The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Change to CP Star: Reduce effect of Snares instead of Befoul

ManDraKE
ManDraKE
✭✭✭✭✭
Befoul is a star that is pretty much useless unless you are running a healing debuff build, and snares are out of control on PvP, EVERYTHING have a snare on this days, plenty of skills and sets that provides up to 70% snare (that stacks with other sources of snare). As a stam user you have to spam shuffle a lot, and as a magika user, well...you are [SNIP], 0 mobility.

My idea is to replace the green star that "increase the effectiveness of healing reduction abilities", to a star that "reduce the effect and duration of snares" (from 0-40% or something like that).

This will be WAY more useful than Befoul, that is only being used for builds stacking healing debuff (fasallas, major defile, minor defile, durok's bane, etc), those builds are powerful enough even without Befoul.

EDIT A FEW MINS LATTER: i don't have the game here, but google remind me that there is a star on the red tree that does exactly this, i forgot about it, but for a reason, is useless there. In the place of beoful have a lot more sense, and it should scale higger than 25% in order to be effective, snares values are really high
Edited by ZOS_PeterT on September 30, 2016 7:17PM
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All 100 points in that passive does is have you immobilised by talons for 3 seconds instead of 4 lol. Kinda pointless tbh.
    The snare issue is a lot better now after the bombard nerf though, and next update movement speed is being increased by 10%. You still need snares to be effective in pvp to some degree so I would be careful about how you go about nerfing them. Otherwise you'll have a group of super slippery stamina builds scattering off in every direction and it'll be hard to pin them down. I prefer active counters like using an ability such as rapids (which got nerfed pretty hard).

Edit: If you wanted to buff the ironclad passive you could make it also reduce the effectiveness of snares. At the moment it just says it reduces duration. So for instance Caltrops snares you for 70%, with 100 points in ironclad it would only slow you by 46%.
    Edited by IxSTALKERxI on October 1, 2016 4:51AM
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove the charge snare...
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have a simpler idea, give rapid regen the same root/snare immunity forward momentum has.
    Iyas wrote: »
    Remove the charge snare...
    Also this.