The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Falsely kicked for 'Chat Spamming'

Argorok87
Argorok87
I was playing on the Live-EU Server when all of a sudden the screen turns black and sends me back to the log-in menu, telling me that I had been kicked from the server for spamming the chat.

Only problem is, I had only been on 10 minutes and I hadn't used the chat once in that time.
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure it's not one of your addons causing this. In the past I forget WHAT banker addon it was that was doing this, but it was doing this. Other addons I know have the potential to do the same if the settings are too quick.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • Argorok87
    Argorok87
    Only addons I've got are the Harvest Map and the Mini Map. They're now 'out-of-date' because of Update 12 but I'll try turning them off and see what happens. Thanks.

Then again, this is the first time it's happened, and I've been playing most of today with both of them on since the release of Update 12.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "Message spamming" is not chat spamming, messages are things like telling the server "cast this ability." I most commonly get kicked for this when the game is lagging and I spam rapid maneuvers over and over.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It probably said "message spamming", which isn't spamming in chat. It's referring to an excessive number of information packets (or "messages") being sent from the client to the server. Some inefficiently-coded add-ons may cause this (for example, by continuously asking the server to move stuff in and out of the bank), and it can also happen in areas with heavy lag (as it will store up a load of ability presses and fire them to the server all at once).
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Argorok87
    Argorok87
    Ah, my bad then. I've been having some soul gem issues (which I've addressed elsewhere) telling me I can't revive even with the right soul gem. I spammed the 'E' key a while to see if anything would happen (and to vent my frustration). Thanks a bunch.