The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Stam sorc execute

Syiccal
Syiccal
✭✭✭✭✭
Do I need an execute ie reverse slice
If not this frees me up from using 2h

Best Answer

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah you don't need one. As long as you have enough burst to kill low health targets before they have a chance to heal you can do without Executioner/Reverse slice
    Answer ✓
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't need it, no. For pvp it's nice though.

For pve dual wield is way better.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As stam sorc You have poison injection and Implosion passive. Both are nice semi-executes so You dont need execute on bar but it's always good to have it. If You're running 2h i would reccomend to have execute because casting next dizyying swing takes time and enemie can heal himself in the meantime.
  • DephlaterMouse
    DephlaterMouse
    ✭✭✭
    If you use bow, and PVP in larger groups a useful set is the Kvatch Gladiator set. Bonus 1700ish weapon damage when you light or heavy attack someone below 25% health.

It's fun spamming light attacks for 4 to 6k on people.
    USA to New Zealand transplant.
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No you have saftey blanket that has 8% chance to instakill and it feels broken right now ;)
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Destyran wrote: »
    No you have saftey blanket that has 8% chance to instakill and it feels broken right now ;)

6% chance ;)
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Significantly fewer standardized class buffs including no minor brutality, major/minor berserk, major/minor mending, major/minor vitality, or major/minor protection ;)
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »

Significantly fewer standardized class buffs including no minor brutality, major/minor berserk, major/minor mending, major/minor vitality, or major/minor protection ;)

Well stamina sorcerers get a direct bonus of 7% extra damage from passives that can stack with other buffs.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

Well stamina sorcerers get a direct bonus of 7% extra damage from passives that can stack with other buffs.

Well every class gets unique passive benefits, some of which include but are not limited to passive ulti gen, healing bonuses, passive defense bonuses, and resource regen... Many of which stack with other buffs ;)
    Edited by Cathexis on September 30, 2016 7:27PM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Counter point:

As a stamina user, I think you should lose access to the implosion passive as a sorc. You have 3 weapon lines to gain executes so the options are available. but based on common sense, you should not be able to explode someone with physical dmg lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • bantad87
    bantad87
    ✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Counter point:

As a stamina user, I think you should lose access to the implosion passive as a sorc. You have 3 weapon lines to gain executes so the options are available. but based on common sense, you should not be able to explode someone with physical dmg lol.

Considering sorcerers are a type of mage in the elder scrolls lore, none of their class actives or passive should be compatible with stamina; but then it would be a stupid pigeon hole class. Sometimes you need to forsake common sense in the fantasy genre. That's why it's fantasy.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bantad87 wrote: »
    Counter point:

Considering sorcerers are a type of mage in the elder scrolls lore, none of their class actives or passive should be compatible with stamina; but then it would be a stupid pigeon hole class. Sometimes you need to forsake common sense in the fantasy genre. That's why it's fantasy.

Actually this is nonsense, for as long as I can remember playing elder scrolls titles, deadra powered melee warriors are always a thing, from npcs to player builds.
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Counter point:

Did you see the small rocks in the hurricane`s animation? Just because I conjure those with magic doesnt mean they wont hit your face phsysically....
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Counter point:

Did you see the small rocks in the hurricane`s animation? Just because I conjure those with magic doesnt mean they wont hit your face phsysically....

It procs on all physical dmg. I understand why it was switched (it being a unique sorc passive). I'm highlighting the poor use of the English language to properly describe the change. It should have been something like "conjured focus" this way the name follows the intent; your toon having a chance to do extra dmg on low health with physical/lighting.

But still, the passive was to allow lighting attacks a niche to excel past fire, and giving it to stamina further the divide between Magicka/stamina builds.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before all the lore guys show up:

Mages in TES are more physical than magical, they use magic to supplement their physical attacks etc... they are not typically wand carriers in TES.

Next, if you're that low health and getting hit... well you're dead anyway. 90% of the time implosion blows up someone whom just took a lethal blow anyway.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Counter point:

After having implosion proc on me twice in a row from the same person tonight I am leaning towards agreeing with you
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Counter point:

After having implosion proc on me twice in a row from the same person tonight I am leaning towards agreeing with you

Wtf you doin sitting at 15% health or less?
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Counter point:

Getting beat on by 5 EP. I'm a tank, so it takes a while for my health to go down
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Counter point:

Getting beat on by 5 EP. I'm a tank, so it takes a while for my health to go down

Awesome answer, though I gotta be like... come on man You're facing 5 dudes at once, you can't be upset you imploded lol
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't seem to get my stam sorc to work.
    I've always played stamplar or stamblade
    So have loads sets I'm missing vigor and dawnbreaker or sorc but not much else.
    Any tips for sets and a decent set up would be appreciated.
    I currently trying use eternal hunt and skirmisher on my stamplar and alchemist and viper on nb
    Would these cross over to sorc I also have plenty other sets
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    Counter point:

Yes and when rocks hit my face I explode :sunglasses:
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But 8% more stamina and more weapon damage and more physical damage and some cost reduction and 20% stamina recovery and a third skill bar. Am I missing something?
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    devilsTear wrote: »
    Counter point:

Yes and when rocks hit my face I explode :sunglasses:

You don't explode you implode/disintegrate. ;)

Also there only 1 weapon skill line that gives you access to an execute. Sorcs are good in PvE partially because they have a chance to deal some nice execute damage, unlike all other stamina builds except for stamina NB. Stamina Sorcerers have 5 usable skills (Crit Surge, Bound Armaments, Streak, Dark Deal and Negate) out of 15. And one of them is a toggle and another is an ultimate. Why you want to nerf them?
    Edited by Izaki on October 2, 2016 1:22AM
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade