Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

[Suggestion] Dwemer Home and Guild Halls

nhanschkeb16_ESO
nhanschkeb16_ESO
✭✭✭
I think we can all agree that the information that just came out about player homes is amazing. Different sized and themed homes, crafting furniture, and friend and Guild accessibility. It's almost too good to be true. I think it can be better though.

First, Dwemer homes. I have been wanting one since Skyrim. I love the race themed homes, but I want to have a home that is an old Dwemer ruin/outpost. A place that I struggled to clear out, is filled with long lost Dwemer artifacts and knowledge, and needs some serious TLC. I want this to be the hardest solo quest, akin to Vet solo arenas. It would turn a lot of people off, but for those who went through the struggle, it'd be that much more special. And that's what it should be. Sort of like a new tier of homes. This shouldn't be limited to Dwemer, bring in an Ayleid themed home, Snow Elf, Daedric, etc... Essentially there should be a next level tier of home.

I like the idea of permitting friends and Guild mates into your home, creating a sort of base of operations, but I think this idea can be pushed further as well. I think Guild Halls would be an amazing addition to the housing update. There could be halls purchased by the Guild and are used for Guild meetings, dualing tournaments, preparing for battle, a meeting place to find others to quest with (rather than in chat), etc... Maybe have one or two per zone in the theme of the zone. My Guild has a shop in Deshaan, so it'd make sense that our Guild Hall would be there. What would be even better is, as I was mentioning above, have a next level tier of Guild Halls. I understand that having a huge guild sized crowed running through killing mobs would be lag city, but it might be nice for the leaders of the guild to do. It takes a lot of time and effort to run a guild, so having an exclusive "dungeon" run for them to do to benefit the guild would be a great reward for those running guilds. I'd even say there should be some exclusive loot for them.

Regardless, I'm so excited for this update.

(Sent from phone. Sorry for any spelling mistakes.)

Edit: Put this post in wrong category.
Edited by nhanschkeb16_ESO on October 7, 2016 2:20PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh my ...
    you swirl my head with wonderfull images and thoughts. but i must admit i really want underground home dwemer architecture and not expensive. i only have 10,000 gold on a typical day. not 2 MILLION like most people. i am a simple man living in pvp right now and very poor.
  • nhanschkeb16_ESO
    nhanschkeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    oh my ...
    you swirl my head with wonderfull images and thoughts. but i must admit i really want underground home dwemer architecture and not expensive. i only have 10,000 gold on a typical day. not 2 MILLION like most people. i am a simple man living in pvp right now and very poor.

I don't want to ha e to pay for a Dwemer Home at all, I want to fight for it. The key phrase I forgot to mention was that getting a Dwemer Home should be quest based, not purchased.
  • DerNachtfalter
    DerNachtfalter
    ✭✭✭
    I think its a great idea. Special homes for difficult quests reward or something like that. A cave, different ruins, a boat/ship and much more :D