Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are proc sets out of control?

caperon
caperon
✭✭✭✭
Anyone who has visited Cyrodiil latelly must have experienced the beauty of proc sets. Yesterday i was in Azura (no CP) i wear 5 heavy impen pieces and got opened by a nb with a heavy atack (4.3k dmg) that proced Velidreth (6.4k dmg) and red mountain (4.2k dmg) fora total of 15k instant dmg. In my opinion thats a problem, making everyone run instakill proc builds or cancer builds (reactive, malubeth, permablocking blackrose).

We are at 1.6 again, this time because wrong itemiation decisions, so, are proc sets out of control?
Edited by caperon on October 11, 2016 4:51PM

Are proc sets out of control? 247 votes

Yay
88%
Baphometdefilade__ESOCavalryPKrfennell_ESOSolarikenKikazaruWatchYourSixxkevlarto_ESOarkansas_ESOColoursYouHaveDeadlyRecluseFatalyiscschwingeb14_ESOErock25KovaOlernJsmallsrxw003b14_ESOkaithuzarKas 218 votes
Nay
11%
SirAndyCireousperogwin_ESOGilvothlolo_01b16_ESODUTCH_REAPERZoM_HeadGothrenmertustaVorcillonewolf26Mercer29DHaleMoltyrxylenabowmanz607Methariornacw37162GhettokidMLCBS 29 votes
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until 1T I say yes, only because of the highly limited options.

Right now, only stamina has proc sets that really shine in 1v1 PvP (and therefore also group play) but magicka has some really weak ones. Nerien'th (sp?) and Skoria, only Skoria is useable but until the buff isn't as good.

But once all these new sets drop, it'll be more proccing, but less lop sided.

The thing I do like about the proc sets, is they give builds more venues to kill. Like DoT builds, they have a hard time bursting (can be very important with all the temps and purge out there) but a proc set can give them just enough burst to finish off opponents.

Getting ganked sucks, but they don't need a proc set for that...

(Lookin at you 25k Heavy Attack DK dude)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    Procs sets are definitely cool, but they are too strong right now.

Something like 2x Velidreth/5x Viper's Sting is far too effective for PvP to ever be balanced. Pairing that with Black Rose is even more messed up.
    Edited by Vaoh on September 30, 2016 6:04PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

Something like 2x Velidreth/5x Viper's Sting is far too effective for PvP to ever be balanced. Pairing that with Black Rose is even more messed up.

Only because of competition though. Remember everything is variable. If there (and there maybe) a defensive combo as good, or a magicka version as good, then those would all be balanced ya know?
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    That sounds like pretty big power creep.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yay
    I only use Viper, cant really say anything for the other sets but Viper is very strong. All though against most heavies it doesnt do a whole lot.

I do think all these proc sets need to be tuned down but also some ultimates. Healing and heavy sustain may need a tweak to.
    PS4 NA DC
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    If I slot Viper I can have more regen and more damage than my so called sustain magic build...
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yay
    Vaoh wrote: »

Only because of competition though. Remember everything is variable. If there (and there maybe) a defensive combo as good, or a magicka version as good, then those would all be balanced ya know?

The problem is that they rely on RNG and are out of proportion compared to standard stats. I mean, you've seen the upcoming sets that offer pure stats, right? When you need to put that many stats on a set bonus just to make someone consider using it instead of some rng proc sets, something is seriously wrong with how powerful sets are in general.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • incite
    incite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    Zos created a new type of gameplay called 'PvS'
    (People vs Sets) well done.
    PC EU

no1 knows me, no1 cares about me but sshh, don't tell

• Mauz
    Mauz
    ✭✭✭
    Yay
    The majority of my death screens this week included one or more set procs. It'll become even worse after the next content patch.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    incite wrote: »

You mean SvS ... cause why would one be people and one be sets...?

Unless people are purposely not using sets... but then why would you purposely hinder yourself?
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    It's not going to get fixed until magicka gets a couple of decent proc sets and the stam tears start flowing.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proc sets are Developers favorite toys here . Balancing them has been a crash course in failure on the PvP side . They keep making these sets with what appears to be a PvE mindset , and then just hope after minimal testing , they function in PvP land .

