Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Has anyone tested the Destro ultimate?

Bandit1215
Bandit1215
✭✭✭
Everyone says the destro ultimate is garbage but has anyone tested to see how much damage they can get it to do?
Edited by Bandit1215 on October 1, 2016 1:01PM
CP 561
  • vSO HM - Completed
  • vAA - Completed
  • vHRC - Completed

Best Answer

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's actually not bad. As someone pointed out already, it does not have the burst potential of something like meteor, but it does add more pressure to whatever you're doing. I probably wouldn't use this ultimate on a magblade, but I could see myself using it on every other class.
    The only thing that would prevent me using it is the cost. It's too expensive. If you look at something like standard of might - that is also expensive, but at the same time it does more than the destro ultimate, so that's fair enough. This ultimate is unnecessarily expensive and needs to be lowered quite a bit to make it truly viable.
    Answer ✓
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, it can do a lot of dmg, but it's not the Burst Dmg that Magicka builds needed for PvP.
    Edited by Mashille on October 2, 2016 10:25AM
    House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is definitely not garbage . It is better than Meteor in some cases . Mostly AOE . First boss of vMoL for example . It adds much more DPS than Meteor due to higher radius . Meteor is still better in single target though . If you ask me , Meteor is still the way to go .

It is also good for standing ground in PvP . It does a lot of damage . Not burst but a lot of damage if you don't get out .
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too expensive to be truly usefull for anything. It's not a valid AoE ult, because we have meteor, which costs 2,5 times less than elemental storm and let's not even talk about single target.

It's garbage.
    Edited by Dracane on October 1, 2016 12:04AM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Too expansive to be truly usefull for anything. It's not a valid AoE ult, because we have meteor, which costs 2,5 times less than elemental storm and let's not even talk about single target.

It's garbage.

But the radius of the meteor dot is puny.

• timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are a number of AoE trash in various places throughout the game where the ultimate will be nice like the last huge trash wash before the Warrior in Hel Ra. Mainly places with a ton of mobs that can't easily be stacked. There are very few boss situations that you'd want to use it in though.

AoEing trash mobs aside, here are the trial boss situations in which it might have some use:
    1. Maybe toward the later end of vMoL boss two if the chainers don't get the mages stacked in meteor range on the dark side. Though, meteor is better unless the chainers are being bad.
    2. MAYBE vMoL hard mode if the assassins, hulk, and boss aren't in range of each other, but my group has only just started hm progression on this, so I am not even really qualified to guess on this. Meteor is probably better.
    3. vMoL boss 1 if the cats aren't stacked close enough to the boss .
    4. Hel Ra boss one if the adds at the start don't get stacked near the boss as they should be.
    5. Hel Ra upstairs boss if the radius is wide enough to hit two of the boss clones. Not sure if it is quite wide enough for that.
    6. Hel Ra HM if you are trying to revive the burn everything strat.

1-6 does not apply to DK*
    Edited by timidobserver on October 1, 2016 2:08AM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you imply, that this ultimate is at best a niche ability, while all other weapon ultimates are usefull at any given time.
    Sounds balanced, considering the cost difference between them.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Bandit1215
    Bandit1215
    ✭✭✭
    Too expensive to be truly usefull for anything. It's not a valid AoE ult, because we have meteor, which costs 2,5 times less than elemental storm and let's not even talk about single target.

It's garbage.

In addition to the dot being really tiny, people just hold block for 2 seconds to negate all the damage up front
    CP 561
    • vSO HM - Completed
    • vAA - Completed
    • vHRC - Completed

• Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The damage is lower and cost 25% more than meteor. So for Single Target is losses out.
    In AoE situations, Nova and DK standard cost the same, have similar range and provide a load of utility.
    Veil of Blades might not have much of a radius but it's cheaper than Elemental Storm and has utility and Soul Tether is a pretty bursty AoE stun.
    Can't speak much for Sorcs as I'm not overly familiar with them but they might have some minor use of an AoE ultimate but that doesn't really help them that much as it just further ties the class to the Destro staff they loath so greatly.
    Argonian forever
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you imply, that this ultimate is at best a niche ability, while all other weapon ultimates are usefull at any given time.

Can't meteor be blocked?

I'd rather an AOE ultimate that actually hits versus a waste of a meteor when the other player blocks it ...

(Not disputing the cost here ... the destro ultimate is expensive to cast ... )
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meteor can be blocked, when used by a not so good player.
    Sorcs while streak or rune cage
    Dks will use petrify
    Nightblade can use Mass hysteria

Templars would be stuck with essence drain (which is a great ability though)

So yea, there are ways to make your meteor hit unmitigated. Don't be lazy :)
    Everyone has access to block breaking abilities.
    Streak does not break block, but it's good to prevent people from doing so.
    Edited by Dracane on October 1, 2016 9:11PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • X3ina
    X3ina
    ✭✭✭
    I just hate fossilize + meteor combo ...
    SW GoH > ESO
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Can't meteor be blocked?

I'd rather an AOE ultimate that actually hits versus a waste of a meteor when the other player blocks it ...

(Not disputing the cost here ... the destro ultimate is expensive to cast ... )

Meteor is guaranteed to hit your target every time. Sure they can block it, but it is absolutely going to hit them. All you have to do it break their block before it hits. On the other hand, this thing sits on the ground for 2 seconds before doing anything.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    X3ina wrote: »
    I just hate fossilize + meteor combo ...

