Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP Pop % - Let's Look at the Facts

geonsocal
geonsocal
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Howdy...big disclosure - i got no facts...

the only thing I'm sure about is that I have an achievement which shows that only roughly 13% of all eso players have ever captured a resource...

if you've played in cyro for even a few hours, it's a pretty easy achievement to acquire...

unless I'm missing something (always a very real possibility) - that means more than likely, active PVPers only make up about 8 to 10% of the overall eso population...it just seems like there's more cuz we're sooooooo flippin loud here on the forums, and pretty aggressive in some of the zone towns too...

given the competitive nature of PVPers - and their strong desire to gain an edge, my guess would be that researching tips on improving their game would lead a decent percent of those players to the forums...it wouldn't be surprising to me if the forum consisted of around 20% pvpers...

So what's my point...if you are a pve type person reading this thread - come visit us in cyro...we're not all loud ganker, wacko types...

with one tamriel soon to roll out, try your hand at some dueling, see if ya like it - then find yourself an active, evenly populated campaign and give it a try...

this is my first mmo and I had little desire to check out cyro when I first started...however, after entering and getting a feel for the place, I can still vividly remember the rush of adrenaline I had the first time I was riding my mount alongside another 10 or 15 players going from one keep to the next...it felt like a moment straight out of the wild bunch (must see sam peckinpah film)...it was the coolest feeling I had ever had playing a video game...

if ya got any questions - let me know...happy gaming trails one and all <3
Edited by geonsocal on September 30, 2016 5:59PM
PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Lumbermill_Emperor
    Lumbermill_Emperor
    ✭✭✭✭
    come to my blade, fishy pvers!
    im thursty of noob blood in cyro!
  • linoge63
    linoge63
    ✭✭✭
    Ever watch the NatGeo documentary, Gangland?

That's about the vib Cyro has to me.

The only attraction Cyro has are the skyshards. Just lol to everything else

With Tam 1 and dueling, its as if the prison guards have expanded the prison recreation area into all of ESO.

Wanna watch Gangland in person instead of in front of the TV..come to ESO

Edited by linoge63 on September 30, 2016 6:09PM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    linoge63 wrote: »

With Tam 1 and dueling, its as if the prison guards have expanded the prison recreation area into all of ESO.

ym9aBb3l.jpg
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to remember the game on 3 different platforms so different platform will have different population of PVpers and PVe players
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »
    You have to remember the game on 3 different platforms so different platform will have different population of PVpers and PVe players

really good point...that 13% achievement is from ps4/na...curious to hear if the other platform/servers are much different..
    Edited by geonsocal on September 30, 2016 6:31PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be surprised with a figure of about 10% for the PvPer proportion of the population. I know that when EQ was at its peak as a predominantly PvE based MMO as ESO clearly is content-wise, the separate servers broke down as approximately 90% PvE and 10% PvP - and that's just the server numbers, the PvE server populations were always higher than the PvP ones (bearing in mind that in the old days SOE used to list the population numbers per server). Didn't Blizzard make a similar comment once about the population balance in WoW?

I don't mind in the slightest that PvPers represent a disproportionately loud voice on the forums, but I do note that the mods are always busy moving e.g. crafting and skill related topics from here to their appropriate forums while I can't recall a single PvP related topic ever being moved from here to the PvP forums - not that I'm questioning moderation, merely making an observation.
    Edited by Tandor on September 30, 2016 8:16PM
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be very surprised if it was even 10 percent likely much lower.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "we're not all loud ganker, wacko types..."

Amusingly you'd just made a good argument that you are: " sooooooo flippin loud here on the forums, and pretty aggressive in some of the zone towns too" :)
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One time I danced with a zerg in IC and they let me carry on.

Pretty sure they were fellow PvE'rs ;)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    linoge63 wrote: »

Aww, Cyro Prison isn't so bad. Come join us.

tumblr_n9ynvdr3ER1rvldgio1_500.gif
    PC/EU DC
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have you seen the escape coldharbour achievement? Its only at 85%

15% of people who bought the game, never made it past level 3....
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "we're not all loud ganker, wacko types..."

Amusingly you'd just made a good argument that you are: " sooooooo flippin loud here on the forums, and pretty aggressive in some of the zone towns too" :)

it''s weird - outside of work and family/friends I'm pretty anti-social (i'm from new york, so I don't think I can help being aggressive and loud >:) ), but the sense of we're all in this together when it comes to playing with your alliance is very strong, whether it's seizing, defending or fighting in the open...

I know the vma folks are pretty intense too, but, pvping can definitely be an adrenaline rush and get the testosterone flowing...

does pvp lead to that behavior of being aggressive throughout the game, or, does pvp tend to draw in aggressive types...I'm not sure...

personally I think if you've only ever pve'd (which I believe is around 85% of all eso players) you're missing out on a very cool (and addictive) feature in the game...
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i have pvp'd a bit..... it's ok, with a good group.

but i came here for the story..... and that is pve.
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a better explanation would be those that are actively involved in the game are those that care enough to be on the forums. Those that care about the game more than likely have delved into most aspects of it including PvP.

