The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Best place to farm CP?

Im_So_Tanked
Im_So_Tanked
✭✭
Hello
Ive got my first character above 50 and was wondering where the best place to grind CP is at the moment I have access to all DLC and was looking at videos but alot of them were geared to people who already have alot of CP etc or in cyrodiil.
Is there anywhere that isnt in pvp that is good to grind CP? I would rather avoid doing quests if they arent as fast as gridning ( which last time I played was the case ).

Thanks!
  • ComboBreaker88
    ComboBreaker88
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's the thing about that. You can literally Google most of the decent spots...

As far as the very best grinding spots, they're kept pretty quite. So they don't get flooded with people or nerfed into the ground. So no one is going to post their secret grind spots. It's nothing against you. They just simply don't want them ruined.

So your best bet is Google.
  • imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to hit up the mammoths and giants just north of Orsinium.
    PS4: NA - AD PSN: imnotanother (Artell Lyeselle)
    Stamina NightBlade 810+ CP - PvP/Trials/Dungeon Ready
  • drumbendrum_ESO
    drumbendrum_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Do your undaunted quests but do not turn them in, until you complete them all. Make sure you have your wrothgar delve daily completed and boss, also make sure you have not turned in.

Pop experience boost (potion scroll) then turn in all your quests, after you can run too old orsinium and grind, or do more grinding in cyrodiil delves.

If you want to complete all boss daily said in wrothgar with scroll that is good as well. VMA or MA is great experience.

Try to be efficient with your experience boosts as you don't want to pop them and go afk.

Writing all this with my phone so hard to be detailed but hope that helps.

• DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zombie grind in the desert. Currently without enlightenment the mob at the top is worth 5 and takes a dawnbreaker and 1 steel tornado to take out the whole zerg. Respawn in 30s too. That's very good going. Used it to level my trap beast up this morning after having the wrong bar on and wasted my 400k xp on not having a single ability I needed slotted.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slayer achievements in veteran dungeons award substantial progress towards CP. There are two slayer achievements per veteran dungeon.

Random dungeons via grouping tool award a sizable amount of experience for the first complete each day.

If you are practiced at vMA, it awards considerable CP progression. But this is not efficient if you aren't practiced enough to clear it with minimal deaths and in roughly 30min-1hr.

Farming IC sewers with 1-3 friends is quite efficient.

Cadwell's Gold/Silver is good experience for first-time completion of quests, delves, world bosses, public delves, and dolmen.

There are a number of good grind spots as well, such as Old Orsininium
    Edited by Autolycus on July 29, 2016 6:50PM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's ur first character you really need to complete at least the silver and gold Cadwell log for skill points.
    That'll get you a ton of CP's cause it's quest chunks.

Do a daily activity finder dungeon each day

Grinding isn't going to accelerate you because you'll never have the rested bonus whereas questing, you'll sometimes gain it.
    Don't rush the progression as you'll miss the fun
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Im_So_Tanked
    Im_So_Tanked
    ✭✭
    -

I already have 2mill exp worth of rested exp bonus lol.
    I cant be bothered questing through silver and gold its the reason I quit near release, other than the thieves guild and dark brotherhood i dont intend on doing any questing and ive got most passives and all skills i currently used morphed and active for both weapons with 50 skill points left over lol.

-
    -
    -
    Autolycus wrote: »
    -

Thanks for the info!
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't obsess over the CP grind, just play the game and let the CP roll in naturally. For some quick and fairly entertaining XP grabs, do a random dungeon, hit a few of the bigger world bosses in the DLCs, and consider running the dailies in Cyrodiil in the easiest area you can get to in your faction. Bruma, Cropsford, and Cheydinhal can be run fairly quickly if your faction controls the area.

Edited by Giraffon on July 29, 2016 8:11PM
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    imperial sewers/vmsa/dsa are good places imo.

out of 772cp I think about half of them came from grinding sewers
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -

I cant be bothered questing through silver and gold its the reason I quit near release, other than the thieves guild and dark brotherhood i dont intend on doing any questing and ive got most passives and all skills i currently used morphed and active for both weapons with 50 skill points left over lol.

-
    -
    -
    -

Thanks for the info!

Then you don't understand how the game works.
    Rushing exp does nothing as this is literally a game of skill. You need many skill points to be efficient and have options to switch, mix and match without bother of paying for respec
  • Seberii
    Seberii
    ✭✭
    Response from ZOS
    kill_mudcrabs.jpg
    Edited by Seberii on July 30, 2016 12:47AM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    -

-
    -
    -
    -

Thanks for the info!

Rushing exp does nothing as this is literally a game of skill. You need many skill points to be efficient and have options to switch, mix and match without bother of paying for respec

You can easilly get skill points without questing. So many available. Getting cp for pvp or end game pve is more important, unless you specifically like questing.

Until you get 140cp:
    DC - Varant Morass in Greenshade
    AD - Whitesdtar in eastmarch
    EP - Tava's blessing in alik'r desert / lionguard redoubt in glenumbra

When you get 140 cp:
    DC - whitesdtar in eastmarch
    AD - Tava's blessing in alik'r desert / lionguard redoubt in glenumbra
    EP - varant Morass in Greenshade

Just kill loads of zombies
  • Im_So_Tanked
    Im_So_Tanked
    ✭✭
    -

-
    -
    -
    -

Thanks for the info!

