Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Regarding balance in PvP

Glamdring
Glamdring
✭✭✭✭✭
I have read quite a few threads on here about the massively unbalanced state of PvP . And everytime i wonder if the guy complaining played PvP for more than a few days. I am a stam nb (let the flaming come) and i should according to the forums wreck everyones ass easily, without even trying. Well i do sometimes when the situations are optimal for my class playstyle. With that said, if u dont want to get wrecked by a stam nb make sure to not give me thoose situations. I face sorcerers, templars and dks regularly that are really strong and who knows to handle the first burst and who know how to handle the fight against a stam nb. I loose some and i win some of thoose fights. In my perspective that is balance. NBs are the easiest class to get kills on though as a beginner against other beginners. But when u starting to fight the experienced vets, the tides turn ALOT. So, what do we want? Balance for beginners vs beginners or balance at endgame PvP? And when i write beginner i mean everyone that hasnt reached the endgame pvp, skillwise. and i dont mean it in a negative way, since we all been beginners.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Praise the lord, someone on the forum has a good point (no but for real this time) :)
  • Swindy
    Swindy
    ✭✭✭
    Dis One likes to sneak and gank, and given ideal situations, Dis One kills many.
    When attempting a well setup practiced opponent, or caught in the open, Dis One is often turned to dog food though.
    Dis One also has a baby sister who uses Magic and is Radiant. She rarely ever dies, but doesn't kill as often as Dis One does.
    There is also a middle brother for Dis One who is Fragmented and quickly blows people up, or quickly gets blown up. Dis One thinks he should be more sneaky with a strong breeze at his back...but little brother likes his dress and wand just as they are.

There will always be ganking, magic, and healing, and I'll argue forever that Pvp is about skill and a little luck and NOT about anyone being OP & omnipotent...
    If you're getting ganked, bar something that drops stealth...or stop whining.
    If you die too easily, drop your offensive numbers you relentlessly post screenshots of for some more resistance.
    If you're a tank, then keep the hell away from my family of toons as I just can't figure how to kill you 1x1. :wink:
    II Swindy II

Australian on Xbox NA (ex EU)
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I get wiped every time I come across anyone on my own in PVP and I just put it down to me not knowing what I am doing. In a group situation when I am getting heals and not taking all of the attacks, I can survive, do some damage and get some kills.

I don't put it down to anyone needing a nerf or exploitation, I simply accept that I suck at PVP. I have avoided taking my tanks into PVP as they do stuff all damage, but that might be what it takes - keep my tanking gear on and just increase my damage output.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most of the balance rage at the moment isn't really about classes per se. It's about the vast imbalances between stamina and magicka build types.

The stamina toolkit gives too easy access to the best damage, sustain, mobility, mitigation, burst, animation cancelling, and 5-pc set bonuses. The magicka toolkit can't compete on any of those things.

If you don't agree this is a problem then you are either inexperienced or blatantly dishonest.
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The classes are pretty balanced right now imo, it's the sets that are not and this allows stamina to excel in PvP with things like viper/widowmaker/velidreth it allows for huge burst which is the best way to get a kill in PvP.

Although, the new ultimates with 1T I think are going to further that gap not narrow them.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The classes are pretty balanced right now imo, it's the sets that are not and this allows stamina to excel in PvP with things like viper/widowmaker/velidreth it allows for huge burst which is the best way to get a kill in PvP.

Although, the new ultimates with 1T I think are going to further that gap not narrow them.

Not only the sets, but just overall destro staff is pretty buggy and the passives are horrible. Light armor also can't compare to medium armor in terms of passives. Stamina also had better healing excluding magplar. And the ability to break free and be mobile is basically the best defense in the game. Also all magicka abilities cost more, and the reason for this is because stamina has to use stamina for offense and defense, but I would argue so does magicka . It's alot that's leading to imbalance in terms of PvP
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The classes are pretty balanced. Sorcs feel a bit weak to me, but then again, I have no experience playing sorcs so it is expected for me to suck at them. I just don't understand how they work at all.

Magicka in general feels more sluggish to me though compared to stamina, magicka has more utility though, but it would be nice to see that utility made to be a bit more useful. I like that magicka and stamina play differently though, it's nice having a quick, strong, explosive stam NB, and a slower, better sustained, more versatile magicka NB for example.

I also play a stam DK, a Stamplar, a Mag Sorc and soon will have leveled my mag DK.
  • omgiztim
    omgiztim
    ✭✭✭
    Swindy wrote: »
    Dis One likes to sneak and gank, and given ideal situations, Dis One kills many.
    When attempting a well setup practiced opponent, or caught in the open, Dis One is often turned to dog food though.
    Dis One also has a baby sister who uses Magic and is Radiant. She rarely ever dies, but doesn't kill as often as Dis One does.
    There is also a middle brother for Dis One who is Fragmented and quickly blows people up, or quickly gets blown up. Dis One thinks he should be more sneaky with a strong breeze at his back...but little brother likes his dress and wand just as they are.

There will always be ganking, magic, and healing, and I'll argue forever that Pvp is about skill and a little luck and NOT about anyone being OP & omnipotent...
    If you're getting ganked, bar something that drops stealth...or stop whining.
    If you die too easily, drop your offensive numbers you relentlessly post screenshots of for some more resistance.
    If you're a tank, then keep the hell away from my family of toons as I just can't figure how to kill you 1x1. :wink:

Totally agree!
  • DemonDruaga
    DemonDruaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem with the magicka utility is that the stam version can use them just as efficient. Look at stamblades that can cloak for ages or stam dks that have always enough for their utility buffs. I fact you can go 64 in stam, zero CP or equip for magicka and have still just enough to buff yourself endless, or use a choking talons here and there.
    While a full magicka build can block once, do a roll and then is trapped due to no stamina left..

So one sacrifise a lot points to keep the stam managmet up.
    Ardor // Dunkelsicht // Pakt