Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

1T? Does nirncrux drop from rubedite?

Ourorboros
Ourorboros
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
With 1T, I only see CP150 mats in Craglorn. Has anyone gotten nirncrux drops from any of these mats? What's the point of doubling nirn drop rates if I have to respec my characters to be able to harvest void mats
PC/NA/DC
Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The type of Node matters not as far dropping the Crux. For example, most of my characters have no points in the Material Passives so they see Maple and Jute up there.

The only difference would be what other material you get along with the Nirncrux.

Which begs the question, who uses Nirn anymore other than for learning the 9th Trait?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    The type of Node matters not as far dropping the Crux. For example, most of my characters have no points in the Material Passives so they see Maple and Jute up there.

The only difference would be what other material you get along with the Nirncrux.

Which begs the question, who uses Nirn anymore other than for learning the 9th Trait?

Have you actually collected nirn from non-void nodes? Has anyone? I understand the theory of what zos did with crafting mats, but that doesn't mean there isn't a bug in the execution, until someone confirms all is working.

Agreed, nirn trait is now useless, but last I checked, nirn still sells well, which is what I do with it.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed Nestor,its odd the rarest of all is actually not that strong, and the want for it is really just to make a couple of the nine trait sets or the completionish-ness of just wanting 9 traits.

Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • summitxho
    summitxho
    ✭✭✭

I was actually wondering about this last night, I have CP25 and have been farming craglorn for nirn to get my 9 traits done before one tamriel hits. I was worried once one tamriel hits and scaling to go with it that I would loose access to the nirncrux as I will not be getting the nightwood and such, so from my understanding even though craglorn will be dropping birch, calcinium and kreshweed for me, I will still have the same chance to get nirncrux? As a side note it must be a rare dropped, farmed over 400 nodes with nothing so far!
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    summitxho wrote: »

As a side note it must be a rare dropped, farmed over 400 nodes with nothing so far!

So much for doubling nirn drop rate, eh?

PC/NA/DC
  • summitxho
    summitxho
    ✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »

As a side note it must be a rare dropped, farmed over 400 nodes with nothing so far!

You're telling me! Every time I see a node I get all hopeful, I think ESO has tapped into that gambling addiction, just one more node and that will be the one...
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You're telling me! Every time I see a node I get all hopeful, I think ESO has tapped into that gambling addiction, just one more node and that will be the one...

Were they supposed to have doubled the overall drop rate?

I know I have gotten two nirncrux from one harvest due to the CP passive!
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Were they supposed to have doubled the overall drop rate?

I know I have gotten two nirncrux from one harvest due to the CP passive!

Yes they doubled the nirncrux drop rate. It's in the patch notes. It's always nice when that CP passive kicks in on high value items :) .
    PC/NA/DC
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As I have to wait another two weeks to get the update I am curious how you people go with finding nirncrux. If you can keep us posted I would appreciate it as I have always done Craglorn writs for the survey maps and the nirncrux drops.

Be very disappointed if you only get it when harvesting specific material.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have collected nirncrux from rubedite ore node.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    I have collected nirncrux from rubedite ore node.

Thanks for the confirmation. Now I have to decide if I want to collect Ruby Ash in Craglorn.......I have so much I've ignored it for months :p .
    PC/NA/DC
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can also confirm both getting Nirn off CR150-160 nods and the increase the nirn drop rate. Was questing in Crag all of last night, came out with 1 Fort Nirn and 3 Potent Nirn
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50