Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

blueish quest giver pins

NeKryXe
NeKryXe
✭✭✭✭✭
the quest giver pins are looking weird...
is this a problem at my end (my graphic card maybe) or is anyone else seeing the quest giver pins in some intrusive blue color now?
may this this a bug from the update?
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    is this a problem at my end (my graphic card maybe) or is anyone else seeing the quest giver pins in some intrusive blue color now?

Did you read the patch notes?
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's probably a repeatable quest
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Berenhir wrote: »

not yet. why?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

not yet. why?

Because the answer is in there ;)

Blue quest markers mean they are repeatable/daily quests (like pledges or crafting writs for example)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭

not yet. why?

Daily quest pins have a different color now.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

not yet. why?

Because the answer is in there ;)

Blue quest markers mean they are repeatable/daily quests (like pledges or crafting writs for example)

oh damn. it would be better if it was a bug :D
  • Dalbhach
    Dalbhach

I would agree with this statement. Maybe the colour should be a dark grey or maybe yellow or something. The blue colour is a strange choice.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dalbhach wrote: »

I would agree with this statement. Maybe the colour should be a dark grey or maybe yellow or something. The blue colour is a strange choice.

yep. it's really a bad choice, it looks wrong... and it's kind of pointless, i'd prefer to have that blueish color alert on my quest journal, that would be very useful when you have many daily quests mixed with standards quests, but in the icons i don't really care. i'd disable it if i could.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At least it's noticeable. All this time, I never realized the Spell Scar quest was a daily.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    At least it's noticeable. All this time, I never realized the Spell Scar quest was a daily.

i understand that, but there was no need to change the icons if they just add that color to the listing text in quest journal. it would be much better, more useful and discreet. and this new intrusive icon should be optional.
    Edited by NeKryXe on October 6, 2016 8:26PM
  • Elmour0Fudd
    Elmour0Fudd
    ✭✭
    lol does stand out though when you get them lol

just wish the other types would show up in other areas,
    just going to have to wait and see what happens

and check the dev's updates they might show some improvements

but think i'm going to wait till tomorrow evening before I log back in :)
    Edited by Elmour0Fudd on October 6, 2016 8:30PM
    Try Cat herding it's fun thay said you'll love it it's a good honest job........ bollock's you need Silverweave body armour to stop em fighting, but a stuffed mouse on a string can help!

• Snarrffffff

[/PC NA mainly dead Breton magic sorcerer b]

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Alg5EQDPhr8CemxApWeDYYkydrc

oh what fun
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

i understand that, but there was no need to change the icons if they just add that color to the listing text in quest journal. it would be much better, more useful and discreet. and this new intrusive icon should be optional.

Discreet and useful are opposite things when you haven't done the quests for a town or area but are just looking for the pledge, daily, or writ board. I feel bad I burned that one guy's flag in Cyrodiil now that I know he wasn't one of the dailies I could just redo.

That said, options are always good.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That said, options are always good.

yes, that's why i said that "this new intrusive icon should be optional" --- because " options are always good" 8-)
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a bug. Topic closed.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a bug. Topic closed.

it's not a bug after all, but it's now a suggestion. maybe it would be better to move the topic instead of close it.
    Edited by NeKryXe on October 7, 2016 1:43AM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dalbhach wrote: »
    The earlier PTS iteration of a golden/brown instead of blue outline I think looked better:
    ON-icon-quest-repeatable_available.png
    Less intrusive, still recognisable.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    The earlier PTS iteration of a golden/brown instead of blue outline I think looked better:
    ON-icon-quest-repeatable_available.png
    Less intrusive, still recognisable.

much better indeed!
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was one of my addons acting up, now I'm disappointed it's not. The icons look ugly, I'd much prefer the gold/brown option above.