Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Random Daily Dungeon: Not Receiving Reward/Credit for Completion

theivorykitty
theivorykitty
✭✭✭
I seem to have found a bug in the Random Daily Dungeon system. When I try to do a random Daily Dungeon with my husband, I do not get the random daily dungeon credit mail and rewards (while he does).

This has happened twice now.

My husband invites me into a group (consisting of only us two), and he is the leader. He opens the party menu and selects 'Group Finder' and queues us for a random daily (normal) dungeon. When Group Finder puts us into a group, a message pops up on my screen telling me that I will be healer in XYZ dungeon, and I select 'F' to accept and teleport. I am teleported to the dungeon and complete it with the group as normal. At the end, I do not receive any mail or special XP for performing the random dungeon.

The Group Finder on my ESO is still marked as though I have not completed my random for the day.

I would also mention, in case it is important re the bug, that in both cases the Dungeon Finder seems to have matched us with another existing group of 2 players rather than 2 other un-grouped players. I noticed this, because on both occasions once we got into the dungeon my husband was no longer the group leader and one of the other players was instead.

Has anyone else experienced this?
  • Scorpionp
    Scorpionp
    Soul Shriven
    It is a bug, and altough I haven't seen Zos or anyone official admitting to it, the leader of the party, is the only one receiving the mail and the experience atm :) we need to hope they'll fix this fast
    European - Daggerfall Covenant

Torean - level 38 Imperial WereWolf DragonKnight - Dual Wield Swords and Sword and Shield
  • theivorykitty
    theivorykitty
    ✭✭✭
    Scorpionp wrote: »
    It is a bug, and altough I haven't seen Zos or anyone official admitting to it, the leader of the party, is the only one receiving the mail and the experience atm :) we need to hope they'll fix this fast

Thanks, I was starting to think I was the only one experiencing this. I've received the loot from other random dungeon parties now (since posting this) using the same procedure (Group with husband, get into queue, auto tp to dungeon) - So, I am pretty much 100% positive it is specifically when the dungeon finder puts two existing groups together that this bug occurs.

I guess maybe there aren't enough people playing in persistent pairs for this issue to be widely experienced and addressed.

Thanks again!
  • theivorykitty
    theivorykitty
    ✭✭✭
    I've been able to re-create this bug three+ times now, so I'm positive that it works as follows:

If two existing groups (of 2 players each) use the Group Finder to find a group for a Random Normal Dungeon (Daily) and the Group Finder joins them into one group, the two group members that were not group leaders of the two sub-groups do NOT receive any credit for completing the Daily Random Normal Dungeon, nor do they receive rewards in the mail, nor does the Group Finder mark the activity as complete.

The two group leaders do get credit as normal.
  • theivorykitty
    theivorykitty
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and also, this was not fixed with Tamriel One. I just had it happen again today. I checked with the other non-group-leader and he also did not receive credit.
  • Kandore_the_Shadow
    Kandore_the_Shadow
    Soul Shriven
    This just happened to me last night. I grouped with a friend (she was gonna tank and at the time was group leader and I was heals) and we were matched with two other DPS players. One of the other players became group leader upon the creation of the new group. We completed the dungeon & the dungeon finder quest thing said we had completed all of the objectives, but no reward.

I entered a ticket, but only received a response about what should happen (I should get a reward within 20 hours of completing it). I'm waiting for the 20 hour mark and then I'll follow up again. How frustrating :/
  • theivorykitty
    theivorykitty
    ✭✭✭
    This just happened to me last night. I grouped with a friend (she was gonna tank and at the time was group leader and I was heals) and we were matched with two other DPS players. One of the other players became group leader upon the creation of the new group. We completed the dungeon & the dungeon finder quest thing said we had completed all of the objectives, but no reward.

I entered a ticket, but only received a response about what should happen (I should get a reward within 20 hours of completing it). I'm waiting for the 20 hour mark and then I'll follow up again. How frustrating :/

Yeah this has been a problem for a long time, and has gotten worse with the new patches - now it can happen if there is any pre-existing group, not just 2 mashed together with another group of 2. I still have never received an official response, though I've posted about it and /bugged it many times.
  • hangin_curveb14_ESO
    Happens almost every time now. It was just if you had the the two, now it happens if you have three in a pre-exsisitng group.

It would be nice if we got some update on it.
    Edited by hangin_curveb14_ESO on February 22, 2017 6:11AM
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    So.. if you're not in a group, it "probably" works ok?

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Greybeards & Gals Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • theivorykitty
    theivorykitty
    ✭✭✭
    parkham wrote: »
    So.. if you're not in a group, it "probably" works ok?

I think after this latest patch it works if you're all by yourself queuing, yes.
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    I've been able to re-create this bug three+ times now, so I'm positive that it works as follows:

If two existing groups (of 2 players each) use the Group Finder to find a group for a Random Normal Dungeon (Daily) and the Group Finder joins them into one group, the two group members that were not group leaders of the two sub-groups do NOT receive any credit for completing the Daily Random Normal Dungeon, nor do they receive rewards in the mail, nor does the Group Finder mark the activity as complete.

The two group leaders do get credit as normal.

I was about ready to post the same thing. This was also "confirmed" on Reddit as well.

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Greybeards & Gals Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild