Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Solution for 40gb download (EU)

Czirne
Czirne
✭✭✭✭
With removal of EU and NA clients there is problem for EU players. Game instead of patching creates new folder and tries to download game once more.
I checked my folders, and there was new folder "Elder scrolls online " currently downloading.
I stopped launcher, deleted that folder, and renamed old folder to "elder scrolls online" from "Elder scrolls online EU".
Launcher now starts to download 2gb patch instead of 40gb, I hope this helps you who are experiencing same problem.

EDIT: seems like in some cases its folder "elder scrolls online EU" whitch is created and needs to be deleted. Just check sizes of folders - that one whitch is currently downloading is smaller and needs to go.
Therefore delete "elder scrolls online EU", and rename "elder scrolls online" to "elder scrolls online EU". Be sure to check both files and delete the incomplete one
I believe in lagless Cyrodiil!
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yup, this works... would have been nice if Zenimax had actually tested this...
  • Kryptonite_Kent
    Kryptonite_Kent
    ✭✭✭✭
    This has nothing to do with EU or NA actually... I am NA and it was showing 40GB download, however it doesn't ACTUALLY download that much. I think it was either a numerical error on the launcher data, or the launcher was checking the entire games file system, which would be 40GB+ to apply any and all necessary updates.
    Former Emperor
    Animus Impetum -DC- Magplar
    Animus Impetus -AD- Magplar
    Impetus Animus -EP- Magplar
    Kryptonite Kent -AD- Stamblade
    Kenobi Wan -AD- Magsorc
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Czirne wrote: »
    With removal of EU and NA clients there is problem for EU players. Game instead of patching creates new folder and tries to download game once more.
    I checked my folders, and there was new folder "Elder scrolls online " currently downloading.
    I stopped launcher, deleted that folder, and renamed old folder to "elder scrolls online" from "Elder scrolls online EU".
    Launcher now starts to download 2gb patch instead of 40gb, I hope this helps you who are experiencing same problem.

This is correct, although note that you would have had to logged into the game within the past 3 weeks for this to work properly.

Thanks, @czirne! Was just chatting with the team about this as you posted . :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oops. I uninstalled the game because of that bloody 49gb download thing. Reinstalling now. Will see you all in game in about 6 hours lol.
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Umm. Did what you said. Then when I went back to the launcher it created an 'The Elder Scrolls Online EU' folder for it's new destination, so I stopped it, went to recycle bin and the one I had deleted before wasn't in there. And the new one it wrote seemed to overwrite completely the previous one. So now I actually have to reinstall the whole game...

F***
    Edited by Mashille on October 5, 2016 4:08PM
    House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • Kryptonite_Kent
    Kryptonite_Kent
    ✭✭✭✭

This is correct, although note that you would have had to logged into the game within the past 3 weeks for this to work properly.

So if that's correct as you're saying why did my launcher say it was downloading 37,000 MB+ but I am NOT eu server, I am na lol? @ZOS_GinaBruno ?
    Former Emperor
    Kenobi Wan -AD- Magsorc
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is funny becuase you could have told people this during those three weeks....
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

odd i didnt get prompt for an update besides the 2gb O.o
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    (Sigh) I'm super angry now.
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm EU didn't do anything, its just started the lancher and it downloaded the 2gb then another 50mb then another 80mb.

It didn't download another client don't know how
  • Namiel
    Namiel
    ✭✭
    Czirne was talking about TWO folders. Never said "delete your ESO folder" or something. Delete the new, rename the old.

And you know when you try something anew on your pc, you can just drag and drop folders/files on your desktop instead of get rid of them, just to be sure to not mess with everything.

In any case, good luck.
    "Be like water, my friend"
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mashille wrote: »
    (Sigh) I'm super angry now.

I feel your pain. :'(
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    are servers online now?
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Kryptonite_Kent
    Kryptonite_Kent
    ✭✭✭✭
    This may be the issue... I had the OLD launcher open when the download started, as many people likely did as that's common to do while waiting... so I think it was a glitch that SAID it was downloading the entire game (40GB+) but it really wasn't, and those who updated the launcher first and THEN patched the game saw no such glitch.
    Former Emperor
    Kenobi Wan -AD- Magsorc
  • DivinityDay
    DivinityDay
    ✭✭✭
    are servers online now?

are we there yet?
    @AmariaNaria's chars:
    NA - PC
    Divinity Day Sorc DPS - AD
    Amaria Day DK TANK - AD WW
    Talia Shade NB BOW/DW - AD WW
    Amaria Naria NB 2H/DW - AD WW
    Kali Day Magplar - AD VAMP
    Dekaria Bombblade AD

•  Czirne
    Czirne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Umm. Did what you said. Then when I went back to the launcher it created an 'The Elder Scrolls Online EU' folder for it's new destination, so I stopped it, went to recycle bin and the one I had deleted before wasn't in there. And the new one it wrote seemed to overwrite completely the previous one. So now I actually have to reinstall the whole game...

F***

thats strange... did you removed that folder "elder scrolls online" and renamed the other one?
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm EU didn't do anything, its just started the lancher and it downloaded the 2gb then another 50mb then another 80mb.

It didn't download another client don't know how

exactly what happened to me. odd.

was your file still the exact same since beta?
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Baranthus

At least you didn't mess up your folders and have it overwrite your original game folder meaning you actually have to reinstall the entire 40Gb game XD.

Every+time+i+think+about+the+library+of+alexandria+i+_0aff196cba2c3f38c6a2aa55f25081a7.jpg
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What 40gb download?
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Czirne

Definitely removed the right one because I checked inside the folder first. Not sure what went wrong. Oh well, at least it's not that bad as servers aren't up yet.
  •  Czirne
    Czirne
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Czirne

Definitely removed the right one because I checked inside the folder first. Not sure what went wrong. Oh well, at least it's not that bad as servers aren't up yet.

I edited my post to prevent this mistake to happen ever again. I just called my fried and he has "Elder scrolls online" main folder and "Elder scrolls online EU" downloading, same as you. You need to check folder size and delte right one... i feel sorry for you man, i should have checked all variables before posting solution.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno are both folders (na and eu) required now, for this change if you are an NA player? Not at home so I don't have the opportunity to investigate.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Workerdroid7
    Workerdroid7
    ✭✭✭
    @Baranthus

At least you didn't mess up your folders and have it overwrite your original game folder meaning you actually have to reinstall the entire 40Gb game XD.

Every+time+i+think+about+the+library+of+alexandria+i+_0aff196cba2c3f38c6a2aa55f25081a7.jpg

I think I have just done this........ really ZeniMax, you couldn't have dealt with this issue in a non-cluster**** way?

Edit: while I am thinking about this...... does this mean I've lost all my toons/achievments/gold etc? Or did ZoS actually make PROPER backups of data before implementing this new patch?
    Edited by Workerdroid7 on October 5, 2016 4:40PM
  •  Czirne
    Czirne
    ✭✭✭✭

I think I have just done this........ really ZeniMax, you couldn't have dealt with this issue in a non-cluster**** way?

Edit: while I am thinking about this...... does this mean I've lost all my toons/achievments/gold etc? Or did ZoS actually make PROPER backups of data before implementing this new patch?

oh, thats bad :/ You really have to check folders and delete right one, and rename other one. When done correctly, you go from "hell, that will take long!"
    https://postimg.org/image/63280zzjx/

to "easy, fast patch"
    https://postimg.org/image/fassrxmyt/

• Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so mine prompted me to choose NA or EU,
    I selected EU and it changed to NA and started that download..

WTF
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

•  Czirne
    Czirne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Johngo0036 wrote: »

WTF

you now choose server when you launch game. See my previos post - i had EU downloading whole game, and it switched to NA and downloaded patch only. It says NA in launcher, but i play on EU, no problem there.
  • Workerdroid7
    Workerdroid7
    ✭✭✭
    oh, thats bad :/ You really have to check folders and delete right one, and rename other one. When done correctly, you go from "hell, that will take long!"
    https://postimg.org/image/63280zzjx/

to "easy, fast patch"
    https://postimg.org/image/fassrxmyt/

Funny thing is... I followed your "instructions" to the letter. Deleted the "Elder scrolls online" folder, renamed the "Elder Scrolls Online EU" folder. Still, it wants 40 GB of download. I cannot actually put into words how mindblown I am at how.... well..... this patch has been handled by Zenimax.

Edited by Workerdroid7 on October 5, 2016 4:57PM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

WTF

Make sure you have read the patch notes about the false indication of the NA server. Basically, both regions now use the same client and you select the region when you log in but the launcher shows the client as NA even if you have selected EU. It's a display bug and will be fixed.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Baranthus

You wont lose anything. Your character data resides on the server, not your machine.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭

WTF

Are you sure it didn't ask which regions settings, screenshots and addons you wanted kept?

If you clicked EU (if you are EU) you should find your documents folder has a (now empty) liveEU, a Live_Archive and a Live folder. The Live folder should contain all your old LiveEU stuff (including your addons).
    Edited by Zorgon_The_Revenged on October 5, 2016 5:08PM