I dont understand how the game works because I dont want to quest and already have enough skill points to do the build I want? Learn to read before replying you child.
    -

Thanks for the information!

Brrrofski wrote: »
    -

Thanks ill check them out tomorrow!
    Edited by Im_So_Tanked on July 30, 2016 1:03AM
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    also random group dungeons (if the took is working for you, sucked yesterday but works great today). I often get 400k+ exp from randoms. Dunno why because today I ran normal banished cells and got 408k exp. random vet dungeons can do it too, plus the achievements can dish out a ton of cp.

all the whike you get monster sets/agil/willpower pieces (rare) and you could make a few friends along the way.

random dungeons can reward some intense cp.
  • Im_So_Tanked
    Im_So_Tanked
    ✭✭
    also random group dungeons (if the took is working for you, sucked yesterday but works great today). I often get 400k+ exp from randoms. Dunno why because today I ran normal banished cells and got 408k exp. random vet dungeons can do it too, plus the achievements can dish out a ton of cp.

all the whike you get monster sets/agil/willpower pieces (rare) and you could make a few friends along the way.

Yeah Ive ran a few dungeons today, not sure what the rate of exp goes by as I've usually no idea how high level the dungeon im running is lol. I got 450k exp from a boss earlier, managed to farm in ors dlc area and do random dungeons so far to get to 45 CP from 10 in a few hours so not bad at all.

No clue how the englighten system works though, been farming and used all mine then random got another 400ks worth. All the info I found online was from when CP were like 400k each or something.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -

-
    -
    -
    -

Thanks for the info!

You can easilly get skill points without questing. So many available. Getting cp for pvp or end game pve is more important, unless you specifically like questing.

Until you get 140cp:

When you get 140 cp:

@Brrrofski
    Are you aware of how many skill points are granted from quests and shards alone?
    Considering the large exp chunks quests give now especially in the gold zones as well as the gear drops that will allow you to break down items for mats you'll want for crafting.....

Just sharing what I think is most efficient from playing strait thru, grinding up and casually skipping and only doing skill quest chains and shards.
  • Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Find a friend, preferably one with a tank. Select a time that is relatively quiet in the sewers and grind away. I used this method to gain 900 plus cp's.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    -

-
    -
    -
    -

Thanks for the info!

Until you get 140cp:

When you get 140 cp:

@Brrrofski
    Are you aware of how many skill points are granted from quests and shards alone?
    Considering the large exp chunks quests give now especially in the gold zones as well as the gear drops that will allow you to break down items for mats you'll want for crafting.....

Just sharing what I think is most efficient from playing strait thru, grinding up and casually skipping and only doing skill quest chains and shards.

Sky shard you can get whenever.

Unless you craft, you need like 150 skill points max.

The chunk of xp is nowhere near worth the 10 minutes of talking.

Quest if you want to. But grinding is 100% the easiest way to level up, if that's what yo ucan go do.

I had 8 toons to v16 before VR removal. Grinding then going back to get skyshards is way quicker than questing.
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rkindaleft?
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
    I cant be bothered questing through silver and gold its the reason I quit near release, other than the thieves guild and dark brotherhood i dont intend on doing any questing

Then what's your point in playing this game in the first place? Other then smashing your head against the wall that is Cyrodiil PvP.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Im_So_Tanked
    Im_So_Tanked
    ✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    -
    I cant be bothered questing through silver and gold its the reason I quit near release, other than the thieves guild and dark brotherhood i dont intend on doing any questing

Then what's your point in playing this game in the first place? Other then smashing your head against the wall that is Cyrodiil PvP.

Thanks for taking the time to give me your unrivalled insight. Cute way to boost your post count I guess though.
    Edited by Im_So_Tanked on July 31, 2016 8:18AM
  • Atticus
    Atticus
    Soul Shriven

Well you get 100 for the first completed each day, and x4 for being enlightened! Great way to get a huge daily chunk.

This is what I have found to be a great way and not get too monotonous:

1. Do the main story quests only; its call "effecient leveing". They are fairly quick, though do have some talking, and give huge xp gains for cp. Just run through silver and gold that way and you will get pretty far. IMHO they are the only quest worth doing just for xp.
    2. Do the daily random and undaunteds (now that you get the same xp from all just do normal runs with 1tank 3 dps for really quick runs).
    3. Then it is back to the grind ;]. Grinds are everywhere in eso it just a matter of which one is quiet on a given day. Have several saved up and do them with a freind for faster leveling. try to keep the group just 2 or 3 though or you are going to begin seeing much smaller returns.

Just how I have found to do it (trying to get to cap for PVP) that doesnt make me absolutley bored out of my mind. Just grind with the daily random (again normal x3 dps for speed) is still the FASTEST if you have a buddy.

I hope this helps someone!
    Edited by Atticus on October 7, 2016 3:06PM