The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What's better for PVP ...

Jazbay_Grape
Jazbay_Grape
✭✭✭✭
185 additional damage or 4,000 additional penetration?
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    185 additional damage or 4,000 additional penetration?

185 aditional weapon dmg?

because wpn dmg is not the same than dmg
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • X3ina
    X3ina
    ✭✭✭
    Penetration
    SW GoH > ESO
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Depends on who you're fighting.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm deciding between keeping my 3 agility and Lekis or switching to a set that would result in losing the weapon damage from agility in return for 4,000 more penetration.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm deciding between keeping my 3 agility and Lekis or switching to a set that would result in losing the weapon damage from agility in return for 4,000 more penetration.

penetration... you will never go wrong
    Edited by Xvorg on September 29, 2016 6:48PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the minimum armor another player will have is around 10kish, using a sharpened weapon and this set will drop them down to near zero. Meaning if this all you have, no matter what your opponent is, you'll get the full benefit.

Add a debuff and you maybe debuffing just a hair over their armor (but only against the weakest of armors)

I think that 4000 penetration is 6.4ish% more damage. So on a 5k hit, you'll do 300ish more damage. 186 weapon damage may add more damage to an attack. Somewhere around 400ish?

But im seeing the two are extremely close
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well the minimum armor another player will have is around 10kish, using a sharpened weapon and this set will drop them down to near zero. Meaning if this all you have, no matter what your opponent is, you'll get the full benefit.

Add a debuff and you maybe debuffing just a hair over their armor (but only against the weakest of armors)

I think that 4000 penetration is 6.4ish% more damage. So on a 5k hit, you'll do 300ish more damage. 186 weapon damage may add more damage to an attack. Somewhere around 400ish?

But im seeing the two are extremely close

Ok, that actually makes sense to me. Thanks!
  • Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

That's the impression I was getting from reading other things on here too. Thanks!
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    getting the penetration from sets(and cp/weapon choice) opens up the option to go precise on your weapons and still have near full penetration, which is, imo, better than 186 weapon damage
    Edited by Lexxypwns on September 29, 2016 7:37PM
  • Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Honestly, its not that the penetration is better, its that getting the penetration from there(and cp/weapon choice) opens up the option to go precise on your weapons and still have near full penetration, which is, imo, better than 186 weapon damage

I have some penetration from CP, but I use a sharpened maul.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    getting the penetration from sets(and cp/weapon choice) opens up the option to go precise on your weapons and still have near full penetration, which is, imo, better than 186 weapon damage

I didn't think of that, That is a good way to use the sets...
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Majic so I keep one weapon to reduce majic resistance and the other with more spell power .
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Until you stumble across a shield stacker, which is 50% of the players in cyrodil. Penetration does not penetrate shields.

It's best to take a balanced approach.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »

Until you stumble across a shield stacker, which is 50% of the players in cyrodil. Penetration does not penetrate shields.

It's best to take a balanced approach.

But shields have no mitigation, so it's like you're fully penetrating them. They only benefit when dealing with crits, and honestly a 6k heal is better than a 6k shield at full resist.

So you still don't lose out when using penetration. Not to mention there is no trait or self buff you are trading for the penetration (not a big one, 186 etc weapon damage isn't a major loss by any means)
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Rastoric
    Rastoric
    ✭✭✭
    Depends on who you're fighting penetrating.

Edited by Rastoric on September 30, 2016 2:02AM
    Just Say No! to changing Sorcerer Magicka skills to Stamina.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Depends on who you're fighting penetrating.

Nice B)
    PS4 NA DC
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By yourself or small group the penetration.

Organized trial group with Night mothers, major and minor fracture, crusher enchant, Alkosh, and Subderflame debuff then the weapon damage actually at this point your prob better off with the critical strike gear that gives plus 100 WD on the five piece.

There exists no scenario in this game where one setup is always best is slot it all depends on what your running, who your runnibgvit with, and the rest of the setup.
  • Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭
    acw37162 wrote: »
    By yourself or small group the penetration.

Organized trial group with Night mothers, major and minor fracture, crusher enchant, Alkosh, and Subderflame debuff then the weapon damage actually at this point your prob better off with the critical strike gear that gives plus 100 WD on the five piece.

There exists no scenario in this game where one setup is always best is slot it all depends on what your running, who your runnibgvit with, and the rest of the setup.

I'm always solo and really only play PVP. I'm a stamblade with 5 alchemist, agility all robust with WD enchants, 2 Lekis and 1 Kena.