The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question on which set staff's would be best for?

Elmour0Fudd
Elmour0Fudd
✭✭
... Am using a Breton sorc as my starter learner for the game, classes are D magic, Daedric summon and storm call.
have made cp160 gold staff of death's wind (resto) , nice bit of kit base damage 1335, 2479 shock and set bonus's at gold level
have made the armour to link but is lower than cp 160.

first of all what is he?
stamsorc DM sorc have no clue as i'm still trying to work through all the modified languages used lol

second what would be most useful in armour set's for the poor squishy :)

third is there an acronym list anywhere so I don't have to ask dumb questions like these lol
Try Cat herding it's fun thay said you'll love it it's a good honest job........ bollock's you need Silverweave body armour to stop em fighting, but a stuffed mouse on a string can help!

• Snarrffffff

[/PC NA mainly dead Breton magic sorcerer b]

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Alg5EQDPhr8CemxApWeDYYkydrc

oh what fun

Best Answers

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Death's Wind, it is a decent set, and can work for some builds, probably a Tank. Although, at lower levels the Health boost can keep you alive. So, I can assume you know two Traits on Staves. Once you learn two traits on other gear, then you might want to look at Torug's Pact as that can increase spell power, give a health boost and increase spell resistance and make your weapon enchantments more powerful, which will be helpful to you.

What would be good is if you can find a Crafter who knows 6 Traits, then they can make you Julianos, a nice 5 piece set for Casters. Add in two pieces of Torugs Pact, and two pieces of Adroit and you have a pretty good cheap set to get you started. Then you just need to get some rings like Vicious Death or Willpower for more magic and or spell damage.

As for this whole magic or stamina thing. The current Meta of the game is to go all in on one resource or the other. So, your sets prefer Magic in your case, you use Magic boosting Glyphs, and your skills are all, or mostly all, magic based. Being a Hybrid is not as viable, although, can be made to work if you have a good grasp of the game mechanics and have the sets that support that. Most of us focus on Magic or Stamina.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • Elmour0Fudd
    Elmour0Fudd
    ✭✭
    Thank you Nestor have finally got some idea and am off doing Cadwell's bit now,
    will leave messing with the setup for now until I've at least done a full run through with my starter character....
    It'll teach me which character type would suit my general play style

cheer's

and yep question is answered for now
    Try Cat herding it's fun thay said you'll love it it's a good honest job........ bollock's you need Silverweave body armour to stop em fighting, but a stuffed mouse on a string can help!

• Snarrffffff

oh what fun
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Sorcerer is a Sorcerer who uses the Stamina Morphs and other Stamina skills. They typically use Melee Weapons (blades/bows)

A Magic Sorcerer uses Magic Morphs and other Magic Skills. They use a Staff typically.

So the first thing to figure out, are you Stamina or Magic? Once we know that, then we can recommend gear to use.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Elmour0Fudd
    Elmour0Fudd
    ✭✭
    guess that drops me into magic sorc. then thank's for that
    so really need to get this sorted lol
    no wonder I am so bad in PvP and dungeon's... not just my messed up joint's lol

• Snarrffffff

oh what fun
  • Elmour0Fudd
    Elmour0Fudd
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Death's Wind, it is a decent set, and can work for some builds, probably a Tank. Although, at lower levels the Health boost can keep you alive. So, I can assume you know two Traits on Staves. Once you learn two traits on other gear, then you might want to look at Torug's Pact as that can increase spell power, give a health boost and increase spell resistance and make your weapon enchantments more powerful, which will be helpful to you.

What would be good is if you can find a Crafter who knows 6 Traits, then they can make you Julianos, a nice 5 piece set for Casters. Add in two pieces of Torugs Pact, and two pieces of Adroit and you have a pretty good cheap set to get you started. Then you just need to get some rings like Vicious Death or Willpower for more magic and or spell damage.

As for this whole magic or stamina thing. The current Meta of the game is to go all in on one resource or the other. So, your sets prefer Magic in your case, you use Magic boosting Glyphs, and your skills are all, or mostly all, magic based. Being a Hybrid is not as viable, although, can be made to work if you have a good grasp of the game mechanics and have the sets that support that. Most of us focus on Magic or Stamina.

thank's again
    I can make up to 8 trait on some cp 160 stuff, so it's a case of find the best set to boost skill lines I have.

so now to find a listing of set's and work out the best,
    now I do know there are a fair few external sites that cover this so off I go along that learning path lol

will update tomorrow as it's 23:40 here and I need to sleep lol
    can make all in death's wind just didn't have metal to make armour at the time so other bit's cp 130-150
    just want to make sure i'm making the right set at cp160 legendary, is a lot of mat's to commit to something you mess up lol

Edited by Elmour0Fudd on September 30, 2016 10:45PM

• Snarrffffff

oh what fun