The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What are your thoughts about the new ultimate's?

KloudKotuzai
KloudKotuzai
✭✭
After probably 2-3 years, they finally brought some more skills/abilities. So this is something we do almost 90% of the time in the game. Which is combat; what is your input about this?
Edited by KloudKotuzai on September 29, 2016 7:22PM

What are your thoughts about the new ultimate's? 34 votes

About time, but still not enough.
32%
nihonseanb14_ESOIruil_ESOAquanovaxXTomahawkXxtnaneverAnviOfVaiAnti_VirussusmitdsNirnrottenWalksonGravesCultOfMMO 11 votes
Don't really care, Rather have them fix bugs.
35%
AlsarothAra_ValleriagreyloxXvorgitscomptonLightninvashFather_X_ZombieimdoinkBurritoESOMartolBlanketFortfisheatsteel 12 votes
WE NEED MORE! THE COMBAT IS SO STALE!!.... :v
32%
hedna123b14_ESORohausDetectorChelisterPurdomination33VoxicitykarakondzulaSeratopiaZamuroCandivinolonnml 11 votes
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your poll is bad and you should feel bad. The magika weapon ults suck and the stamina ults are brokenly good. Pretty much as everyone expected.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your poll is bad and you should feel bad. The magika weapon ults suck and the stamina ults are brokenly good. Pretty much as everyone expected.

Yep.

The magicka ultimates are insulting. Literally worse than every class ultimate already out there.

No one would every use these unless they were bored solo'ing and wanted different looking particles.

Edited by Phinix1 on September 29, 2016 8:18PM
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phinix1 wrote: »

Yep.

The magicka ultimates are insulting. Literally worse than every class ultimate already out there.

No one would every use these unless they were bored solo'ing and wanted different looking particles.

...but...but...it has a large area!!!! ....oh wait aoe caps...lol
    Edited by hedna123b14_ESO on September 29, 2016 9:10PM
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your poll options are terrible.

In three months you will see the Destro staff ulti everywhere in raids because the damage is stupid good even if the ultimate is on the expensive side and you won't see a single retraction post from anyone who calls it garabage.
    Edited by acw37162 on September 30, 2016 1:32AM
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    acw37162 wrote: »

In three months you will see the Destro staff ulti everywhere in raids because the damage is stupid good even if the ultimate is on the expensive side and you won't see a single retraction post from anyone who calls it garabage.

lol
  • mertusta
    mertusta
    ✭✭✭✭
    That destro staff ulti is the best insult against magicka dds ever. Like, no ulti for you go funk yourself and play stamina.
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol

Laugh all you like for straight damage it's better the meteor but you will have to wait for some other player to post videos using this to clear Trials before you change your mind and I'll be laughing then

I'll go one better in less then four weeks you will the skill morphed up and ready to go on raid night.
    Edited by acw37162 on September 30, 2016 2:01AM
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Poll is bad.

Im excited to see the Destro Ult in large scale pvp. The Ice staff version immobalizes, its the new Bombard. It does a lot of damage now after the buff.

2h Ultimate may be fun for ganks. Will be on my back bar for fighting tanks for sure.

Shield ultimate is pretty meh, you can just fear whoever uses it then its a waste.

DW Ult bleed will be purged and useless compared to Dawnbreaker stun/burst (for pvp).

Resto just heals. Its alright. Nothing special in my opinion. Could be clutch in some scenarios.

Bow ult i wish was aoe. Turret morph is awesome though.

Well im excited but it wont really change my playstyle at all. I only play 1 character and shes stamina. The destro ulty makes me wanna play magicka, might have to make a hybrid build for it.

PS4 NA DC
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol

Laugh all you like for straight damage it's better the meteor but you will have to wait for some other player to post videos using this to clear Trials before you change your mind and I'll be laughing then

I'll go one better in less then four weeks you will the skill morphed up and ready to go on raid night.

Trust me I tested it...its not worth it...unless they change it from what they have it as now...
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are already 2 official threads about this. Unnecessary poll.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Nirnrotten
    Nirnrotten
    ✭✭✭
    I'm loving the weapon Ultimates! About time they add cool new skills. The destruction staff ulti is disappointing in its current state. I feel like it's a place holder. Each element should have a UNIQUE ultimate. i.e Cold is aoe immobilize w/ long snare. Fire is single target DOT with massive dps. Ect. Every other ultimate is awesome imo. Even the Resto one will see niche play in places like VDSA and VMSA for non-templar classes.

Next skill line I want to see Active skills or even more Ultimates is the racial skill line. I always loved using the racial abilities available in TES titles. Gimme the real Redguard Adrenaline Rush! Id pay 250 ultimate for that lol. Give Argonians their super self heals instead of that lousy +healing.

• WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im excited to slot that new reflect then immediately return to my old set up.
  • Abob
    Abob
    ✭✭✭
    Does the 2 handed ult ignore reactive's mitigation too?
  • Alsaroth
    Alsaroth
    ✭✭
    Sure I'll test them, but I'm content with the ones that are currently in the game.
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ultimate's....are...how do i put it unfair? , Templers have only one good Ultimate the others...are well... boring. Sorc's have the stone Arc guy and suppression field and overload which are great ultimate's, Dragon Knights only useful one is the leaping one and have you noticed the only ultimate's used mostly now are Meteor (which is incredibly hard to get) and the other guild one you can get, totally forgot its name I don't use it because I don't like it. And Nighblades Assination and Soul Shread are the only ones used that are any good.

To be honest none of the above feel like ultimate's. they Don't feel powerful enough you can even block Meteor with very little Damage... I can see how this is hard to get right as people would complain...

The only ultimate that feels good is the Vampire bats and the werewolf which is fun to play :)

The new ones added... i'm not too excited about them. I love the look of them, and the ideas behind them... but can you call them a ultimate? they look like a regular skill to me. :)

Edited by AnviOfVai on September 30, 2016 11:36AM
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• Mush55
    Mush55
    ✭✭✭✭
    With the amount of good ideas that are posted and the results and ideas on the pts forum think it's about time zos actually engaged with the players and took on board what has been said instead of their blinkerd veiw...
  • xRIVALENx
    xRIVALENx
    ✭✭✭
    I think you are undervaluing the Restoration Staff ultimate...

Light's Champion: Your healing efforts are bolstered with mighty offensive and defensive forces. Every time you cast Panacea, any friendly target you heal also gains Major Force and Major Protection for 5 seconds increasing their Critical Damage done by 30% and reducing their damage taken by 30%.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You didn't have cheesy OP as an option.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How do you know magicka weapon ultis are bad?

Just by seeing a melee mageblade or a mDK using the DW and S/B ulti with better results than any other magicka ulti (even soul harvest)
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terrible poll.

No poll option to say I'm happy with them at all? Yeah there are balance issues we can work out but they're awesome additions to ESO.

Your poll (translated):
    1. Negative
    2. I hate them
    3. ESO sucks

Where is the option to say we actually think they're cool and that I'm excited for them to hit Live?

So much doom and gloom. Smh
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I want to test them myself, might find some niche use for all but they aren't exactly "OMG these are amazing" so they probably won't see much play from me overall, after my testing is done.

IF (and this is a big if) ZOS fixes the Ice Furnace set so that it gives a useful magic buff for its 4 piece and allow the 5th piece to proc on DoTs, I could myself potentially using the Ice destro staff ultimate for some possible shenanigans in PvP but the rest will never grace my hotbar again.
    Argonian forever
  • TheSpin
    TheSpin
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the destro staff is truly not as good as the stam ones, but so what? Magicka has more and cooler ults available in general, It makes sense that weapon ults would be a little friendlier for stamina builds because that's where ults are lacking.... that's just how I see it atleast.

Both of the 'better' morphs on my stamblade would be more powerful as a magicka user (10 ult per kill beats a stun any day).. I see the weapon ults as a way to actually be able to use an ult as intended.

The obvious argument to this is that stamina is currently higher dps/better or whatever, but if that's true I don't think it's a reason for this particular aspect to suffer. Make tweaks elsewhere. I would play stamina regardless of how it stacked up against magicka, I just never enjoyed casters in any mmo.
    Edited by TheSpin on September 30, 2016 10:59PM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina will eventually get balanced (or nerfed for the QQers) and then the Stam Ults will not seem as powerful.

Magicka Ults still need buffs regardless though.

The Destruction Staff Ult costs 250Ult. It should beat out Meteor (Shooting Star can return a ton of Ult), and should be on par with Standard of Might in its own way.

Currently it is not.
    Edited by Vaoh on September 30, 2016 11:06PM
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well frankly the poll options are lousy so no vote just commentary.

I am not impressed and wsnted more but hey its not like the goal was "six new ults that will make others obsolete"

That said... i will likely slot and level to morph each.

Destro ults do plenty of damage. Another big sack if damage. Not exciting. Still its likrly to see use in occasional circumstances like a swarm of bosses. Definitely a slot-for-need not a walk with normally.

Resto - cant ever see the need for that massive heal in my playstyles so commiting an ult to it... nah.

2h - makes sense in select circumstances but mostly the Pentagon values already lower resistances a lot so... hmm... doubt will see much use.

Dw - have to see it in okay. Might use but have to see.

Bow - bow is never my primary. A backbar damage ult is not that effective for me. Front bar is loaded with the passives trigger etc.

Shield: Maybe but burning an ult for mostly defense with already sub par dps weapons seems dubious. I typically keep damage ults slotted for my shield guys. So unlikely to be used.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• FeaR Turbo
    FeaR Turbo
    Class Representative
    I am happy with DW ult for PvE. Although I wish the healing ult for resto staff was better. Also rework sturdy horn and crescent sweep.