Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Steam Controller set up

WanderingBeithe
WanderingBeithe
✭✭✭
So I'm on a PC now and as I have been only a console player for many many moons I use an Xbox controller.

I have tried learning to use a kb and mouse but it is silly.

I now have a steam controller and would like to use it as it should give me more control and flexability. But I am having a hard time with the key mapping. I found one set up thru steam but only half the keys seemed to do anything.

So my question is if anyone else uses it and if so would they share their set ups? Tips or suggestions?

Thanks!
If it has a tail it is meant to be eaten.

• Logun24x7
    Logun24x7
    ✭✭
    I wish I could help you with the Steam controller but mines collecting dust on top shelf

Best set up for MMO gaming on the PC is a Logitech G13 game pad (thumb stick for w,s,a,d) and more programmable keys then you'll ever need for this game, with a good gaming mouse. IMHO is the best control set up for MMO PC gaming.

However if you launch the game in Steam's big picture mode you should see dozens of Steam Controller configurations to try out?
  • WanderingBeithe
    WanderingBeithe
    ✭✭✭
    I do play thru steam which is why we went with this controller. I have seen the other set ups and that was where I found the one I mentioned. It has the most installed but half the controls did nothing. I got to frustrated so set it aside. There were others but only one or two installs (downloads?) each should go thru them I suppose. I don't think I can afford another setup. Blah... tech is hard. :#

Thank you though and may your load screens be fast and your time lag free.
    If it has a tail it is meant to be eaten.