Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alliance War Horse could be a super horse?

gavinp
gavinp

The Alliance War Horse is completely covered in armour. I think some of the horses have different starting stats than others. Maybe this horse will have a huge boast to stamina cause its covered in armour? Maybe this thing will cost like 10,000 crowns? I guess Zos is keeping this a secret till its released October 5th. Lots of hype.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    These were just normal horses - cosmetic only - when I tested them on PTS.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All mounts are cosmetic, it tells you this every time you train.
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is just a normal horse. Horses haven't had different starting stats for a long time.
    PC/EU DC
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    gavinp wrote: »
    The Alliance War Horse is completely covered in armour. I think some of the horses have different starting stats than others. Maybe this horse will have a huge boast to stamina cause its covered in armour? Maybe this thing will cost like 10,000 crowns? I guess Zos is keeping this a secret till its released October 5th. Lots of hype.

Mounts haven't had different starting stats since 1.5. They removed the bonus from the stable mounts because nobody would buy cash shop crap if what you get in game is better.
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of they are purchasable through crowns there will be no difference other than appearance. What OP describes would be a P2W fiasco.
  • gavinp
    gavinp

Yep I did a little googling they changed it in a patch. Looks like this horse will just be cosmetic.
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of they are purchasable through crowns there will be no difference other than appearance. What OP describes would be a P2W fiasco.

According to many people on the forums half the game is p2w, so there's that.
  • dotlife
    dotlife
    ✭✭
    superherohorse_zpsc32fe364.jpg

SUPERHORSE says hello.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dotlife wrote: »

SUPERHORSE says hello.

I would so buy this .
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

SUPERHORSE says hello.

It's missing the red cape though...
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • Unsent.Soul
      Unsent.Soul
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      alexkdd99 wrote: »

Gotta let the conspiracy theory, tin hat, believers hang on to something. Those "many" people clearly don't know P2W.
    • Soundwave
      Soundwave
      ✭✭✭

Gotta let the conspiracy theory, tin hat, believers hang on to something. Those "many" people clearly don't know P2W.

Pay2Win is any game that sells players useful items or services which lets them progress significantly faster or gives them a significant advantage over non-paying customers. This is pretty much everything that is not cosmetic, and it applies to PvP and PvE alike.

So basically XP scrolls, mount training, bag space. Even if they arent r a significant advantage. Its still advantage over someone that hasn't spent a dime besides buying base game. So realistically there so small p2w options in eso.
    • Unsent.Soul
      Unsent.Soul
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Soundwave wrote: »

Pay2Win is any game that sells players useful items or services which lets them progress significantly faster or gives them a significant advantage over non-paying customers. This is pretty much everything that is not cosmetic, and it applies to PvP and PvE alike.

So basically XP scrolls, mount training, bag space. Even if they arent r a significant advantage. Its still advantage over someone that hasn't spent a dime besides buying base game. So realistically there so small p2w options in eso.

Understandable. Thats a discussion in other threads, as is. I shouldn't have brought it up in the first place.
    • Soundwave
      Soundwave
      ✭✭✭

Understandable. Thats a discussion in other threads, as is. I shouldn't have brought it up in the first place.

It happens, frustration gets the best of us. :wink:
    • WalksonGraves
      WalksonGraves
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah in pvp having a glowing horse that can be spotted from a mile away is a huge advantage.
    • FriedEggSandwich
      FriedEggSandwich
      ✭✭✭✭✭

I've always understood pay to win as being able to buy something in game with real money that is better or stronger than anything equivalent you can get through normal means in game. So an exclusive weapon or apparel that happens to be stronger than all weapons/apparel you could get in game. Such an item would give you a permanent advantage over players who didn't pay for such an item.

I understand what you describe as simply pay to advance faster. Currently the items you can buy in the crown store give you a temporary or time advantage at most; an advantage that non-paying players could achieve by just spending more time in game.
      PC | EU
    • Vipstaakki
      Vipstaakki
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I am gonna spend some of my subscription crowns to an Alliance war horse. That will be a third mount in my collection.
    • Mojmir
      Mojmir
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Kendaric wrote: »

SUPERHORSE says hello.

It's missing the red cape though...

you sure you want zos to do that? Lmao
    • ArchMikem
      ArchMikem
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      gavinp wrote: »

Considering I've seen Armored Bears easily outrunning my Lioness, I highly doubt the stats are different, much less true to nature.
      CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
      Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    • Danikat
      Danikat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Mounts were very different during the first year of the game. The only ones available were the 4 horses you can buy with gold, the white imperial horse and the palomino.

Firstly they were all character bound. If you bought a horse on one character only they would be able to use it, your other characters would have to buy their own horses.

Secondly some of them did have different stats. The brown horse was the basic one (which is why it's so much cheaper) and the white and palomino horses were the same. But the other 3 started with higher stats in one category each, and the cap for that category was higher too. If I remember correctly the paint horse had higher bag capacity, the black horse had higher stamina and the bay had higher speed.

They changed it in update 1.6 to the current system where all mounts are unlocked account-wide, all start with the same stats and stat increases apply to all mounts on your character. This was partially because they were awarding all long-term players with a new mount (the striped senche) and that would be a pretty poor gift if you had to start over training it, but mostly because they were bringing in the crown store and no one was going to pay real money for a mount that's worse than the ones they've already got.

(Regardless of the motive I think this is a pretty good system. It may not be as realistic but it's a lot more convenient.)

It's highly unlikely they'd go back to the old system now. Especially for just 1 mount.
      PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"