Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game not Logging into Appropriate Server (NA/EU) After First Start-Up - Can't Play

theivorykitty
theivorykitty
✭✭✭
I play on the EU server. I have two level one characters on the NA server that I never used.

I logged into the game the first time after the patch and select 'EU' everywhere and got into the EU server with my characters without issue (hurray!).

Ran around, changed some graphics settings, added back in my deleted Add-Ons.

Exited the game. Reopened the launcher and pressed 'Play' again. It needed an authorization code this time - waited for the email and put in the code - logged in successfully.

The characters I now see are on the NA server. The left side of the screen still says I'm on the EU server. The announcements on the bottom of the login screen say 'North American PC/Mac megaserver' in red, but again, I have the LIVE-EU server selected on the left.

I've tried restarting the launcher and game a few times and continue to get into the NA server. Weird times.
  • theivorykitty
    theivorykitty
    ✭✭✭
    EDIT: Found Workaround

A workaround for this issue seems to be to go back to the login screen of the game, select the opposite server (so, I chose LIVE), log in to the character screen with your credentials, press 'back' to go back to the login screen, and change the server back to your server (LIVE-EU). Log in and your characters are back.

At least there's a workaround.
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭
    EDIT: Found Workaround

A workaround for this issue seems to be to go back to the login screen of the game, select the opposite server (so, I chose LIVE), log in to the character screen with your credentials, press 'back' to go back to the login screen, and change the server back to your server (LIVE-EU). Log in and your characters are back.

At least there's a workaround.

@theivorykitty You are a life saver. Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!

I have just done what you suggested and it worked. I did not feel confident enough to attempt any of the other suggestions I read on the Forums. You have de-stressed one Gamer and prevented a heart attack!

Love you for it <3
    PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA