Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

It is done... or is it?

UltimaJoe777
UltimaJoe777
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
So I was perusing through Netch Poots 2.6.3 for PTS and saw this...

a7bdfb017f3f4d59bded54148aca4ed0.png

Feel free to discuss because this will likely go live considering how close we are to PC Release.
Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a joke that they can still drop in training and prosperous
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even PVP and it sounds good to me.

I'll take the extra trait dilution for Impen
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why wouldn't you want it dropping in Impen @UltimaJoe777 ? I thought that's what folks wanted?

Or am I missing the point?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Why wouldn't you want it dropping in Impen @UltimaJoe777 ? I thought that's what folks wanted?

It IS what people wanted, hence the reason I made this thread: to let people know they got what they wanted :) At least until/unless Zenimax reverts this change. The "discussion" bit is so people can post how they feel about this change. After all, The Golden is now less useful lol
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on September 30, 2016 5:16PM
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why wouldn't you want it dropping in Impen UltimaJoe777 ? I thought that's what folks wanted?

@Beardimus anyone who PvE's exclusively (like me) likely wouldn't want it as it only dilutes the loot table further.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    perhaps they could also add Nirnhoned along with Impen and then remove Training and Prosperous so at least the number of traits in the loot table stays the same as now
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Why wouldn't you want it dropping in Impen UltimaJoe777 ? I thought that's what folks wanted?

@Beardimus anyone who PvE's exclusively (like me) likely wouldn't want it as it only dilutes the loot table further.

Not like it'll matter 90% of your drops will still be prosperous...
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    perhaps they could also add Nirnhoned along with Impen and then remove Training and Prosperous so at least the number of traits in the loot table stays the same as now

Well Heavy Shoulders and Helm you could just do Reinforced instead of Nirnhoned.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

Exactly! I'd compromise if, in adding impen, they removed training and prosperous.

Edited by The_Lex on September 30, 2016 5:27PM
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought they decided a while back that they were going to add impen AND remove training and prosperous from endgame sets. Iirc it was just before SotH with an "oh, we can't fit it in this patch".

Interesting how (only?) part of that makes it into the PTS after all this time. I think this either mean that they have been sitting around, or that's just how long it takes to make a PTS... Build or whatever you call it. I'm partial to this one because those new sets seem to be made by someone who didn't know stam was already king.

Moar impen please.
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd compromise if, in adding impen, they removed training and prosperous.
    What? You don't run around grinding CP and gold wearing a training or prosperous monster set? :trollface:
    Edited by silvereyes on September 30, 2016 5:29PM
  • Julianos
    Julianos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats good i do more pvp than pve so its a good change for me
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WhiteMage wrote: »
    I thought they decided a while back that they were going to add impen AND remove training and prosperous from endgame sets. Iirc it was just before SotH with an "oh, we can't fit it in this patch".

Interesting how (only?) part of that makes it into the PTS after all this time. I think this either mean that they have been sitting around, or that's just how long it takes to make a PTS... Build or whatever you call it. I'm partial to this one because those new sets seem to be made by someone who didn't know stam was already king.

Moar impen please.

This was not decided for Monster Sets, until now.
  • mtwiggz
    mtwiggz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monster sets should have always dropped in impen, it shouldn't have been taken away.

I would have liked that patch note to read more closely to;

"We removed Prosperous, Training and Nirnhoned from the Monster Set loot table and added in Impeneratable."

Prosperous generates less gold than wearing full impen does thanks to repair costs, training is mostly useless on end-game gear and Nirnhoned has always been useless except for during the bug days. Pointless traits to have on any end-game gear.
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They need to make nirnhoned drop from places other than Craglorn at this point. Unless there is some lore behind it only dropping there.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    silvereyes wrote: »
    I'd compromise if, in adding impen, they removed training and prosperous.
    What? You don't run around grinding CP and gold wearing a training or prosperous monster set? :trollface:

I tried it, but I found that it made me too rich and powerful. :trollface:
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah ok, I see sorry I misunderstood, Ha! It's a positive thread then cool :)

I thought the moans about training / prosperous had gone away now too. The rate of getting the helm you want / perfect is about the same no, someone did the math. It's just a principle thing You are more likely to get a piece now, which may get a bad trait for sure. But the piece you want with a bad trait is surely better than getting nothing drop as before?

And helms drop every time from OneT right....so rate is up, as is dilution (except the shoulders are split into three so you can target the pledge chest you want)

I'm sure someone worked the rate out on a different thread and the ball park was the same but hey ***!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • AtmaDarkwolf
    AtmaDarkwolf
    ✭✭✭
    someones math was wrong.

Prosperous is still dropping 10x as often as anything else. Training is slightly behind it, the others(all the rest) drop at about the same rate... IF you count ALL 'NON' prosperous/training items MIGHT be equal chance to appear.

I am really thinking they need to make all the traits equally weighted (Aside from nirn, idk why nirn is even around tbh) and equally 'useful' (IE, like previously suggested, prosperous should get u more gold, cost less or nothing to repair, and gain you more experience. While training should instead make leveling skills faster. Nirn could be retooled to be the spell variant of sharpened, where sharpened only affects physical resists)