The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Coldharbour - Launching the Assault

carljokl
carljokl
✭✭✭
I reached the point in Coldharbour on a second character where the war council is held. On my first character at the end of the war council I was asked if I though the assault should be launched or whether I should wait to gather more people.

The second time though I wasn't presented with the choice, the assault was just to be launched. A shame as I was going to wait until I was sure I had everyone. I had not done the court of contempt or the cliffs of failure by this point. It looks like the Hollow City was fully staffed otherwise.

It made me wonder the conditions on which the player is presented with the choice. Is it just the population level of Hollow City? Are there specific characters who if missing cause the question of waiting for more people to be posed?

All I know for sure is that it can't be because there is no-one left to be found in the accessible areas of Cold Harbour.

I also wonder about the point of cut off for found characters to be included in the plain meld quest. Do people need to be found before the council to be included or before a specific stage in the final assault? Will they always show up as soon as they are rescued? I am just thinking of upper Cold Harbour and can't recall saving anyone there who takes part in the final assault. There is Stibbons. Lady Laurient still seems to curse Stibbons for not being around when she needs him even when he is rescued and present in the consultants house next to her. I am not sure if that is a bug \ oversight or something done wrong.
Edited by carljokl on October 3, 2016 4:24PM
My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade

Best Answer

• LordIllidan84
    LordIllidan84
    ✭✭
    From my experience as I recall it offers assault as the only option if all of the main characters are rescued from the towers. While some of the minor characters my still be available for rescue, the assault is really predicated on the main ones.
    Answer ✓
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I usually complete all the side quests in Coldharbour just for the sake of completion and some extra XP - at that point I'm usually training various skills and need to "inject" XP into my bar. Probably you have completed those side quests on your main but you haven't had the patience to do them on your alt, which is understandable. I don't think launching the assault without some chars - ex. the mages and one of the antagonists from the alliance quests you save at the Cliffs of Failure - will make it harder for you during the final quest. The combat is easy, just as other single player quests, even if the friendly NPCs don't assist you - the AI is dumb and they don't do much anyway :)
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think if you give the crown to the captain, then pirate-skeletons join you.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, but taking the other option won't pop up any message. I didn't give it to the captain but the text mentioned it to the OP never popped up during the last quest in Coldharbour. I will check it on my 4th character that hasn't finished Coldharbour yet. I usually take all the options to see how it turns out when I level my chars trough questing.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    From my experience as I recall it offers assault as the only option if all of the main characters are rescued from the towers. While some of the minor characters my still be available for rescue, the assault is really predicated on the main ones.

I think the leader of the mages and king Dynar are required for the war council. The first time around I rescued them first as they were the first objective people to rescue. This moves to the war council. Still that time around I was asked the question afterwards if I wanted to launch the assault now or wait for more people. This time I wasn't asked. It is quite possible that beyond the vital people for the council, it is not a question of any specific people being present or missing for the question to be asked. It is quite possible it is just if enough people have been rescued for the Hollow City to be fully staffed.

I am still not clear on the cut off for people helping in the quest. If the skeletons around the ships can be involved then the cutoff for them cannot be the start of the assault as they are not accessible until crossing the chasm anyway.
    Edited by carljokl on November 25, 2016 3:12PM
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
    Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You only need to complete 2 quest in order to hold the council. 1 of the quests are in the far east and the other in the far west of coldharbour.

Edit: When it comes to the skeleton and the crown (a quest in the eastern part of CH). There´s a skyshard located in the quest area that can only be reached if you start the quest. But you don´t need to complete the quest in order to finish CH.
    Edited by Qbiken on October 3, 2016 4:32PM