. That makes the difference.
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arthg wrote: »
    Brilliant data.

The percentage is chance per refine. One refine takes ten mats. That makes the difference.

Ah yes, of course, that makes sense!

Really brilliant data, hats off :)
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Refining in One Tamriel - no change in drop rate. This time got 5,6% goldens from refinements.
    Screenshot%202016-10-08%2012.08.33.png
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So about 1 gold mat /200 rawmats, as it´s been a long time.
  • nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I suggest you write down and publish actual numbers. I document batches only when they are over 5000 mats. anything below is unreliable.

I ended with the same numbers as you with batches of around 3k.... :)