The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

eso on external hard drive ?

vizjaqtaar
vizjaqtaar
Soul Shriven
okie just a poor Mac Pro user here with 125gig on hdd.. and game is for god sake almost 90 gigs WITHOUT !!! packs..so.. can i play game on usb 3 external hard disk ? if NOT then it means i need to erase everything on my laptop to install this game and its impossible.. :neutral: and how big is the packs in total if i buy eso membership and I'm a new beginner ty guys
Edited by vizjaqtaar on October 1, 2016 10:25PM
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    90 GB's? On PC the live client is around 50, as is the PTS client.

Why not just leave out the PTS?
  • ProbablePaul
    ProbablePaul
    ✭✭✭✭
    The transfer rate of an external drive would be too slow for the application to function properly.
    Bosmer Melee Magicka Nightblade
  • vizjaqtaar
    vizjaqtaar
    Soul Shriven
    Hard Disk Space: 85 GB free HDD space this is what site is saying and I'm afraid its without packs and i will start with eso plus..:(( i have only 75 gigs left on my hdd now. even if it will fit in here for now for future packs i ll be in trouble :S really what other macbook pro users doing with this hdd problem.. unless if they have 500 gigs etc.. :S i know i know MacBooks or in general laptops are not for playing games but can't effort a gaming pc atm ..meh
    Edited by vizjaqtaar on October 1, 2016 10:54PM
  • AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    I use an external hard drive and it works fine. I'm on xbox though and not knowledgeable enough about these things to know if there's any technical reason that it might be different on mac pro
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
  • vizjaqtaar
    vizjaqtaar
    Soul Shriven
    any mac users out there i ll be more then happy to know how you deal with this sitt. if u had any .. :(
  • babedenny
    babedenny
    ✭✭✭✭
    You could look at specs all day, but the only way to really know is to try it. I moved mine from internal SATA to SSD and the loading screen time improved. I did not need to re-download the game either, so that was nice.
  • Whatzituyah
    Whatzituyah
    ✭✭✭✭
    The transfer rate of an external drive would be too slow for the application to function properly.

Yes however what this guy down here has the right idea.
    babedenny wrote: »
    You could look at specs all day, but the only way to really know is to try it. I moved mine from internal SATA to SSD and the loading screen time improved. I did not need to re-download the game either, so that was nice.

SSD has basically transfer rate as its strength but write as its weakness.
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My son plays with ESO on his Macbook Air with it installed on a 128GB "pocket vault" USB3 SSD. Runs fine considering his computer's capabilities.

Edit: This appears to be the most recent version of what he's using: https://www.amazon.com/MyDigitalSSD-SuperSpeed-Portable-External-Storage/dp/B00EZ2FRU2/ref=sr_1_8?rps=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1475368235&sr=8-8&keywords=my+digital+ssd&refinements=p_85:2470955011,p_89:MyDigitalSSD
    Edited by smacx250 on October 2, 2016 12:31AM
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The application have around 54gigs all up (currently) - may change this week with upcoming One Tamil.

Overall, as long as you have the gigs and the GBs for download, that's fine.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep pts on an external drive.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play it from an external HDD without issues.
  • Whatzituyah
    Whatzituyah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lucky people with you external drives PS4 has none but atleast I can put in a bigger HDD/SSD when I please.