Just my .02
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really damn let me guess those 15% definitely expected "skyrim with friends" am I right @KingYogi415

Myself I am not a PvPer at all because I hate large scale number based PvP but I may just participate in a duel or two.
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

I don't mind in the slightest that PvPers represent a disproportionately loud voice on the forums, but I do note that the mods are always busy moving e.g. crafting and skill related topics from here to their appropriate forums while I can't recall a single PvP related topic ever being moved from here to the PvP forums - not that I'm questioning moderation, merely making an observation.

This so much.
    I can handle PVP QQ, but when every thread is posted in General Discussion and not in PVP section i gotta wonder if these players really have any knowledge at all...

Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
  • Nirnrotten
    Nirnrotten
    ✭✭✭
    Aren't the achievements in game based on each character, not account? I for one have like 2-3 characters that haven't made it past level 12 lol. So 15% of characters having the above mentioned achievement sounds about right. I think the discrepancy is more from unplayed alts than PvE players avoiding PvP.
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is at 92.4% on PS4 NA. The point though would be that the % goes down with each Chapter of the main story. So either people give up on it or leave the game before completing. Chapter 1.5 the Harbourage which should be done before level 10 is at 67.5%.

So looking at the resource achievement means you are looking at the full pool of people that tried the game but didn't get far into it. Not the best guide for who among the current active players PvP. Indicative that there are less people interested in PvP than PvE but not total numbers imo. Especially when only 11.4% beat Molag Bal at the end of the main story.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    we're not all loud ganker, wacko types...

Nope not all of you just most of you. LOL
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where are you getting these completion percentages?
    Xbox NA
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cryptical wrote: »

@Cryptical on console you can see the percentage of people that earned a trophy. Trophy is the console version of achievement (so they are the same as the in game achievements)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Cryptical wrote: »

@Cryptical on console you can see the percentage of people that earned a trophy. Trophy is the console version of achievement (so they are the same as the in game achievements)

Ahh I don't think I've ever bothered wandering through the trophy section. Or the leaderboard section. Xbox, NA, I'll look around there in a bit.
    Xbox NA
  • elvenmad
    elvenmad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe if we had better servers instead of the cheap crap they hire, lag and unstable/unpredictable servers is bad enough in 'normal' game zones, but in Cyrodiil it is for most far far worse, to the point its unplayable for many and a waste of time to attempt to acheive anything, hence alot avoid it, but its not for not wanting to take part.
    < PC - EU >
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    elvenmad wrote: »
    Maybe if we had better servers instead of the cheap crap they hire, lag and unstable/unpredictable servers is bad enough in 'normal' game zones, but in Cyrodiil it is for most far far worse, to the point its unplayable for many and a waste of time to attempt to acheive anything, hence alot avoid it, but its not for not wanting to take part.

I was playing the other night and it seemed like all my abilities were on about a 4 second delay...definitely a little frustrating...

fortunately that doesn't really happen to me all that often...the only time I'm really guaranteed to see lag is when I'm inside a keep fighting over the flags with about 30 or so other players...

to be honest though - that doesn't really bug me all that much cuz that whole experience is just so freakin awesome...
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You realize their stuff is probably just hosted on one of a million faceless boxes on an anonymous cloud server farm somewhere right? Have you seen 'Silicon Valley'?

The performance issues are probably software related.
  • elvenmad
    elvenmad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

I was playing the other night and it seemed like all my abilities were on about a 4 second delay...definitely a little frustrating...

fortunately that doesn't really happen to me all that often...the only time I'm really guaranteed to see lag is when I'm inside a keep fighting over the flags with about 30 or so other players...

to be honest though - that doesn't really bug me all that much cuz that whole experience is just so freakin awesome...

But just think how good it would be on decent servers :p
    < PC - EU >
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @elvenmad ...maybe it's just some weird new york thing (happily in so cal now) - generally i look for the best in things; but, i fully expect the worse...

geez - how's that for a depressing outlook on life :#
  • mlstevens42_ESO
    mlstevens42_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have no problems where ever I am running in game. PVP normal zones whatever. So perhaps it is not always the games problem?? Do I play a lot in pvp land nope have better things to do. Some like it I get that, but just not my cup of tea.

Do I dislike the pvp crowd? It is not that I dislike the crowd as much as I dislike the constant complaints. Some one smacked me must be hacking or cheating some how or they are over powered and must be nerfed. When smacking the nerf bat about they also change the game I play......not just the yahoo ....that may or may not be cheating or what not.

For example the newest on the nerf list by some heavy armor. It has suddenly become terrifying to a few and it must be wacked immediately. It is the new meta.....how odd have a few toons that is what they have been using since the game went live. I have not noticed a great jump in my abilities.

It is the constant high pitched whine in the back ground that I do not like. Not the smacking a few heads once in a blue moon. Not the fact that pvp exists at all unlike some.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is the constant high pitched whine in the back ground that I do not like. Not the smacking a few heads once in a blue moon. Not the fact that pvp exists at all unlike some.

Do you mean just on the forums, or, in game also?

similarly to pve, there's a lot of pvpers whom just enjoy doing their own thing...I've watched a few trials and group dungeon videos - it seems some of those folks can get a little bossy and carried away also...
    Edited by geonsocal on October 1, 2016 12:43AM
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

This so much.
    I can handle PVP QQ, but when every thread is posted in General Discussion and not in PVP section i gotta wonder if these players really have any knowledge at all...

Lmao the devs don't read the pvp section that's why.