Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A Chronicle of One Tamriel

DaniAngione
DaniAngione
✭✭✭✭✭
This is a little something I came up with while waiting for the servers to go down before this day that will change our beloved game forever.
It might not be the most accurate or refined piece of "lore" ever, but I just had the idea and wanted to put it into words :)
I'm obviously not saying this is how it happened nor that it is faithful to the lore of the world. I just like to imagine that this might be true. So... I hope you all enjoy reading it as I enjoyed writing!

PS.: Forgive me for any mistakes, I'm not a native english speaker. ^^

2E 584

Almost four years after the War of the Three Banners had begun, the stalemate in Cyrodiil remained. Countless efforts to push from the sea inside any of the alliances’ territories proved themselves a failure and week after week the several keeps and cities in central Cyrodiil were reclaimed over and over by different colors.

The stench of death and fire covered the air, the situation was unbearable. Something had to be done and not even Queen Ayrenn’s determination, Skald-king Jorunn’s bravery and High-king Emeric’s prowess could stand against that. The people fighting across Tamriel needed a respite.

Somewhere around Stros M’kai
Hearthfire, 19

Few weeks before the Witches Festival

As the strong redguard woman firmly steps out of the room, her hand holding the pommel on her blade, a khajiit doning black and gold leather armor grins, leaning back against a wall.

“Raz would say this went better than expected. It is a good thing.”

Sitting on finely woven Alik’ri pillows, a dunmer leans forward a bit, revealing her pointy face on a shaft of dim light entering through the curtains. She wears dark leather armor and holds a couple of daggers.

“Better than expected? “We’ll consider”, she said. She doesn’t even know when she’ll meet her king!”

“You must trust Raz on this, sweet Naryu.” the cat says, joyfully turning his tail. “Captain Kaleen is a trustworthy pirate. Or privateer. Raz is not sure.”

“Trustworthy… Pirate? Do you even listen to yourself? Ugh!” the dunmer drops backwards on the pillows.

Wayrest Castle, Throne Room
Hearthfire, 24

High-King Emeric raises his hand and signals all guards to leave the room. He removes his crown from his head, mumbling something about its size, as he slowly steps down from the throne; his fingers rubbing the crown jewel as he ponders.

“An Eye of the Queen and… a Morag Tone, you say? Some sort of spy from the Pact?” he looks down upon the redguard captain, Kaleen.

“Tong.” she whispers. “Yes, the meeting was arranged in secret, called by Ayrenn, my king.”

“I understand.” he looks through the castle windows by his side. “I’ve recently heard that we lost yet another batallion of soldiers southeast of Bruma this week. Fresh from the recruiting camps, barely any fight in them.”

“That’s unfortunate, my liege. But…” she looks back to him. “I’m sure we can push forward and reclaim your rightful throne-” before she can finish, the High-king interrupts her.

“My rightful throne. I do like the sound of that; but I do not like the sound of fellow bretons and of our allies dying mercilessly in battle for four years.”

Windhelm Keep, Council Room
Hearthfire, 26

“So this is it, then?” replied the Skald-King, looking down from the balcony as several workers rush to finish the keep rebuilding before the winter. “No more news from that cat you befriended?”

“No, nothing else.” Naryu steps forward, next to the king. “His queen was clear and it seems the daggers are prone to accept their offer, too. If it is confirmed, we shall be sending word to Valenwood as soon as possible.”

“This is an important step if we are the ever win this war…” he looks down, touching his beard. “We really need the respite and to focus on the war where it really matters.”

“Indeed.” she agrees.

“This was meant to happen, sooner or later. Were it the Arrow's decision, it would’ve happened back when the guilds invaded Coldharbour.”

Naryu smiles with the mention of her friend. It has been a while.

“Go, send word.” Jorunn waves his hand forward.

Elden Root, Top Level
Hearthfire, 29

“Come in, Raz.” says Queen Ayrenn, standing next to one of the tables. The throne room is completely empty if not by herself and the khajiit that walks in her direction, carrying a couple of opened letters. The few remaining guards leave the room as he passes by.

“Raz’s beloved enemies have sent news!” the khajiit smiles ironically.

“Tell me about it.” the queen replies in a friendly manner.

“Kaleen is a fierce warrior both in the sea and on land, although this one doesn’t know her very well... yet. As for Naryu, well, Raz must say that for a dark elf she’s--”

“Raz! The news.” the queen sighs, pulling the letters from his paws.

“Ah, forgive this humble khajiit. Straight to the point, then: both alliances have accepted your offer.”

“This is… excellent.” she holds the letters, eyeing their envelopes. “This is a good start, my friend.”

“This one feels compelled to agree.” They smile to each other. “Raz will arrange the signing immediately.”

Frostfall, 5
A few days before the Witches’ Festival

“Fellow citizens of Wayrest, of the High Rock territories and from across the whole Daggerfall Covenant… I’ve come before you as riders swipe across the land bearing news about the war.”
High-king Emeric stands tall on the balcony of Wayrest Castle, a large crowd gathered in front of him. “Good news, for a change.” he whispers to himself.

“A meeting was held last week…” Ayrenn continued to the multitude of altmer, bosmer and khajiit in front of her while she speaks from the steps of Vulkhel’s Guard Temple. “And an agreement was signed. One not meant to cease our efforts of securing our rightful, sacred rule - but to mitigate the severe losses and the damage we’ve all been facing for the past few years!”

“It is very simple indeed.” Skald-king Jorunn addresses the people before him, standing on the balcony of his newly reformed keep in Windhelm. “Beginning this month, on the day of the Witches Festival, an official truce will take place in all the secured, uncontested territories of the three alliances.”

“Transit will be once again opened - with restrictions, of course - to caravans, travelers and citizens willing to cross the borders outside of Cyrodiil. We’ll see the coins flowing through the markets again!” Emeric continues, the people of Wayrest starting to cheer.

“The war shall be restricted to the territory of Cyrodiil, where we’ll continue our righteous fight, now knowing that our families and our homes are free and safe from the fires of war!” Ayrenn raises her fist as her followers shout her name.

“We shall give Tamriel back to its people. Let the war rage where it belongs to, let those that are not part of it once again belong to one peaceful and prosperous land.” as Jorunn finishes his speech, the people explode in rejoice and celebration.

New life is breathed into the markets that are now expecting travelers and caravans from across Tamriel after many years. The cities and villages once again burst with activity with less military patrols as more citizens and tourists are slowly allowed inside foreign lands after years of closed borders.

In Cyrodiil, the war rages on, unrelenting and unforgiving as always...
But outside of it... The old world - the world before the fall of the Empire and the war - seems to shine a bit, like a ray of light breaking through the storm clouds.

Welcome to One Tamriel

:)
Edited by DaniAngione on October 5, 2016 6:35AM
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done! <3
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The devs should use this somehow, main reason is because one it would be an epic lore plot involving a truce. While at the same time keeping the war going in cyrodill. That way Tamriel could be at peace mostly for a little while until the three alliances fall and whatever takes their place causes up new wars and infighting all the way to the coming of Talos. Basically this would be good way to tone down the alliance war by confining it to Cyrodill.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on October 5, 2016 6:53AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • DaniAngione
    DaniAngione
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done! <3

Thank you :)
    The devs should use this somehow, main reason is because one it would be an epic lore plot involving a truce. While at the same time keeping the war going in cyrodill. That way Tamriel could be at peace mostly for a little while until the three alliances fall and whatever takes their place causes up new wars and infighting all the way to the coming of Talos. Basically this would be good way to tone down the alliance war by confining it to Cyrodill.

Well, I really appreciate the "support", I wouldn't expect that much, though. Mostly because, well, it's a fan story :)
    One Tamriel will probably not have any lore explanation for it so we'll always be able to consider it our head-canon though :D

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit thinks you may have forgotten an important detail of history ...

“Transit will be once again opened - with restrictions, of course - to caravans, travelers and citizens willing to cross the borders outside of Cyrodiil. We’ll see the coins flowing through the markets again!” Emeric continues, the people of Wayrest starting to cheer.

Emeric was so very consumed in the euphoria of the moment that he did not notice a small, white paw relieving him of the contents of the embroidered pocket of his kingly robe.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • DaniAngione
    DaniAngione
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Achievement Unlocked!
    Get an awesome comment by the legendary @SantieClaws !

I can now sleep better :smile:
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    interesting
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A very enjoyable tale , this one had been swept away momentarily into your words . If only wars could come to a end this way ... I like this vision . Truly as good as any Spinner could tell .
  • obscure7
    obscure7
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone else read Raz's lines in Raz's voice?
    PC NA
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is what One Tamriel means.

*Many elves.... Rude, snobby high elves and their perpetually short uncouth foul smelling cousins, the wood elves pour into Wayrest* (most likely because they think they have a shot with the female bretons)
    *Scipio goes to the inn to have a greek yogurt at around 10 am*
    *Scipio sits at his usual table*
    *The server comes over and with a polite smile Scipio orders his yogurt*

*Scipio is checking his email on his iPhone (ZOS emails about new Crown Store items) when the bench on the opposite side of the table is abruptly pulled out from under the table*
    *Scipio looks up and sees three elves. Two wood elves and a high elf*
    *Scipio stares at the elves. The elves stare back. The high elf with a smirk on his face*

Scipio: Can I help you gentlemen?

*Elves continue to stare for a few seconds*

High Elf: Well well well! Look at what we have here boys! We are in the midst of a celebrity! Mr. Publius Cornelius Scipio Africanus himself! One of the Covenant's most loyal soldiers!

*The two wood elves chuckle*

High Elf: O.... That's right..... My apologizes.... Everyone calls you Pubes right?

*Scipio squints his eyes at the elf*

Scipio: I must apologize, but I don't remember expecting meeting anyone this morning.

*The server returns and places a bowl of greek yogurt in front of Scipio and a bright polished silver spoon on the folded napkin*
    *The server walks away*

High Elf: Ah! Greek yogurt! My travels have made me rather famished I must say!

*The elf grabs the bowl and drags it towards himself*
    *The elf grabs the spoon, takes a spoonful of yogurt, and puts it in his mouth*

High Elf: MMMMMmmmmmmm!!!! *talking with a full mouth* O man! This stuff is really good!!!

*Scipio staring at the elf*

High Elf: Ah! Where are my manners!? Would you like some!?

*The elf takes another spoonful of yogurt and puts the spoon near Scipio's face*

High Elf: Come on! Open wide Pubes! *moving the spoon in a circular motion* Come on! Open up! The airplane wants to land!

*As the elf moves the spoon even closer to Scipio's face, Scipio grabs the elf by the wrist stopping the spoon!*
    *The yogurt falls off the spoon onto the table*

*The entire inn stops dead in their tracks and stares over at the table with Scipio and the elves*
    *The servers run upstairs as quick as they can*
    *The bartender grabs all the bottles still on the bar and drops down to the floor behind the bar*
    *Patrons of the inn rush out the door, some drop and hide under the tables*

*The elf's eyes grow wide in anger!*

High Elf: *As Scipio still has the elf's wrist in his grasp* You're going to regret that you filthy Covenant son of a [snip]....

*One of the wood elves quick as lightning swings at Scipio's head with a dagger!*
    *Scipio ducks his head and at the same time squeezes the wrist of the high elf breaking it*

High Elf: AAAAhhhhhhhhh!!!! You mother [snip]!!!!!!!!! You broke my wrist!!!!!

*Scipio rolls backwards off the bench from the table and gets up to his feet*
    *Scipio reaches for his weapons at his waist and feels nothing* (Scipio forgot that before One Tamriel, Wayrest was a peaceful place and he never carried weapons with him around town)
    *The wood elf front flips over the table like a ninja and begins swinging at Scipio!*

*Scipio ducks and jukes backwards as the wood elf is whiffing slicing nothing by air*
    *Scipio's back slams against one of the structural posts in the room*
    *The wood elf rushes in to do Scipio in!*
    *Scipio quickly tilts his head upwards and sees a decorative metal tray hanging above him on the post*
    Luxury-font-b-Serving-b-font-font-b-Tray-b-font-For-Party-Supplies-Wedding-Decoration.jpg
    *Scipio with his back still against the post, grabs the tray as the wood elf comes in for the kill*

*SMACK!!!! Scipio clocks the wood elf over the head with the tray and the elf drops like a sack of potatoes*
    *The second wood elf still at the table, draws his sword, yells, and charges at Scipio*
    *The wood elf swings his sword at Scipio*
    *Scipio uses the tray as a shield to block the strikes*
    *Scipio holding the tray parallel to the floor, thrusts the tray right into the wood elf's throat*

*The wood elf drops his sword and with both hands grabs his throat as he is gasping for air*
    *Scipio drops the tray, grabs the wood elf by the back of his neck and rams him face first into the post*
    *Scipio goes behind the post, the wood elf with his chest against the post now, Scipio grabs each one of the wood elf's arms, Scipio places his left foot on the post, and begins pulling with all his might*

*The pressure exerted is too much and Scipio pulls the wood elf's arms right out of their sockets*
    *Scipio lets go of the wood elf's arms and the elf drops to the floor*
    *Scipio's gaze is now placed upon the high elf who is still in shock holding his crushed wrist*
    *Scipio walks back over to the table*

High Elf: No please! Please Scipio! I am sorry! It was all a joke man! I'll never call you Pubes again! I was going to pick up the tab! I swear!

*Scipio grabs the elf up by the collar*

Scipio: Nothing about greek yogurt is a joke!

*Scipio picks up the bowl of greek yogurt and rams it into the elf's face!*

High Elf: ARRRggggghhhhhhhh!

*Scipio grabs the spoon which is still on the table and places the spoon upright in-between the seam where the two beams of wood meet creating the table*
    *Scipio grabs the high elf by hair, the high elf's face full of yogurt*

High Elf: No! Please! I beg of you!

*Scipio rams the elf's face down into the table. The spoon going through the elf's left eye into his skull killing him*
    *Scipio stares down at the silenced face down elf*

*The bartender's eyes peak over the bar*
    *Scipio turns around, sees the bartender and begins to walk towards the bar*
    *The bartender frightened stands up and falls back into the shelves of liquor*

Bartender: Please! I have three small kids!

*The bartender sees Scipio's hand go down towards his pocket*

Bartender: AHH!

*The bartender fearing his time had come clenched his eyelids shut*
    *The bartender is startled by the sound of metal smacking the bar*
    *After a couple of seconds go by the bartender realizes he is still alive and cracks open one eye*
    *He sees a leather sacks on the bar*
    *He turns to his left quickly and sees Scipio exiting through the door*

*The bartender looks back down at the sack on the bar*
    *He opens the sack and pours its contents out onto the bar*
    *Gold coins and six tel var stones fall out of the sack and roll around the bar*

-Fin-....... For now that is

Edited by Publius_Scipio on October 5, 2016 9:28AM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spoiler: Due to the winding down of hostilities both within and without the Dominion a downsizing in the Eyes of the Queen secret service has been deemed necessary. Razum Dar has lost his spy job and had to take a new one in order to provide for his kittens. He now opens random loot crates at a crown store of ill repute, under the name Pacrooti :)
    Edited by Asardes on October 5, 2016 8:59AM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • AmberLaTerra
    AmberLaTerra
    ✭✭✭✭

*Many elves.... Rude, snobby high elves and their perpetually short uncouth foul smelling cousins, the wood elves pour into Wayrest* (most likely because they think they have a shot with the female bretons)

*Scipio is checking his email on his iPhone (ZOS emails about new Crown Store items) when the bench on the opposite side of the table is abruptly pulled out from under the table*
    *Scipio stares at the elves. The elves stare back. The high elf with a smirk on his face*

High Elf: Well well well! Look at what we have here boys! We are in the midst of a celebrity! Mr. Publius Cornelius Scipio Africanus himself! One of the Covenant's most loyal soldiers!

High Elf: O.... That's right..... My apologizes.... Everyone calls you Pubes right?

Scipio: I must apologize, but I don't remember expecting meeting anyone this morning.

*The server returns and places a bowl of greek yogurt in front of Scipio and a bright polished silver spoon on the folded napkin*
    *The server walks away*

High Elf: MMMMMmmmmmmm!!!! *talking with a full mouth* O man! This stuff is really good!!!

*The elf takes another spoonful of yogurt and puts the spoon near Scipio's face*

High Elf: Come on! Open wide Pubes! *moving the spoon in a circular motion* Come on! Open up! The airplane wants to land!

*As the elf moves the spoon even closer to Scipio's face, Scipio grabs the elf by the wrist stopping the spoon!*

*The entire inn stops dead in their tracks and stares over at the table with Scipio and the elves*
    *The bartender grabs all the bottles still on the bar and drops down to the floor behind the bar*

High Elf: *As Scipio still has the elf's wrist in his grasp* You're going to regret that you filthy Covenant son of a [snip]....

*One of the wood elves quick and lightning swings at Scipio's head with a dagger!*
    *Scipio ducks his head and at the same time squeezes the wrist of the high elf breaking it*

*Scipio reaches for his weapons at his waist and feels nothing* (Scipio forgot that before One Tamriel, Wayrest was a peaceful place and he never carried weapons with him around town)
    *The wood elf front flips over the table like a ninja and begins swinging at Scipio!*

*Scipio ducks and jukes backwards as the wood elf is whiffing slicing nothing by air*
    *Scipio quickly tilts his head upwards and sees a decorative metal tray hanging above him on the post*
    Luxury-font-b-Serving-b-font-font-b-Tray-b-font-For-Party-Supplies-Wedding-Decoration.jpg
    *Scipio with his back still against the post, grabs the tray as the wood elf comes in for the kill*

*SMACK!!!! Scipio clocks the wood elf over the head with the tray and the elf drops like a sack of potatoes*
    *The second wood elf still at the table, draws his sword, yells, and charges at Scipio*
    *Scipio holding the tray parallel to the floor, thrusts the tray right into the wood elf's throat*

*The wood elf drops his sword and with both hands grabs his throat as he is gasping for air*
    *Scipio drops the tray, grabs the wood elf by the back of his neck and rams him face first into the post*
    *Scipio goes behind the post, the wood elf with his chest against the post now, Scipio grabs each one of the wood elf's arms, Scipio places his left foot on the post, and begins pulling with all his might*

*The pressure exerted is too much and Scipio pulls the wood elf's arms right out of their sockets*
    *Scipio's gaze is now placed upon the high elf who is still in shock holding his crushed wrist*

High Elf: No please! Please Scipio! I am sorry! It was all a joke man! I'll never call you Pubes again! I was going to pick up the tab! I swear!

*Scipio grabs the spoon which is still on the table and places the spoon upright in-between the seam where the two beams of wood meet creating the table*

*Scipio rams the elf's face down into the table. The spoon going through the elf's left eye into his skull killing him*

*After a couple of seconds go by the bartender realizes he is still alive and cracks open one eye*

*Gold coins and six tel var stones fall out of the sack and roll around the bar*

You may be a dirty Covenant member, but we can agree and drink to our dislike of those arrogant elves and their cannibalistic cousins anytime.

Of course the pact will win in the end, but at least we can be civilized about it.

CP 365 Nord DK DPS EP
    CP 365 Imperal DK Stam Tank EP
    Level 9 Imperial Stam Templar EP
    Cp 365 Khajiit Stam Blade EP

For the glory of the Pact
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Publius Cornelius Scipio Africanus himself! One of the Covenant's most loyal soldiers!

Scipio would be an Imperial.

And probably fought for the Pact against Covenant forces at Vivec's Antlers... for fun!

Maybe not so loyal ;)

(Or maybe One Tamriel just trashed any idea of a coherent story featuring an alliance war)

• Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

*The server walks away*

*One of the wood elves quick and lightning swings at Scipio's head with a dagger!*

You may be a dirty Covenant member, but we can agree and drink to our dislike of those arrogant elves and their cannibalistic cousins anytime.

Of course the pact will win in the end, but at least we can be civilized about it.

Excuse you? Civilized you say? A bunch of drunks, beady eyed elves, and overgrown salamanders that talk......
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Publius Cornelius Scipio Africanus himself! One of the Covenant's most loyal soldiers!

And probably fought for the Pact against Covenant forces at Vivec's Antlers... for fun!

Maybe not so loyal ;)

(Or maybe One Tamriel just trashed any idea of a coherent story featuring an alliance war)

Alliance change token, coming soon to a crown store near you :)
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Maybe not so loyal ;)

First of all. When the alliance war broke out my mother's family fell upon hard times. She ended up in bangkorai and met a young imperial soldier. They fell in love and I was the result. My father was sent to Cyrodiil where he was killed at the Chalamo. My mother became a prostitute to make ends meat to put food on the table and to pay the rent..... My mother's body was ravaged because of her loyalty to me. I was born on Covenant soil, I have only fought for the Covenant, and I will, when my time comes, be draped in the Covenant flag and buried alongside all those who gave everything for the Blue Banner.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Maybe not so loyal ;)

First of all. When the alliance war broke out my mother's family fell upon hard times. She ended up in bangkorai and met a young imperial soldier. They fell in love and I was the result. My father was sent to Cyrodiil where he was killed at the Chalamo. My mother became a prostitute to make ends meat to put food on the table and to pay the rent..... My mother's body was ravaged because of her loyalty to me. I was born on Covenant soil, I have only fought for the Covenant, and I will, when my time comes, be draped in the Covenant flag and buried alongside all those who gave everything for the Blue Banner.

Illegitimate son of a prostitute... so what they say about Covenant soldiers is all true! ;)
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really see no use for prostitutes in this game, since no one seems to engage in sexual activity. There is some lap dancing, soft core BDSM in some inns and some bragging from one NPC but that's about it. They are as chaste as one can get. No wonder there are no children in this game. Everybody got turned off by the impending Daedric doom and the specter of war in Cyrodiil :)
    Edited by Asardes on October 5, 2016 9:55AM

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    I really see no use for prostitutes in this game, since no one seems to engage in sexual activity. There is some lap dancing, soft core BDSM in some inns and some bragging from one NPC but that's about it. They are as chaste as one can get. No wonder there are no children in this game. Everybody got turned off by the impending Daedric doom and the specter of war in Cyrodiil :)

Say what you want. Don't blame me if you have the libido of a 152 year old guar.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not me, just the NPCs. I'd like to see more Gerald of Rivia type of behavior in this game. Make Tamriel fornicate again! :D

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • AmberLaTerra
    AmberLaTerra
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    It's not me, just the NPCs. I'd like to see more Gerald of Rivia type of behavior in this game. Make Tamriel fornicate again! :D

Oh now I usually hate that hashtag garbage but this may be a case where one has to be used :D

#MakeTamrielfornicateagain >:)>:)

CP 365 Nord DK DPS EP
    CP 365 Imperal DK Stam Tank EP
    Level 9 Imperial Stam Templar EP
    Cp 365 Khajiit Stam Blade EP

For the glory of the Pact
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a little something I came up with while waiting for the servers to go down before this day that will change our beloved game forever.
    It might not be the most accurate or refined piece of "lore" ever, but I just had the idea and wanted to put it into words :)
    I'm obviously not saying this is how it happened nor that it is faithful to the lore of the world. I just like to imagine that this might be true. So... I hope you all enjoy reading it as I enjoyed writing!

[awesome story]

If ZOS had not decided to stick to the "Meridia did it" explanation, this would be an awesome intro to OT. Why Kaleen though? It seems like it would be more Copper Dariah's thing.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love it :)
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • DaniAngione
    DaniAngione
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

[awesome story]

If ZOS had not decided to stick to the "Meridia did it" explanation, this would be an awesome intro to OT. Why Kaleen though? It seems like it would be more Copper Dariah's thing.

Yeah, I thought about using Copper :smiley:
    But I thought it would start to feel too much like the final story quest chain. (It already does)

I like Kaleen and I think she's under used (as a character), so I figured that after four years of war she migth've grown through the ranks enough to be a person of trust to Emeric, since she was always so eager to serve the Covenant :D
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

[awesome story]

But I thought it would start to feel too much like the final story quest chain. (It already does)

I like Kaleen and I think she's under used (as a character), so I figured that after four years of war she migth've grown through the ranks enough to be a person of trust to Emeric, since she was always so eager to serve the Covenant :D

I always found it a bit of a disjoint tbh when I got to the "Messages Across Tamriel" quest and had to meet up with Copper for DC, and Thrush for EP - characters I had never met before. And actually didn't meet again afterwards. :D

I prefer your version with Kaleen :)
    Edited by Epona222 on October 5, 2016 3:12PM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would be really cool if ZOS would do something like this. They don't even have to make it a questline. Just make it a new lorebook.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*The server walks away*

But I love the elves! Those nice friendly elves. With akward history mind you. But once you get used to them. There cool. There vast. Majestic creatures... However nice twist on story.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Brings up a question of how all of those quests where one alliance is invading another alliance would go down if the alliances aren't supposed to be invading each other directly...

But a good read. :)
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • arena25
    arena25
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2E 584

Almost four years after the War of the Three Banners had begun, the stalemate in Cyrodiil remained. Countless efforts to push from the sea inside any of the alliances’ territories proved themselves a failure and week after week the several keeps and cities in central Cyrodiil were reclaimed over and over by different colors.

The stench of death and fire covered the air, the situation was unbearable. Something had to be done and not even Queen Ayrenn’s determination, Skald-king Jorunn’s bravery and High-king Emeric’s prowess could stand against that. The people fighting across Tamriel needed a respite.

Somewhere around Stros M’kai
    Hearthfire, 19

Few weeks before the Witches Festival

As the strong redguard woman firmly steps out of the room, her hand holding the pommel on her blade, a khajiit doning black and gold leather armor grins, leaning back against a wall.

“Raz would say this went better than expected. It is a good thing.”

Sitting on finely woven Alik’ri pillows, a dunmer leans forward a bit, revealing her pointy face on a shaft of dim light entering through the curtains. She wears dark leather armor and holds a couple of daggers.

“Better than expected? “We’ll consider”, she said. She doesn’t even know when she’ll meet her king!”

“You must trust Raz on this, sweet Naryu.” the cat says, joyfully turning his tail. “Captain Kaleen is a trustworthy pirate. Or privateer. Raz is not sure.”

“Trustworthy… Pirate? Do you even listen to yourself? Ugh!” the dunmer drops backwards on the pillows.

Wayrest Castle, Throne Room
    Hearthfire, 24

High-King Emeric raises his hand and signals all guards to leave the room. He removes his crown from his head, mumbling something about its size, as he slowly steps down from the throne; his fingers rubbing the crown jewel as he ponders.

“An Eye of the Queen and… a Morag Tone, you say? Some sort of spy from the Pact?” he looks down upon the redguard captain, Kaleen.

“Tong.” she whispers. “Yes, the meeting was arranged in secret, called by Ayrenn, my king.”

“I understand.” he looks through the castle windows by his side. “I’ve recently heard that we lost yet another batallion of soldiers southeast of Bruma this week. Fresh from the recruiting camps, barely any fight in them.”

“That’s unfortunate, my liege. But…” she looks back to him. “I’m sure we can push forward and reclaim your rightful throne-” before she can finish, the High-king interrupts her.

“My rightful throne. I do like the sound of that; but I do not like the sound of fellow bretons and of our allies dying mercilessly in battle for four years.”

Windhelm Keep, Council Room
    Hearthfire, 26

“So this is it, then?” replied the Skald-King, looking down from the balcony as several workers rush to finish the keep rebuilding before the winter. “No more news from that cat you befriended?”

“No, nothing else.” Naryu steps forward, next to the king. “His queen was clear and it seems the daggers are prone to accept their offer, too. If it is confirmed, we shall be sending word to Valenwood as soon as possible.”

“This is an important step if we are the ever win this war…” he looks down, touching his beard. “We really need the respite and to focus on the war where it really matters.”

“Indeed.” she agrees.

“This was meant to happen, sooner or later. Were it the Arrow's decision, it would’ve happened back when the guilds invaded Coldharbour.”

Naryu smiles with the mention of her friend. It has been a while.

“Go, send word.” Jorunn waves his hand forward.

Elden Root, Top Level
    Hearthfire, 29

“Come in, Raz.” says Queen Ayrenn, standing next to one of the tables. The throne room is completely empty if not by herself and the khajiit that walks in her direction, carrying a couple of opened letters. The few remaining guards leave the room as he passes by.

“Raz’s beloved enemies have sent news!” the khajiit smiles ironically.

“Tell me about it.” the queen replies in a friendly manner.

“Kaleen is a fierce warrior both in the sea and on land, although this one doesn’t know her very well... yet. As for Naryu, well, Raz must say that for a dark elf she’s--”

“Raz! The news.” the queen sighs, pulling the letters from his paws.

“Ah, forgive this humble khajiit. Straight to the point, then: both alliances have accepted your offer.”

“This is… excellent.” she holds the letters, eyeing their envelopes. “This is a good start, my friend.”

“This one feels compelled to agree.” They smile to each other. “Raz will arrange the signing immediately.”

Frostfall, 5
    A few days before the Witches’ Festival

“Fellow citizens of Wayrest, of the High Rock territories and from across the whole Daggerfall Covenant… I’ve come before you as riders swipe across the land bearing news about the war.”
    High-king Emeric stands tall on the balcony of Wayrest Castle, a large crowd gathered in front of him. “Good news, for a change.” he whispers to himself.

“A meeting was held last week…” Ayrenn continued to the multitude of altmer, bosmer and khajiit in front of her while she speaks from the steps of Vulkhel’s Guard Temple. “And an agreement was signed. One not meant to cease our efforts of securing our rightful, sacred rule - but to mitigate the severe losses and the damage we’ve all been facing for the past few years!”

“It is very simple indeed.” Skald-king Jorunn addresses the people before him, standing on the balcony of his newly reformed keep in Windhelm. “Beginning this month, on the day of the Witches Festival, an official truce will take place in all the secured, uncontested territories of the three alliances.”

“The war shall be restricted to the territory of Cyrodiil, where we’ll continue our righteous fight, now knowing that our families and our homes are free and safe from the fires of war!” Ayrenn raises her fist as her followers shout her name.

“We shall give Tamriel back to its people. Let the war rage where it belongs to, let those that are not part of it once again belong to one peaceful and prosperous land.” as Jorunn finishes his speech, the people explode in rejoice and celebration.

New life is breathed into the markets that are now expecting travelers and caravans from across Tamriel after many years. The cities and villages once again burst with activity with less military patrols as more citizens and tourists are slowly allowed inside foreign lands after years of closed borders.

In Cyrodiil, the war rages on, unrelenting and unforgiving as always...
    But outside of it... The old world - the world before the fall of the Empire and the war - seems to shine a bit, like a ray of light breaking through the storm clouds.

Welcome to One Tamriel

Beautiful story! This should become part of the lore!

Is there a way to mark a post Awesome AND Insightful?
    If you can't handle the heat...stay out of the kitchen!
  • DaniAngione
    DaniAngione
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -Stuff-

A bit off-topic, but...

You have a quite long signature, eh? :smiley:
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    Brings up a question of how all of those quests where one alliance is invading another alliance would go down if the alliances aren't supposed to be invading each other directly...

But a good read. :)

Yes, I thought the same. But unfortunately I can't do much about that :( Were it up to me, the whole game progression and quests would have to be redesigned for One Tamriel to be applied properly. I even have this big thread discussing those awkward changes to the story that will happen (I posted it back when it was announced and it sprung a long discussion)

I tried to cover it in the past for those that already played said quests when I say that "Countless efforts to push from the sea inside any of the alliances’ territories proved themselves a failure".

As for new players or new characters... Well, we can pretend they're like dissidents or rogue battalions acting independently - or pretending to do so, actually under treacherous orders of the alliance leaders :naughty:
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »

[awesome story]

I always found it a bit of a disjoint tbh when I got to the "Messages Across Tamriel" quest and had to meet up with Copper for DC, and Thrush for EP - characters I had never met before. And actually didn't meet again afterwards. :D

I prefer your version with Kaleen :)
    Yeah I thought that was odd too. They should have either introduced those characters earlier on in the storyline, or just used recurring characters that we already knew. Raz and Cariel in AD worked well, because we knew them both already.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp