Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Buy or create scaled-down gear to make ESO challenging

ChaosWotan
ChaosWotan
✭✭✭✭✭
Guess that many with a lot of CP are doing this already in PvE quest lines, but mention it anyway:

After a year pause from ESO I returned only to discover that normal NPCs are insta-killed by my 420 cp Nightblade in the Thief and Brotherhood DLCs, so decided to create my own scaled-down armor and weapons, and not use food buffs. A bit interesting to experiment with bought or rewarded weapons too, stuff I formerly discarded because I always wanted the best gear.

Also try out weak spells and abilities, not your most powerful ones.

Guild Wars automatically scale down characters when they enter lower zones, so why not do it yourself in ESO, to make it more challenging.

But be prepared to get a bad reputation for being a horrible player when your 500 cp toon has problems killing targets on a much lower level :)
  • ChaosWotan
    ChaosWotan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing without any skillpoints, and 1-20 levels gear, makes Nightblade sneaking interesting again.
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's a good idea I have been doing that same thing but not for the same reason. I always make a new craft set out of lower level mats to try it out and see if I like it. Cp 160 takes way too many mats to make something that doesn't work for me
  • ChaosWotan
    ChaosWotan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By disabling all attribute points, only using a costume, no armor at all, and level 1 weapons without enchants, my 420 cp NB Colonel uses 3 heavy attacks (Strife unmorphed) to kill an average level 10 spider, and 8 light attacks with bow. Had great fun with another level 17 player at a lv 17 anchor. We seemed to have the same weap damage. Tried without any weapons, but my fists do more damage than a lv 1 bow.

The point of all this? It makes it entertaining again for high-level characters to get all the explorer achievements if they have earlier quick levelled the game to play PvP.

It's survivor mode, sort of. Which can be used until ESO gets a proper scaling system.