It is very effective though :) classic
    Timing Inhale+Meteor and then lash spam can take most opponents down, provided you are not a full tank.
    In my opinion, DK is a class that demands for high damage builds. I have seen what they are capable of.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dks will use petrify

Why is that lazy?

There are a lot of proponents of meteor over the destro ultimate ... which I can get on board with in a controlled PvE vacuum.

However, no one seems to mention a PvP environment where semi-skilled to skilled players know when to block a meteor when they see it ...
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dks will use petrify

Why is that lazy?

There are a lot of proponents of meteor over the destro ultimate ... which I can get on board with in a controlled PvE vacuum.

However, no one seems to mention a PvP environment where semi-skilled to skilled players know when to block a meteor when they see it ...

I gave you the answer already. Use some block breaking ability if needed :)
    Problem solved.

And I mean, Meteor is an ult with medium cost. It gets reduced significantly even if it only hits 1 target, down to semi low cost.
    A failing meteor is not as fatal as an ultimate, that costs 250 ultimate, which is not going to hit any target at all because everyone will be gone by then.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.

The damage is really really strong. The cost is really high to. For straight max total damage this is hardest hitting ultimate in the game.

It does not have the utility of ice comet or shooting star with mages guild passives but and the ultimate cost is high but it is by no means what a time of people on the forums have made it out to be.

Eye of the storm will be a decent PVP skill if used correctly.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ice Destro Ult immobilizes all inside every second for the duration. Insanely op given the radius for PvP. It's going to change Defending Keeps.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Bandit1215
    Bandit1215
    ✭✭✭
    I I were to ever use this ultimate it would be on a magicka NB with winter born and ice staff to spam roots on people so they stay in the AOE. Ice clench + ice blockade + crippling grasp all while inside the ice destroy ultimate would mean perma root.
    Edited by Bandit1215 on October 1, 2016 11:47PM
    CP 561
    • vSO HM - Completed
    • vAA - Completed
    • vHRC - Completed

• Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    The lightning version looks really cool so i will probably be using it for that reason alone.
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's the thing.....why is it even a discussion if Elemental Rage is stronger than Meteor or not? It should be much stronger than Meteor!

In PvP, anything can work. You can fit this skill on a build because there are tons of cheesy mechanics you can use. Elemental Storm will be strong for organized zergers.

But in PvE?

Fiery Rage (neither Ice nor Storm are on par with Fire for this Ult in terms of DPS, and provide no mentionable utility outside of PvP)
    • Large Radius
    • 250 Ult Cost
    • Deals a high DoT

Shooting Star
    • Medium Radius
    • 200 Ult Cost
    • Deals great burst damage and a high DoT
    • Inflicts an AoE buggy knockdown
    • Returns 12 Ult per enemy hit, up to 60Ult
    • Grants 2% Maximum Magicka while slotted
    • Grants 2% Magivka Recovery while slotted
    • Grants Empower (20% more damage) to your next attack

Standard of Might
    • Medium Radius
    • 250 Ult Cost
    • Deals High DoT damage, further buffed by Dragonknight passives
    • Applies an AoE Major Defile
    • Allows a nice synergy effect for dealing fire damage with a lengthy root
    • Increase all of your damage by 19% for the entire duration while nearby
    • Decrease all damage taken by 19% for the entire duration while nearby

As it stands, I wouldn't even consider slotting this Ultimate for PvE. Shooting Star alone beats its, but thre are also Ults like Standard of Might that make Fiery Rage look pitiful.

Buff again plz. Take a look at how strong the Stamina Ults are for inspiration. They are deadly. Make this Ultimate worth 250Ult without the lack of strength that a 150 cost Ultimate should have.
    Edited by Vaoh on October 2, 2016 12:15AM
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dks will use petrify

What do you mean Streak doesn't break block?! I thought it did!
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dks will use petrify

Nope. It is easy to catch someone with their block down though because it is such a quick skill.

Something like Curse-->Meteor-->Streak should work perfectly.
    Edited by Vaoh on October 2, 2016 2:36AM
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ice Destro Ult immobilizes all inside every second for the duration. Insanely op given the radius for PvP. It's going to change Defending Keeps.

Except that it can only immobilize six people.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dks will use petrify

Streak can break NPC blocks, because that's an unfixed bug. Because streak used to be unblockable years ago.
    But the devs fix most things against players, but forgot to do the same to NPC's.

It can't break player blocks.
    A myth, just like many people believing, force shock is not reflectable :D even though it is.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    destro staff is considered a 2 hand wep,can we instead have the 2hand ultimate? Didn't think so.
  • RavenRoxie
    RavenRoxie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mashille wrote: »
    Do you mean 'Destro' as in Destruction Staff.

Yeah, it can do a lot of dmg, but it's not the Burst Dmg that Magicka builds needed for PvP.

Your awful attempt to correct this guys "ESO Grammar" just made me vomit in my *** mouth a bit. :/
    Edited by RavenRoxie on October 2, 2016 10:25AM
    Phantogram DC | Wood Elf | Magicka Nightblade/ | DPS | 856cp
    False Paradox | AD | Wood Elf | Non Combative Nightblade | Crafter | 856cp
    @RoxieParadoxx | Twitch | Twitter