The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

(Question) How many different dailies are there for Thieves' Guild? I keep getting the same 2 or 3.

Dahveed
Dahveed
✭✭✭✭✭

I'm talking about the bulletin board in the Guild itself as well as the one outside beside Spencer Rye (the missing items quests).

So far for Spencer's retrieval quests I've only ever gotten 3 of them and they keep repeating over and over again, after about 20 tries.

Same goes for the Thieves' Guild bulletin board: If my memory serves me correctly I only ever keep getting the same pickpocketing quests (i.e. either 10 items or 3 "personal items" or whatever), the only thing that changes is the location, which usually ends up being either Auridon or Greenwood.

Is that really all there is or am I just unlucky? I was looking forward to doing these sneaky-sneak quests to improve my character's skills (I'm still very low level), but it's disappointing how repetitive they seem to be.

Thanks for any advice!

PS - Not sure if it's worth mentioning but I haven't progressed very far in the Guild's MQ - I think I'm up to the point where I just met whats-her-name, the ex-Guild member, so may 2 or 3 stages in. Maybe the quests improve as you advance rank?
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unlucky; IIRC Spencer has a quest for each world boss and each delve, so four total. The tip board can be different if you leave and come back, and I believe there are four different quests there too.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The tip board has pickpocketing quests, safebox-cracking quests, and quests where you deliver laundered goods to a NPC. The quests cycle randomly each time you look at the board, so if you prefer a certain type of quest you can keep canceling and re-checking until you get it. For example, the "laundry" delivering quests tend to be quite easy if you have a stash of rewards from previous quests, so you can reject the other types until you get one of those.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • LaucianNailor
    LaucianNailor
    ✭✭✭
    There is also the daily heist quest (board near the sewer grate entrance) but this only appears after a number of the main story quests have completed.
    Mac/PC EU Server

Lots of alts....561+ CP
    Inside Trade Guild
  • Dahveed
    Dahveed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright thanks guys, I didn't realize it was so easy to recycle the quests. I'll give it a try.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully with One Tamriel, they will be able to flesh out the Recovery Quests. It would not be that hard, just put an item in a Delve anywhere and tell the player to go fetch it.

I like the Pickpocket/Lockbox/Countess quests as they make me go back to areas that I did not have a reason to go back to. I also found a lot of Quest locked Lore Books laying around by doing these.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Dahveed
    Dahveed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... Just tried "recycling" the quests and it didn't seem to work.

I accepted the quest, abandoned it again, rinse repeat.

Also tried about 10 times in a row to access the board, leave, access again, etc.

(I only tried the Spencer Rye retrieval quests, I had already completed the daily Guild quest.)

Maybe it's because of a Guild level requirement?
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dahveed wrote: »
    So... Just tried "recycling" the quests and it didn't seem to work.

I accepted the quest, abandoned it again, rinse repeat.

Also tried about 10 times in a row to access the board, leave, access again, etc.

(I only tried the Spencer Rye retrieval quests, I had already completed the daily Guild quest.)

Maybe it's because of a Guild level requirement?

Spencer Rye's can't be cycled, the tip board ones can be.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    There are basically 3 different ones on the tip board: Pickpocket people; Loot safeboxes; Deliver laundered items. They'll take you to different places to add variety. These ones are repeatable so as soon as you finish one you can pick up a new one. You can keep looking at the tip board and backing out if you want to do a specific one (I keep a stack of laundered items on me and only ever do the covetous countess one as it's the quickest)

There are 4 for spencer rye that take you to the world bosses and delves in hews bane. These are daily however if you group up they can be shared so it's possible to do all 4 in the same day.

There are 5 heists which are the sneaking around ones it sounds like you're looking for. The chests in the heists can be in different locations to add variety. Im guessing you're not a high enough level in the thieves guild skill line for these ones to have opened up yet. Keep doing the others and the story quests to raise your level and you'll get to do these ones.
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673