The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

researching items question

Lightninvash
Lightninvash
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't know if this has been brought up lately or at all since I am normally in the general discussions board. When looking through armor traits there isn't anything to show you if you researched the trait or not. Is this ever going to be apart of the game? I am tired of pulling out 80 items from my guild bank that I have for researching to find the specific items I can research. It seems like a better idea to actually have some icon next to the trait if you have it researched or not.

Any thoughts about this?
  • Aeaeren
    Aeaeren
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if this has been brought up lately or at all since I am normally in the general discussions board. When looking through armor traits there isn't anything to show you if you researched the trait or not. Is this ever going to be apart of the game? I am tired of pulling out 80 items from my guild bank that I have for researching to find the specific items I can research. It seems like a better idea to actually have some icon next to the trait if you have it researched or not.

Any thoughts about this?

Pen and paper is how I did it. Now with Locking it makes it easier. I just lock the ones I want to research and when a research spot opens I unlock it and research it.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can engage the Crafting Station and see what Traits you know or don't know from that screen.

But as far as seeing this from an Inventory Screen or Bank Screen, not without an addon.

Best advice for the consoles is to get or make a spreadsheet (there are quite a few already on the web for this purpose for this game) and use that to track traits. This was how I did this on the PC before I used addons.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thank you both. Just wondered if anyone knew if this would be something eventually added in to the game. Would save so much time haha.
  • ELDARTHVADER
    ELDARTHVADER
    ✭✭
    Aeaeren wrote: »

Any thoughts about this?

Pen and paper is how I did it. Now with Locking it makes it easier. I just lock the ones I want to research and when a research spot opens I unlock it and research it.

Thanks for this TIP!
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made this spreadsheet a long time ago, i think the traits need some updating, but it worked for me:
    thesidekickorder.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=26

post-2-1411237968.jpg

• disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am on PS4 and I also did a spreadsheet and just filled it in with pen and highlighter.

Some sort of indicator in the items description panel to tell you if you do or don't know that trait would be really helpful. Even a list in the achievements section, like you have for learning motif styles, would be more helpful than having nothing.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    I am on PS4 and I also did a spreadsheet and just filled it in with pen and highlighter.

Some sort of indicator in the items description panel to tell you if you do or don't know that trait would be really helpful. Even a list in the achievements section, like you have for learning motif styles, would be more helpful than having nothing.

@disintegr8

You do have something, you just have to view it at the Crafting Station. Open up the research window and it will tell you what items you have learned what traits on. Not as convenient as something you can see from an inventory screen, but it is there.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    disintegr8 wrote: »

@disintegr8

You do have something, you just have to view it at the Crafting Station. Open up the research window and it will tell you what items you have learned what traits on. Not as convenient as something you can see from an inventory screen, but it is there.

yeah that's what I was more or less wanting. something I can see while in my bank so I can just grab the specific items and research them
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Some addons should just be integrated into the game, that's what I think. The really great addons definitely fall into this. I use Research Assistant for this feature.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some addons should just be integrated into the game, that's what I think. The really great addons definitely fall into this. I use Research Assistant for this feature.

I wish I could use add ons as I am on console so I have to do it manually which sucks haha.
  • AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    Like where the motifs and recipes have a bit of text to say if you can use it to learn it or if it's already known it would be useful if gear had something similar.

Too late for me now as I've finally made it to 9 traits on everything but it'd help people who aren't there yet
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
  • medusasfolly
    medusasfolly
    ✭✭✭
    The Trait Buddy addon is nice for this as you can pull it up while you're banking and see not only the character you're on with, but also the progress of any other characters you have.
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Trait Buddy addon is nice for this as you can pull it up while you're banking and see not only the character you're on with, but also the progress of any other characters you have.

would be great if they had add ons for consoles lol
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭

There are apps for the iPhone & Android for this. I use Workbench on the iPhone. It will track researched traits, which traits you have saved to research when a spot opens up, the research times left among other things including calculating the research times based on ESO+ and skill points in the crafting tree.
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balibe wrote: »

There are apps for the iPhone & Android for this. I use Workbench on the iPhone. It will track researched traits, which traits you have saved to research when a spot opens up, the research times left among other things including calculating the research times based on ESO+ and skill points in the crafting tree.

yeah I was going to do that but it would be like starting over again lol. I ended up biting the bullet and making a list of needed traits in my notes on my phone. putting a checkmark near traits I have armors/weps in my bank for lol and erace them once I research them
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not a issue for me anymore
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

yes, this, Trait buddy is the addon for you ;)!!
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭

Any thoughts about this?

Excel, but no nothing in game.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭

Any thoughts about this?

Excel, but no nothing in game.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured