The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How do I level up Soul Trap?

Davor
Davor
✭✭✭✭✭
Sorry if I forget the names properly I have a bad memory. I thought skills level up when they are on your bar. I have my soul trap on my bar but it doesn't seem to level up. Why is that? What am I doing wrong? I took it off my bar now since it is making the game a bit harder for me now because it takes up a skill that helps me play easier.

Relearning how this game plays but can't figure out how or why soul trap skill will not level up or any of the other skills like mage, thief skills or what not.
Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you talking bout the overall class that the Soul Trap skill is in? If so, then you have to do the Main Quest. This is different than any other Class* as the Skills will level the Class as the skills level up for all others.

As for the Soul Trap skill, just having it on your bar should level it when you kill mobs, or rather, enough mobs.

*There are some DLC specific classes that work the same way as this, like Thieves Guild, you have to do quests for them
    Edited by Nestor on September 30, 2016 8:57PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Are you talking bout the overall class? If so, then you have to do the Main Quest.

As for the Soul Trap skill, just having it on your bar should level it when you kill mobs, or rather, enough mobs.

Ah so the class I need to do quests. Thanks. I have it on my bar but see no increase in it at all. Will try it again. Thank you for the answers.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »

Ah so the class I need to do quests. Thanks. I have it on my bar but see no increase in it at all. Will try it again. Thank you for the answers.

I edited my earlier answer, as there is some Fizzbein in this, but you have the gist of it.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"