Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Discover Real Adventure in our One Tamriel Trip of a Lifetime!"

• Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do we put in this field?

"ESO Account Email*"

Is that the external email address one used to create the ESO account (e.g a yahoo email address)

OR

is it the ESO @accountname one uses to send emails internally in the game to other players?
    Edited by Thrasher91604 on October 6, 2016 6:35PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do we put in this field?

"ESO Account Email*"

Is that the external email address one used to create the ESO account (e.g a yahoo email address)

OR

is it the ESO @accountname one uses to send emails internally in the game to other players?

It is the email address associated with the game account. You can see a hint of what it is by logging into the ESO account page. https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/login
    Edited by Elsonso on October 6, 2016 6:37PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Jounin13
    Jounin13
    ✭✭✭
    WHAT THE HELL!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I think the people living in Florida should have an option to enter this contest. If its an issue with laws or something tell us straight out. 70% of my random 50 gaming friends I've met playing and talk to regularity on Teamspeak live in Florida.
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just used my outside email address. I hope that's the right choice.
  • Enigmatic
    Enigmatic
    ✭✭✭
    I'm certain that in an ESO Live at the time of the million reasons competition ZOS committed to undertaking competitions that would be open to other parts of the world e.g. Australia.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom - what is happening to that commitment?
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Official discussion thread...

Let's discuss how using the money players put into the crown store or pay monthly gets spent on 5 people having awesome holidays instead of... game development.

I love that they are doing something for the community, but use the money (that million dollars was ridiculous!) to get another member of staff so we players all benefit.

If the ZOS team can afford three giveaways in a year then they are making more money than they need to be, which is good, but I would rather that money was put straight back into the game or making items in the crown store cheaper.

To be clear, it is players paying for someones holiday which I object to, the opportunity to win crowns is unobjectionable because it is genuinely relevant and will encourage players to do more in the game (even if it is just wearing a new costume).

Sorry for the negativity, but I strongly support ZOS being a great game developer and not region specific lottery.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enigmatic wrote: »
    I'm certain that in an ESO Live at the time of the million reasons competition ZOS committed to undertaking competitions that would be open to other parts of the world e.g. Australia.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom - what is happening to that commitment?

I doubt they committed to anything. ZOS is not the one running the promotion. ZOS would not be able to commit to anything. At best, ZOS could "look into it", which really means "mention it to Bethesda". Bethesda Softworks is running the thing.

EDIT: Besides, just the concepts of "ZOS" and "commit to something" being in the same conceptual space is quite a heady thing. They don't typically go together.
    Edited by Elsonso on October 7, 2016 12:56PM
  • JR_Returns
    JR_Returns
    ✭✭✭
    New Zealand is a great place and well worth a visit but if you live in Europe and win this trip be ready for the jet lag it's a real killer.

Also what have ZOS got against the Canadians, did someone there take offense after watching "Due South"?
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't travel to Vvardenfell still :(
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »

Let's discuss how using the money players put into the crown store or pay monthly gets spent on 5 people having awesome holidays instead of... game development.

I love that they are doing something for the community, but use the money (that million dollars was ridiculous!) to get another member of staff so we players all benefit.

If the ZOS team can afford three giveaways in a year then they are making more money than they need to be, which is good, but I would rather that money was put straight back into the game or making items in the crown store cheaper.

To be clear, it is players paying for someones holiday which I object to, the opportunity to win crowns is unobjectionable because it is genuinely relevant and will encourage players to do more in the game (even if it is just wearing a new costume).

Sorry for the negativity, but I strongly support ZOS being a great game developer and not region specific lottery.

bingo!!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »

Let's be really really clear here. This vacation sweepstakes is not ZOS. This is Bethesda Softworks. It says so right at the top of the sweepstakes rules.

"#ESO #OneTamriel “Trip of a Lifetime” Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Bethesda Softworks LLC (the “Sponsor”) and administered by Midnight Oil Agency, Inc. (the “Administrator”)."

Bethesda Softworks is using their marketing budget to do the sweepstakes. Who knows whether this marketing budget comes from ESO revenue or whether it is just a bucket of money that comes from all the games that they publish. They can choose to spend that budget how they want, and I would guess that Bethesda has more than enough coming in from everything they publish to do an annual ESO sweepstakes.

We don't know the financial arrangement behind ESO and ZOS. ZOS might be allowed the freedom of collecting the revenue from Bethesda, after they have removed the publishing fees, or ZOS might simply get paid a certain amount by Bethesda or ZeniMax Media to develop the game. In any case, I think that this is all that ZOS does: Develop, maintain, and operate the game, within the confines of a specific budget.
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smaxx wrote: »
    What's the deal with Canada though?
    If entrant is a resident of Canada: correctly answer without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered at a mutually convenient time in person or by telephone.

As far as I remember it's considered gambling in Canada, if it's pure luck based, so they have to make it actually skill based, even if it's pointless.

Yeah but crown crates are also considered gambling yet every country will have access to those :)
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my country sweepstakes aren't regulated only lotteries are where you need to purchase ticket. Only sweepstakes that I can't enter are region specific and ZOS...
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    New York State=Not Elegible? That is BS, ZOS!! I have entered a million different contests, and for some reason, only YOURS are not OK in NY. Are you just not bothering to check local or State laws and/or register correctly?

At least give us a consolation prize. This is nonsense.
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • mistermacintosh
    mistermacintosh
    ✭✭✭
    I can't enter. Booo!
    Legalize Nirnroot!

Mac User, NA Server (CP810+, PVE focused):
    Magicka Templar Ra the Everlasting (Level 50 - Main Character)
    Stamina Sorcerer Khazaka-ri (Level 50 - Crafter)
    Dragonknight Tank Skalda Flamewreath (Level 50)
    Pet Sorcerer Hellias Ocume (Level 50)
    Magicka Necromancer Socelon (Level 4)

Templar Healer Mends-Through-Panic (Level 50)
    Stamina Nightblade Adanna-daro (Level 50)
    Stamina Warden Marely Sprigs (Level 50)
    Stamina Dragonknight Ursula Trollcalmer (Level 50)
    Stamina Necromancer Daengeval (Level 4)

Stamina Templar Cornellus Graves (Level 50)
    Warden Healer Pays-For-Luxury (Level 50)
    Magicka Sorcerer Sophia Flash (Level 50)
    Magicka Dragonknight Cinvalo Aloavel (Level 50)
    Magicka Nightblade Esmerelda the Cruel (Level 50)
  • Rhyagell
    Rhyagell
    ✭✭✭
    I'm definitely entering! It would be wicked to go to the Swiss Alps...or any of them, really. I've never even left my state. :*
  • Thuring
    Thuring
    ✭✭
    I find it quite cheap to make these prizes area restricted.
    I don´t live in USA or a major country, but the plane ticket can't be THAT much expensive as to explain the limitations.
    Also when you were giving away TESO themed Xboxes and PS4s, was the delivery that much of a hassle?
    It comes out as cheap and non-caring.
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Did this get cancelled? Or are the lucky winners on their trips already? :)
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Norakai
    Norakai
    ✭✭✭
    Glaiceana wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Did this get cancelled? Or are the lucky winners on their trips already? :)

yep ?
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will winners ever be announced?