The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Opinions on morphs?

Illurian
Illurian
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi all,

I've been having some dilemmas with some morphs, and was wondering if you guys could help me decide on the "better" one. For context, I play a healing magplar for primarily PvE, but I do do some PvP as well, weekly.

Templar skills:
  • Cleansing Ritual - Extended Ritual vs Ritual of Retribution? I went with Extended Ritual for the cleanses but I've seen a lot of people say that Ritual of Retribution is better?
  • Right of Passage - Remembrance vs Practiced Incantation? I went with Remembrance due to the 20% damage reduction and I assumed that the full duration would heal any group up to full regardless, but I'm not sure if I made the right choice.
  • I am assuming that Healing Ritual (and both morphs) are useless, even though I have Lingering Ritual maxed out.

Restoration staff skills:
  • Regeneration - Rapid Regeneration vs Mutagen? Probably the most split skill in terms of opinions that I've read. I went with Rapid Regeneration as I figured that if my allies fell below 20%, chances are they would be dead anyway, but is Mutagen actually worthwhile?
  • Siphon spirit - I maxed Siphon Spirit but I read somewhere that the skill is extremely outdated and thus useless, is this true?

Destruction staff skills:
  • Wall of Elements - Unstable Wall of Elements vs Elemental Blockade? I read that most people consider Elemental Blockade the best option for AoE even though it does less damage. Is it purely because of the AoE?

Thank you all for any help you can provide!
Kiss the chaos.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    On a magica build, Retribution. You have enough magica to use twice if you have more than 2 debuffs. Extended is great on a stamplar though.

Not sure about right of passage. Not many people seem to use it to be honest. There are better ultimates depending on the situation to be honest.

Yes, the skill is trash.

Syphon spirit is still good. The morph that gives magica back is the most common.

Elemental blockade. Unstable gives you spies damage, but the radius is so small nothing will be on it when it explodes anyway. Go blockade for more radius.
    Edited by Brrrofski on September 28, 2016 3:49PM
  • Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply @Brrrofski! What are your thoughts on Regeneration?
    Kiss the chaos.
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    IMO

Extended Ritual for Healer. I went Retribution first, but if your DPS is decent the damage component is not really needed. I prefer the longer duration as its one less buff I need to worry about reapplying, and allows me to focus on other things.

Right of Passage: I don't use it. I think of it as more of a troll PVP skill. I don't like that it takes you out of the action, and you should be able to heal people without it. I use Aggressive Warhorn to buff the group, or Meteor for damage.

Healing Ritual is worthless

I opt for Rapid Regen as I like the more frequent ticks. Between that and extend ritual ticks most members stay topped off unless taking a big hit, at which point I'm usually ready to pop BOL. Just my preference.

Siphon Spirit is a good skill. Especially in trials as it helps your Mag DPS sustain. I usually do not slot in in 4 man groups though which is what I mainly run with my healer.

+1 on Blockade
    Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you PvP at all on a semi-regular basis as a Templar, I would say take extended ritual. 5 removed effects are FAR superior to the damage it grants. If you don't PvP, retribution is the way to go. For my part, if I ever get damaged by a Templar purify in PvP, I know they are doing it wrong.

Remembrance I have found is by far the better option, because it's the only one I've need been killed while channeling. If you're going to just stand there practically in a self induced stun, the least you can expect is to not die during it. Oh, but that still isn't a good enough reason to use or rely on this ult btw.

I haven't tested this one for the better morph. The thing about channeled heals is they cannot be used as a panic heal, you have to anticipate the need for it. To really get the utility out of this skill, you have to spam it but there is so much more you could be doing.

Judge whether you PvP or PvE more with this skill and pick that morph. Mutagen for PvP, rapid regeneration for PvE. I go with the PvE morph.

If you heal endgame in PvE, I'd say siphon spirit every time. Not that you'll use it often necessarily but it's good to have.

The less you have to apply ground based DoTs the better, and on top of that it has increased size which is very important for maelstrom staff users.
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Illurian wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply @Brrrofski! What are your thoughts on Regeneration?

Sorry, skipped that.

I use rapid regeneration, mainly to proc spell power cure as often as possible. Mutagen is probably the better one though.
  • Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WhiteMage wrote: »
    If you PvP at all on a semi-regular basis as a Templar, I would say take extended ritual. 5 removed effects are FAR superior to the damage it grants. If you don't PvP, retribution is the way to go. For my part, if I ever get damaged by a Templar purify in PvP, I know they are doing it wrong.

Thanks for your input! I actually thought that Ritual of Retribution was the better one for PvP! I read somewhere that the damage it deals prevents stealth, but I'm not sure if it's true.
    Kiss the chaos.
  • CasNation
    CasNation
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for your input! I actually thought that Ritual of Retribution was the better one for PvP! I read somewhere that the damage it deals prevents stealth, but I'm not sure if it's true.

That is true, but the ability to cleanse debuffs in pvp is more important. The choice here is really hard. I go with retribution because I pve a lot.

You've gotten good answer for everything else, but I thought I would chip in on rapid regen vs mutagen:

My opinion is thus: rapid for templars, mutagen for non templars. Mutagen gives note molars that oh sh*t heal that they otherwise kinds lack. On the other hand, high level healing right now is all about proccing the spell power cure set bonus, which means fast ticking HOTS are preferable. As such, the faster tick rate of rapid regen is prefered.
    PC NA AD
    Gamma Fyr: Dunmer Sorcerer Stamina DPS (the Missing Sister...props to those who get the reference)
    Samekh Fyr: Dunmer Nightblade Magicka DPS
    Claire Le'Rouge: Breton Templar Heal/Tank (the Resplendent Bastion)
    Augustus Constantine: Imperial Nightblade PvP (Blackwater Bandit)
    Shadow-of-Sundered-Star: Altmer Dragonknight Lowbie
  • Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CasNation wrote: »

That is true, but the ability to cleanse debuffs in pvp is more important. The choice here is really hard. I go with retribution because I pve a lot.

You've gotten good answer for everything else, but I thought I would chip in on rapid regen vs mutagen:

My opinion is thus: rapid for templars, mutagen for non templars. Mutagen gives note molars that oh sh*t heal that they otherwise kinds lack. On the other hand, high level healing right now is all about proccing the spell power cure set bonus, which means fast ticking HOTS are preferable. As such, the faster tick rate of rapid regen is prefered.

Thanks for your reply! It makes a lot of sense. I mostly PvE so I guess I'll respec and level Ritual of Retribution instead. In the meanwhile I'll level Mutagen as well just in case.
    Kiss the chaos.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blockade. 2 extra ticks > a weak explosion at the end.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off I don't think it's necessary to use a resto staff as a templar. The heals are already strong enough without one and you lose set bonuses for not duel welding.

2nd since your using a resto staff just use extended ritual. Your clearly not trying to get into melee battles with opponents and it does more for a pure healer.

Templars heal ultimate is not worth slotting. Better off slotting restoring barrier (morph from the support tree) . Passively increases magicka regen by 10% and heals about the same.
  • Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And what is the general consensus on Necrotic Orb? As a healer do you go for Energy Orb or Mystic Orb?
    Kiss the chaos.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And what is the general consensus on Necrotic Orb? As a healer do you go for Energy Orb or Mystic Orb?

The only time I have seen a healer not use mystic is in well coordinated trail groups when the tank runs mystic and the healer runs energy. The magic return stacks is that case. But for general stuff, mystic is better for the healer to run.
  • Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The only time I have seen a healer not use mystic is in well coordinated trail groups when the tank runs mystic and the healer runs energy. The magic return stacks is that case. But for general stuff, mystic is better for the healer to run.

Thanks! I suppose Energy Orb would be overkill on the healing.
    Kiss the chaos.