The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I've watched the old opening Cinematic video and........

raidentenshu_ESO
raidentenshu_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I thought it was awesome! I don't understand why their isn't even an animation movie of the series yet (Yes animation, no real life crap).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl54GScS7xQ

PS this was my first time watching the clip :)
Edited by raidentenshu_ESO on September 30, 2016 7:28AM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a way better introduction than the cinematic trailer that's there right now. It actually, y'know, introduces stuff. I wish they would put it back in.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. The old one actually made sense and told you why you were in Coldharbour the current one is a mish mash mess of cinematic trailer nonsense that has no relevance.
    House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never seen that! Awesome!
    PC/EU DC
  • CasNation
    CasNation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I recently started a new PTS char and saw the new intro. All I could think was "Huh, this doesn't explain crap, and the old intro was better."
    PC NA AD
    Gamma Fyr: Dunmer Sorcerer Stamina DPS (the Missing Sister...props to those who get the reference)
    Samekh Fyr: Dunmer Nightblade Magicka DPS
    Claire Le'Rouge: Breton Templar Heal/Tank (the Resplendent Bastion)
    Augustus Constantine: Imperial Nightblade PvP (Blackwater Bandit)
    Shadow-of-Sundered-Star: Altmer Dragonknight Lowbie
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While the old intro is better about introducing the story, it doesn't have any real cinematic impact unlike the new intro; I do agree though, the old intro actually introduces the storyline much better.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    This is a way better introduction than the cinematic trailer that's there right now. It actually, y'know, introduces stuff. I wish they would put it back in.

I agreed. I had so many questions about how I wand up in coldharbor and what actually happen to me up until I finally watched the old introduction trailer. It would make far more sense to put this one back on until you finish the main quest line.... Then the new one should take the old ones place.

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, they could easily include both within the game. Before logging in, when you're on the login screen, add an option to "View Cinematic Trailer". That would give you the current one. Once logged in, the "Play Intro Cinematic" option would show you the original, which would also play automatically when creating a new character.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't remember an intro, i must have skipped it. I wanna watch both. Outside of this posted one, where would i find the other?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't remember an intro, i must have skipped it. I wanna watch both. Outside of this posted one, where would i find the other?
    After logging in, when on Character Select, find "Play Cinematic". Or, this is it here:
    https://youtu.be/MBdGcm8mcGI
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting this, the original is much better, I had never seen that before. I have only seen the new one and it makes no sense at all.
  • Moonscythe
    Moonscythe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I adore the entire cinematic sequence but as an opening the original is so much better on many levels. It harkens back to the intro to Oblivion a bit (but better) and the music is almost Morrowind. It gives real information and looks like the game making me want to play all the more. I missed it when I got started (I was too eager to dive in) but watched it later and I really kind of miss it.

I also vote for an animated movie (definitely not live action).
    Scura di Notte - Altmer Nightblade (gear)
    Lalin del Sombra - Bosmer Sorcerer (alchemy/enchanting)
    Angevin Sarkany - Bosmer Dragonknight
    Alkemene Velothi - Dunmer Warden (Morrowind)
    Sanna yos'Phalen - Altmer Sorcerer (provisioning)
    Cosima di Mattina -Altmer Sorcerer
    Naria Andrano - Dunmer Templar
    Luca della Serata - Redguard Templar
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khaos_Bane wrote: »
    Thanks for posting this, the original is much better, I had never seen that before. I have only seen the new one and it makes no sense at all.

This is why the new one doesnt seem to make sense. Because it is a chopped up version of 3 cinematics they made before game launch.

I guess maybe they felt they spent to much on them for no one to see them anymore. Even if they were all cut up and crappy.

https://youtu.be/soKDyDjc3KQ
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    After logging in, when on Character Select, find "Play Cinematic". Or, this is it here:
    https://youtu.be/MBdGcm8mcGI

The trailer seems to be more suitable for those whom already done the main quest line.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Why are you guys ashamed of this old cinematic trailer? Put it back into the game already.

I had to wait until now until I found out what actually happen to my character in a role-playing point of view. This kind of information should already be available to us in the game it self.