This is why I didn't vote . In PvE they work most of the time to create new play style as intended . In PvP they are a number one cause of early baldness .
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think us older players need to work on our mindsets

20k health no longer minimum
    40k stam/magicka no longer OMG
    5000 weapon dmg, no longer OMG
    HA viable
    10k death recap no longer OMG
    Battle Spirit more than necessary now
    Proc Sets now standard

Edit: 30k dps average now
    Edited by Waffennacht on October 1, 2016 6:37PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    If @ZOS_BrianWheeler would give us another few thousand HP in Battle Spirit, it's possible those burst-proc sets wouldn't be quite so potent in PvP. Right now it's detrimental to put too many points into HP if you want to still have enough damage to kill even average players. What do you guys think?
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    caperon wrote: »
    Anyone who has visited Cyrodiil latelly must have experienced the beauty of proc sets. Yesterday i was in Azura (no CP) i wear 5 heavy impen pieces and got opened by a nb with a heavy atack (4.3k dmg) that p`roced Velidreth (6.4k dmg) and red mountain (4.2k dmg) fora total of 15k instant dmg. In my opinion thats a problem, making everyone run instakill proc builds or cancer builds (reactive, malubeth, permablocking blackrose).

We are at 1.6 again, this time because wrong itemiation decisions, so, are proc sets out of control?

Cyrodiil is now death by armor, not by skill. Just saying. @Wrobel should revisit the itemization and not make more of these procced sets and possibly remove some of the more cancerous ones, (velidreth, viper, widowmaker)

There are ok procced sets like Kra'gh and Skoria.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yay
    Solariken wrote: »
    If @ZOS_BrianWheeler would give us another few thousand HP in Battle Spirit, it's possible those burst-proc sets wouldn't be quite so potent in PvP. Right now it's detrimental to put too many points into HP if you want to still have enough damage to kill even average players. What do you guys think?

I think that would bring with it a plethora of further problems. Such as making less damage focused builds even less viable.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    Interesting...

Not a single no voting reem job decided to post yet.
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    Proc sets that have a 10% proc chance on damage aren't that bad. But Viper is the worst implementation. Guaranteed damage on a short cooldown makes it stupidly easy to set up burst. And velidreth's 20% chance seems a bit high
    Edited by cschwingeb14_ESO on October 1, 2016 10:37PM
  • incite
    incite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    incite wrote: »

You mean SvS ... cause why would one be people and one be sets...?

Unless people are purposely not using sets... but then why would you purposely hinder yourself?

Well im still hardcore pvp mag sorc, so no proclets here :-)
    PC EU

no1 knows me, no1 cares about me but sshh, don't tell

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @incite they'll get ya in 1T, everyone gets a proc set! Lol
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    Proc sets should telegraph, a circle. A chance to dodge and escape.

12-15K on a light attack is just stupid.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    olsborg wrote: »
    caperon wrote: »
    Anyone who has visited Cyrodiil latelly must have experienced the beauty of proc sets. Yesterday i was in Azura (no CP) i wear 5 heavy impen pieces and got opened by a nb with a heavy atack (4.3k dmg) that p`roced Velidreth (6.4k dmg) and red mountain (4.2k dmg) fora total of 15k instant dmg. In my opinion thats a problem, making everyone run instakill proc builds or cancer builds (reactive, malubeth, permablocking blackrose).

Cyrodiil is now death by armor, not by skill. Just saying. @Wrobel should revisit the itemization and not make more of these procced sets and possibly remove some of the more cancerous ones, (velidreth, viper, widowmaker)

There are ok procced sets like Kra'gh and Skoria.

I have the feeling you´re going to revisit your statement regarding skoria when it got buffed next patch ;)
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yay
    @wrobel come on man look at this poll!
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • lappas
    lappas
    ✭✭✭
    Nay
    Its not op stop calling for nerfs on everything do you not understand you are ruining the game? These guys only build for dmg and after that inital burst i laugh and taket them down quite quickly. Just because you do not know how to counter certain builds does not make it op.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yay
    lappas wrote: »
    Its not op stop calling for nerfs on everything do you not understand you are ruining the game? These guys only build for dmg and after that inital burst i laugh and taket them down quite quickly. Just because you do not know how to counter certain builds does not make it op.

They actually build for sustain and rely on their procs for dmg.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    Just been hit with Viper's sting/Poison Injection/Poisoned weapon proc......where is the melee attack?

And the viper's sting was the highest damage I took in that second, almost higher than the other two put together.
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    I say they need to make it so a set proc can't proc another sets proc my viper shouldn't proc my velidreth and so on and so forth.If my veldrith procs my viper should be put in cool down.#Balance.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Zorgon_The_Revenged i believe melee means any stamina move with or within x distance, or some such thing, not necessarily done via hand weapon (strange i know)
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eternal hunt's poison rune procs viper aswell. :trollface:

Tbh I don't mind proc sets, as long as it's not 2-3 of them proccing at the same time....
    EU | PC
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    Having a proc set proc a proc set that in turn procs a proc set is such incredibly bad design that it has firmly cemented my feelings about Wrobel's professional qualities.